Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any female brewers here?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Just curiosity really has me asking this question. Another thread started off "Hey lads..." and I thought how accurate that was. I'm only dipping my toe in the brewing waters so far, but I've heard of no women being in to it.
    Any ladies around here? Or do ye know of any that do it? I'd presume it's a male oriented business.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

For shame that someone from Waherfud would ask such a question, when your local brewer is a woman: Gráinne of Metalman.

I know a few women who home brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Not from here, I'm a Galwegian, so I get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

There's a few of us around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Been at it for a year and a half now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

I'm a girl too ;)

Been making wine kits for abt 7 years, just done my first stout (really pleased with it) but plan to make some wine without the kit this year

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

mished wrote: »
    plan to make some wine without the kit this year

As in "from grapes"?

Myself and my wife bottled our first wine attempt there last week. It is.....OK. I'm hoping some time will help it.

yeah with the fruit from my garden ;) I have cherries, grapes, apples, pears, loads of small berries and all going well kiwi's

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice. It's clear you don't live in Ireland. :D Interested to hear how that works out for you.

Planning on doing cider from apples in the Autumn myself this year. Expecting major deliciousness.

Good idea might try a cider myself, I do live in Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Khannie wrote: »
    Nice. It's clear you don't live in Ireland. :D Interested to hear how that works out for you. .

David Llewellyn grows vines and make wine in north county Dublin !

http://www.goodfoodireland.ie/Member289/Llewellyn%27s-Orchard-Produce-Dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Over in London, and have been going to the London Amateur Brewers meetups. Met about 4 of them here.

They are just as hardcore as the boys.

Advertisement