Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price plan/network? (iPhone)

Options
  • 07-05-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

does nyone have any advice on how to purchase an iPhone. i.e. what phone company are doing the best deals with not too long a contract. or would it be advisable to buy a sim free iPhone? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

emily

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Really depends on how much you plan to use calls, texts, and data?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emilymch1

would mostly be using texts, internet, downloading aps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Justin10

Well downloading your apps could be done on Wifi.

1gb is usually enough of data for the average user.
    Going on internet when out for a while or looking something up or checking mail.

I dunno which is best but have a look for around 1gb of date, most of time calls and texts are same amount.

could go with the company that you would be texting to as they might offer free texts or calls to the same network.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

emilymch1 wrote: »
    would mostly be using texts, internet, downloading aps

Prepay might be more suited to you as you will be only spending €20 a month rather than €40/€50

3 do web texts, unlimited texts, weekend calls and data for €20 topup every 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emilymch1

Thaks for your advice re prepay. is that with vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Sim free iPhone plus meteors 20 euro a month bill pay light plan: free meteor calls and texts, 200mins and 200SMS other networks and 1GB data. No long contract (30 day notice.

No matter what network you are considering get a free pre pay sim and test out the signal of that network where you live work and play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

emilymch1 wrote: »
    Thaks for your advice re prepay. is that with vodafone?

No, the above is with Three.
    Bear in mind, data will only function while you have 3G signal on Three's prepay plan.
    No 3G = calls and texts only.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

im interested in this too. i have been with vodafone pay as you go for years but i really want an iphone now thinking of going vodafone bill pay the 30euro a month price plan.... :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ahaboy

im interested in this too. i have been with vodafone pay as you go for years but i really want an iphone now thinking of going vodafone bill pay the 30euro a month price plan.... confused.gifconfused.gif

Did you manage to get sorted with a deal? Im in the same situation as you, looking for a good iphone deal, ideally vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Ahaboy wrote: »
    im interested in this too. i have been with vodafone pay as you go for years but i really want an iphone now thinking of going vodafone bill pay the 30euro a month price plan.... confused.gifconfused.gif

Did you manage to get sorted with a deal? Im in the same situation as you, looking for a good iphone deal, ideally vodafone

Why ideally Vodafone?

• Advertisement

most of my contacts are vodafone so will want a deal with free calls and txts to that network. think the 65 quid a month is pretty steep though..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The €30 plan is probably the worst plan out there on any network. It's not €30 anyway, it's a minimum of €42pm. That includes 100 minutes and 50 texts. That is below the national average use.

Apps like Viber which allow you to call and text other networks for free either do not work or constantly have problems.

You only get 500mb of data. If you think this is enough data to do for 30 days you should not be looking at getting a smart phone on bill pay.

On the cheapest plan the phone is €199 on a 24mt contract or €299 on a 18mt plan.

I know you'd all love to stay with Vodafone but their iphone deal is so really bad its not worth even considering.
    o2's cheapest iphone's plans come with 150mb of Internet, again it's designed to catch you out, best avoided.

i suppose the only way out so is switching networks..it wont do me cos its all vodafone i use

Ahaboy wrote: »
    i suppose the only way out so is switching networks..it wont do me cos its all vodafone i use

How much Vodafone do you use, calls and texts and how many of the people you call are on prepay/billpay?

It's a 2 year contract, that entry level plan leaves no room for things to change in your life.

I went with Vodafone bill pay 30euro a month and got the 200 free texts to other networks as my added extra for 9.99 extra so my bill is 39.99. I love the iPhone it's pretty amazing I think! U can keep an eye on your bill and if your going over it by logging into your my Vodafone website

Gal44 wrote: »
    I went with Vodafone bill pay 30euro a month and got the 200 free texts to other networks as my added extra for 9.99 extra so my bill is 39.99. I love the iPhone it's pretty amazing I think! U can keep an eye on your bill and if your going over it by logging into your my Vodafone website

That is an utterly crap plan you got for €39.99pm. You have no calls to anyone besides Vodafone and your data limit is also Tiny, you will get screwed at some stage over the course of the contract unless your a very very light user. I can't understand how you could choose it:confused:

That is an utterly crap plan you got for €39.99pm. You have no calls to anyone besides Vodafone and your data limit is also Tiny, you will get screwed at some stage over the course of the contract unless your a very very light user. I can't understand how you could choose it:confused:
    I choose it because nearly all my family and friends are with Vodafone so it's perfect for me and 30 euro is the cheapest bill you can get for Vodafone

I choose it because nearly all my family and friends are with Vodafone so it's perfect for me and 30 euro is the cheapest bill you can get for Vodafone

Why do you keep saying you have a €30 bill. You don't, you will never have a €30 bill and most likely you will never have a €39.99 bill.
    How are you going to contact your friends not on Vodafone, how are you going to call a landline like the doctor or dentist without going over your €39.99.
    Your looking at the price of €30 and your looking at your friends on Vodafone but what you haven't taken in to account is how much you actually call and text them every month. Would you have been better off on a more flexible plan, I bet you would have.

Why do you keep saying you have a €30 bill. You don't, you will never have a €30 bill and most likely you will never have a €39.99 bill.
    How are you going to contact your friends not on Vodafone, how are you going to call a landline like the doctor or dentist without going over your €39.99.
    Your looking at the price of €30 and your looking at your friends on Vodafone but what you haven't taken in to account is how much you actually call and text them every month. Would you have been better off on a more flexible plan, I bet you would have.
    Look my original post was for the op who was looking for advice and I was just giving my opinion to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 horse10

Me and my partner are 02 prepay . Anyone any ideas what the cheapest and best way to get iPhones on contract. ,been looking online but its a bit misleading and confusing

• Advertisement
Advertisement