Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Have had difficulty heading in the game since 11. But my manual crossing can be terrible at times compared to alot of players I come up against :o

I've tried it but it's too hard to keep the ball in play. Saying that I use 'semi assisted'' and I think it gives me the edge in crossing(I reckon I score a hell of a lot more than I concede). It's the only setting I won't use assisted on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

As a total FIFA newbie, what's the deal with the manual/assisted?

I only played FIFA 11, for a day, and hated it. I'm thinkin of making the jump this year though. The manual/assisted thing always irked me, I'd rather everyone was on a level playing field. Do ye all use a similar setup or is it all over the shop? I know some would think it's better having the option to change it around, I'd be much happier if it were a fixed setup so everyone really knew how good they really were.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thread for posting goal videos for FIFA 13

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056754122

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is the passing in the demo not assisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Is the passing in the demo not assisted?
    Assisted has always been the default setting. Ya have to go to settings to change to manual or semi controls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

As a total FIFA newbie, what's the deal with the manual/assisted?

I only played FIFA 11, for a day, and hated it. I'm thinkin of making the jump this year though. The manual/assisted thing always irked me, I'd rather everyone was on a level playing field. Do ye all use a similar setup or is it all over the shop? I know some would think it's better having the option to change it around, I'd be much happier if it were a fixed setup so everyone really knew how good they really were.

When I play online against other people I set it so that it's manual only so that we're both on a level playing ground.

If you haven't played Fifa much playing manual straight away is probably a fairly big ask.

But me and a good few others on here play manual and love it. We all highly recommend it. It is harder, but its more rewarding and allows a lot more freedom. And the main reason I play it, is because I can't blame the computer for passing to the wrong person etc. If I do something wrong, its my fault and I'd prefer to be frustrated with myself then with the computer. At least I can control what I do and improve, where there is nothing I can do about the computer messing up stuff for me. (But I still find other things to get angry at the computer for don't worry, but it definitely helps!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

cheers. Think from googling it that it might take a fair bit of time to be able for the manual settings, so will probably start on the default setup and see if I get brave enough. I woulda thought online the default setup users would have the upper hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Was enjoying it there now played a few games scoring 2-3 goals then decided i would try Arsenal didn't score until my 6th game Giroud is a donkey, Dortmund are very fun to use wouldn't mind them being 5*. Another thing i noticed was how the CM makes the run used City and Toure made some beastly runs no one stopping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Playing the demo makes me want the game even more! :(

I've played and beat everyone with Man City. Moving onto Milan next, who caused me the most trouble. Dzeko was a beast for me up front.

I like it but I'd like it no matter what they do tbh. One thing I like is that defending seems to be harder and the new dribbling and first touch also make the game harder so it will be more difficult for people to perfect their game and hopefully my friends will struggle! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

BKC wrote: »
    Playing the demo makes me want the game even more! :(

I've played and beat everyone with Man City. Moving onto Milan next, who caused me the most trouble. Dzeko was a beast for me up front.

I like it but I'd like it no matter what they do tbh. One thing I like is that defending seems to be harder and the new dribbling and first touch also make the game harder so it will be more difficult for people to perfect their game and hopefully my friends will struggle! :pac:

i love milan in the game haha
    they seem to be me best team so far haha even though im an arsenal fan
    the squad itself just is brutal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I dont get all this 'first touch' thing??

Japes said in his latest video that the first touch feature is exaggerated in the demo and it is better in the real game.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I just found out that if you have the season ticket its 24 gold packs for the game! If you have the Ultimate Edition is it 48 gold packs then?

Japes said in his latest video that the first touch feature is exaggerated in the demo and it is better in the real game.

What i mean is, does the computer do this first touch automatically or do i have to press sum button?! Coz im not noticing anything too different to fifa 12?

I just found out that if you have the season ticket its 24 gold packs for the game! If you have the Ultimate Edition is it 48 gold packs then?

Yup. Pretty sure it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80713267&postcount=297

Nice little feature I noticed. Do you know when you get a quick free-kick but the ball gets knocked away and you are forced to wait and take a normal free-kick? Now when the ball gets knocked away, one of your other players will pass it back to the free taker who will put his hand on the ball and take the quick one.

Just happened twice in my last two games. Think it is a nice touch. Improves the flow of the game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

When is the wep app opened for FUT 13?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well after 3hrs and a bit downloading the demo,I'm not really sure what to make of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

donmeister wrote: »
    When is the wep app opened for FUT 13?

No one knows exactly yet. But people seem to be expecting it some time this weekend or the 18th at the latest. Think they are basing that out when it came out last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Any notion when the demo is out for non gold accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Anyone else notice that when a player is down injured the ref blows up to allow the player to be substituted? And then throws the ball between two opposing players for one of them to kick the ball out of play! Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Any notion when the demo is out for non gold accounts?

I think its the 18th.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that when a player is down injured the ref blows up to allow the player to be substituted? And then throws the ball between two opposing players for one of them to kick the ball out of play! Fair play!

That happens in 12

Son0vagun wrote: »

That happens in 12

No it doesnt?

No it doesnt?

It does. Only offline.

I think there is a few things that happen offline and not online - this, goalkeepers getting sent off, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What i mean is, does the computer do this first touch automatically or do i have to press sum button?! Coz im not noticing anything too different to fifa 12?

Yeah i didn't notice anything either.

One thing I did notice in my only game on the demo was that I conceded a bull**** penalty (didn't even touch attempt a tackle so another year of soft pens is upon us) and then to make things worse the striker smashed the ball against the post and, without anyone else touching it, knocked the rebound in. And the goal stood. So I got screwed over twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It does. Only offline.

I think there is a few things that happen offline and not online - this, goalkeepers getting sent off, etc.

Goalkeepers get sent off online. I had one sent off in a Boards League match.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Goalkeepers get sent off online. I had one sent off in a Boards League match.

For what? I've never seen one sent off online.

I think it's a good thing too. It is so easy to knock the ball past/around the keeper with a flick of the analogue stick or quick change of pace/direction and to get taken down.

If the goalkeeper was red carded for this it would be way too easy to exploit.

• Advertisement

To the two people who said they didn't notice a difference in the first touch from Fifa 12: how could you not notice something so obvious? It is completely different.

Advertisement