Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

BKC wrote: »
    To the two people who said they didn't notice a difference in the first touch from Fifa 12: how could you not notice something so obvious? It is completely different.

And completely exaggerated for the demo too I might add! It will be toned down before the final release.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

NUTZZ wrote: »
    And completely exaggerated for the demo too I might add! It will be toned down before the final release.

do you seriously believe that? have you ever seen a final release change that much from the demo? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

petiha wrote: »
    do you seriously believe that? have you ever seen a final release change that much from the demo? :)

Absolutely with regards to FIFA! The FIFA 12 demo was completely toned down in the final release, especially with regards to the impact engine.

They have to exaggerate the new features in the demo as visually it doesn't look too different from the previous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

There is many gameplay videos of the pretty much final release on Youtube and I have heard it mentioned by the only commentator I subscribe to also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Assisted has always been the default setting. Ya have to go to settings to change to manual or semi controls

Really? It feels like it's on manual. I tried the settings and couldn't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Really? It feels like it's on manual. I tried the settings and couldn't find it.

Settings > Wireless Controller Settings

Then you'll see auto switching/pass power assistance/pass assistance/through pass assistance etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm guessing you never played the FIFA 12 demo if you believe that.

If you where to download the FIFA 12 demo now and then go play the full game release you'd see a big difference.

I remember in the FIFA 12 demo players would never make runs off the ball or never try to fined space and the impact engine was crazy glitchy.

That demo was such a mess I nearly bought PES instead.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

For what? I've never seen one sent off online.

Handball outside the box. Keeper was coming out to challenge for the loose ball. The striker got there first, shot against the keeper's hand and the ref sent him off. I'd never seen anything like it so was very surprised when it happened.

To the two people who said they didn't notice a difference in the first touch from Fifa 12: how could you not notice something so obvious? It is completely different.

I'm not seeing it. I've played hundreds of matches on FIFA 12, as I'm sure we all have, so would expect to notice a difference as big as I've read that this is but didn't really see anything.

I've only played the one game though. I'll give it a few more goes over the weekend. To be hoenst, I usually play 'one-touch' football unless the receiving player is in a lot of space in which case I'd let him bring it under control anyway. In neither case would I expect to see an issue with the first touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pre ordered on the strength of the demo. Never played 12 so my first FIFA since 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing it. I've played hundreds of matches on FIFA 12, as I'm sure we all have, so would expect to notice a difference as big as I've read that this is but didn't really see anything.

I've only played the one game though. I'll give it a few more goes over the weekend. To be hoenst, I usually play 'one-touch' football unless the receiving player is in a lot of space in which case I'd let him bring it under cotnrol anyway. In neither case would I expect to see an issue with the first touch.

If you only play 'one touch' football how would you expect to see the first touch with your players? Your first touch would tend to be a pass. Ping a few passes back to your CB and run towards the ball and you will notice it. Do likewise with your wingers and strikers and turn and run in different directions, you will see some neat/untidy touches.

L2/R2 is some much more refined compared to Fifa 12. You can drag the ball backwards, sidewards and if timed correctly with the right stick you can nutmeg an opposing player. Love it.

I threw in a filthy tackle yesterday and the ref gave advantage to the attacking team. Couple of mins later when the ball went out of play, Hummels was heading for an early bath.

Anyone notice the glitch in the arena? Was doing some stepovers etc. with Messi and then pressed L2/R2 and then Messi decided to run off the pitch. Then proceded to sprint full tilt back over to the ball. Weird!!

eioneill wrote: »
    If you only play 'one touch' football how would you expect to see the first touch with your players? !

To be fair that's exactly what I added in my second paragraph once I'd thought about it. That I didn't see it but wouldn't expect to see it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

donmeister wrote: »
    When is the wep app opened for FUT 13?

Not much information about this. I tweeted them but they only reply to the questions that everyone already knows, like "Is H2H seasons still in online mode?"

Last year it opened a week beforehand. That would mean it will open on the 21st if they keep it the same this year.

I know it's a bit random, but the only source I could find about an opening day on the webapp was some guy replying to a question on a random forum. I think he posted on the demo was on the 11th and the web app on the 14th. I can't remember the date of the post. Maybe one was already announced and he took a stab at the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone have a spare 24hr code so I can get the demo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I don't want to be starting a war here but for the ones loving the first touch pro evo also have it. Very realistic and depends on how good a player is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Last year it opened a week beforehand. That would mean it will open on the 21st if they keep it the same this year.

It was ten days beforehand last year though I think it was delayed for a day because their servers couldn't handle the amount of people trying to access it

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    It was ten days beforehand last year though I think it was delayed for a day because their servers couldn't handle the amount of people trying to access it

Oh right, maybe I just couldn't get on to it until a week before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Web App Early access to come on the 18th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

UT Web App early access details

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa13-demodownloads-02

Early access available but only to those who did the following (which should be most if you played last year)
    *** Players who registered and created a security question in FIFA Ultimate Team 12 between March 7, 2012 and Sept. 7, 2012

Lads can someone tell me the point of early access?

Surely it's worthless to anyone who won't be buying packs?. Even if you get your starter pack online you'd hardly be able to build up anything trading one pack?. :confused:

• Advertisement

Great.... can't wait for it to open now. I just hope we don't get locked out for a couple of days because the servers keel over and die on the 18th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Surely it's worthless to anyone who won't be buying packs?. Even if you get your starter pack online you'd hardly be able to build up anything trading one pack?. :confused:

You get gold packs for having played before and a daily reward which can be coins, bid tokens etc. You can easily build up a team over the few days so that when the game comes out you have something to work with. It wont be the best team in the world but its good craic getting it ready in advance and doing a bit of trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Point of early access to FUT via web app:

1. OMG it's so much fun.
    2. You can discard/trade away all your ****ty bronze players and trade like a pro to have a decent team ready to go when the game drops. Last year I had a non-shiny Premier League team ready for the launch.
    3. Daily rewards like coins, packs and the bane of my existence... Bid tokens.
    4. A chance for Sabre0001 to spam the forum with "Daily reward opening" videos in his attempt to earn YouTube moneyyyyy.
    5. A chance to grab absolute bargains before players become priced out of reach when all the kids in school get the game.
    6. Chance to make a nice bit of coin to start off with.
    7. Formation cards etc. are not at stupid prices yet.
    8. OMFG It's so much fun.

Axwell wrote: »
    You get gold packs for having played before and a daily reward which can be coins, bid tokens etc. You can easily build up a team over the few days so that when the game comes out you have something to work with. It wont be the best team in the world but its good craic getting it ready in advance and doing a bit of trading.

I knew about the gold packs alright.

The daily reward I did not know about though. I assume that ends when the full game comes out. And is just a way of keeping interest in the app until launch?.

I was going to buy the Ultimate Edition this year.
    But after a rethink yesterday I think I'll keep my extra E10.
    Playing from March I traded my way to a serious club. Had tonnes of IF's.... never got anything out of packs.
    I'll be doing that again this year so don't think I'll bother coughing up an extra E10 for one pack a week.

The daily reward I did not know about though. I assume that ends when the full game comes out. And is just a way of keeping interest in the app until launch?.

Playing from March I traded my way to a serious club. Had tonnes of IF's.... never got anything out of packs.
    I'll be doing that again this year so don't think I'll bother coughing up an extra E10 for one pack a week.

March? You're doing it wrong!

Seriously though, the start is always the most fun part for me.

Just reading the first few pages of the "Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!" thread and remembering how we were all scrapping to build a decent team of players we like with hardly two coins coins to rub together between us all....love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You presume correctly about the daily rewards.

Just on the "Ultimate Edition", is it absolutely concrete that it's going to cost €10 more than standard edition? Last year I went down to Gamestop on release day and said I had prebooked, they just said "Standard or Ultimate?" and I said Ultimate as it cost no more.

I reckon HMV is where I'll be buying this year, they have been rocking a €47.99 launch day price for most titles this year. If the Ultimate Edition is €10 more than I'll pass, as you said, you tend to get **** all in the packs, but if it's the same price, I'll take the extra 24 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You presume correctly about the daily rewards.

Just on the "Ultimate Edition", is it absolutely concrete that it's going to cost €10 more than standard edition? Last year I went down to Gamestop on release day and said I had prebooked, they just said "Standard or Ultimate?" and I said Ultimate as it cost no more.

I reckon HMV is where I'll be buying this year, they have been rocking a €47.99 launch day price for most titles this year. If the Ultimate Edition is €10 more than I'll pass, as you said, you tend to get **** all in the packs, but if it's the same price, I'll take the extra 24 packs.

Ultimate Edition will likely be €5 more. HMV have it £5 more and Gamestop €5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Point of early access to FUT via web app:

1. OMG it's so much fun.
    2. You can discard/trade away all your ****ty bronze players and trade like a pro to have a decent team ready to go when the game drops. Last year I had a non-shiny Premier League team ready for the launch.
    3. Daily rewards like coins, packs and the bane of my existence... Bid tokens.
    4. A chance for Sabre0001 to spam the forum with "Daily reward opening" videos in his attempt to earn YouTube moneyyyyy.
    5. A chance to grab absolute bargains before players become priced out of reach when all the kids in school get the game.
    6. Chance to make a nice bit of coin to start off with.
    7. Formation cards etc. are not at stupid prices yet.
    8. OMFG It's so much fun.

Someone's onto me :D

🤪

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Can't believe they put the Saudi Arabia Professional League in the new game.

Still no league from Argentina.

No J- League from Japan either

Outrageous:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Here are some international team on FIFA13 that we didn't have on FIFA12

Bolivia
    Czech Rep
    India:rolleyes:
    Paraguay
    Venezuela

Advertisement