Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

<snip>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its already been linked to a few posts back...

Everything is on http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_13 and on the thread here with the build up to release. No need to go reposting old news..

I hope they fixed the advantage on off sides thing. It was so frustrating last year when. the opposition was offside and your defense got the ball back or the goalkeeper caught it. The game would make you that a free kick and stop the game.

Anybody know it that has been addressed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I hope they fixed the advantage on off sides thing. It was so frustrating last year when. the opposition was offside and your defense got the ball back or the goalkeeper caught it. The game would make you that a free kick and stop the game.

Anybody know it that has been addressed?

God ya that was annoying, dont think its fixed but not sure.
    What annoys me is, when you play a ball over opposition defence and your player is offside buy yet keeps running for the ball and the ref blows whistle, surely there should be some way of changing player so he stops trying to get in to the play(when hes clearly offside)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If your controlling him im pretty sure hold L2 + R2 makes him stop chasing it

• Advertisement

What annoys me is, when you play a ball over opposition defence and your player is offside buy yet keeps running for the ball and the ref blows whistle, surely there should be some way of changing player so he stops trying to get in to the play(when hes clearly offside)

and even when they blow up for offside you can't take a quick free kick out. They show make you watch the stupid offside line animation every time. while all that time you could be making a fast break.

You don't get any advantage. it's bull****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

and even when they blow up for offside you can't take a quick free kick out. They show make you watch the stupid offside line animation every time. while all that time you could be making a fast break.

You don't get any advantage. it's bull****

also when theirs about a minute delay when the ref blows the whistle for the offside
    id be running half way down the pitch just after the player gets the ball, he runs for about a good minute then bam its offside
    major pissed me off in some games
    think its fixed now though, they seem to blow it straight away in demo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

L2 + R2 = Super cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Played the demo today on the PC and thought it was fantastic! Didnt like FIFA 12 but this seasons FIFA plays so well. Cannot wait to get the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Soby wrote: »
    If your controlling him im pretty sure hold L2 + R2 makes him stop chasing it

I went a whole year on fifa 12 not knowing that!!!
    Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Pre-ordered this instore in Gamestop earlier.
    Anybody tell me what I get?
    Ordering online seems to get no t-shirt, while instore has a tshirt? Just wondering what the story is and forgot to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I read something that you get FUT13 a week early if you have the season ticket but you just can't spend microsoft points? I had the season ticket last year and you got it 3 days before the release and no UT. Is this confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

have been playing the demo quite a bit today and i love it, the pace of the game is spot on i think in how the way your defenders can recover and not be blitzed with pace like on 12. the only player that seems to be over powered is Walcott, just runs away from everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I read something that you get FUT13 a week early if you have the season ticket but you just can't spend microsoft points? I had the season ticket last year and you got it 3 days before the release and no UT. Is this confirmed?

You get it a week to ten days early regardless, on the web app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just scored a goal from a good way out, defender was in the keepers way, anyone know if that affected it, or it could be that I'm playing on amateur.

Also something else I've noticed which I love, is when you chip the keeper, your player kinda stands still/hovers a spot and peeps around to see if its going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just scored a goal from a good way out, defender was in the keepers way, anyone know if that affected it, or it could be that I'm playing on amateur.

Also something else I've noticed which I love, is when you chip the keeper, your player kinda stands still/hovers a spot and peeps around to see if its going in.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Has anyone else been booked for moving the wall forward in the Demo?

I was messing around pressing buttons when the computer had a free kick and the wall started inching forward. Kept doing it and the ref whistled and booked one of my players.
    Think it was LB i pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

nicklauski wrote: »

I was messing around pressing buttons when the computer had a free kick and the wall started inching forward. Kept doing it and the ref whistled and booked one of my players.

Yup I have, and I laughed, thought it was a nice touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

nicklauski wrote: »

How does it decide which player to book? Is it the player in a certain position?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Im doing that too so I can see what the demo is like . AI is too annoying otherwise :P

Sorry Semi Pro i use :P

Also noticed you can set the exact time the match kicks of - in relation to the weather :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Soby wrote: »
    Also noticed you can set the exact time the match kicks of - in relation to the weather :)

Tried playing a night game with Juve as the home team? The lights don't come on. It's like playing in the dark.

Martin Tyler keeps telling me about the "brand new stadium Juventus has!" How new is it if they can't afford bloody floodlights! :p

Haha thats brilliant ,

Gonna miss not being on the xbox again for Fifa .

Good ole club days with yourself and para and that mad other chap.. Something Irish was him name :P

I hate the computer in FIFA since the last one. I'm sick of them always turning away from me, just chasing the ball. Its not fun.

Playing on amateur during the demo however is. I can score goals for fun and try out all the tricks and stuff.

I won't be playing 13 offline, unless its against a friend. Its stupid boring IMO. As well as frustrating as hell. **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I hate the computer in FIFA since the last one. I'm sick of them always turning away from me, just chasing the ball. Its not fun.

Playing on amateur during the demo however is. I can score goals for fun and try out all the tricks and stuff.

I won't be playing 13 offline, unless its against a friend. Its stupid boring IMO. As well as frustrating as hell. **** that.

I don't see how someone who isn't playing FIFA for the first time could enjoy Amateur.

I think you will find on Pro difficulty the CPU is crap, but the goalies are not random fans selected from the crowd and asked to do a job in nets the way they are on Amateur. You may aswell be playing in the arena, except the keeper might save a shot there!

I play on World Class when I play CPU because you learn not to allow the space to turn away from you, it makes your defending much better, and the CPU on the FIFA 13 Demo has been scoring goals against me that leaving me saying "... That was brilliant." Your cheating yourself man!

I don't see how someone who isn't playing FIFA for the first time could enjoy Amateur.

I think you will find on Pro difficulty the CPU is crap, but the goalies are not random fans selected from the crowd and asked to do a job in nets the way they are on Amateur. You may aswell be playing in the arena, except the keeper might save a shot there!

I play on World Class when I play CPU because you learn not to allow the space to turn away from you, it makes your defending much better, and the CPU on the FIFA 13 Demo has been scoring goals against me that leaving me saying "... That was brilliant." Your cheating yourself man!

Just the shooting and passing, the demo is so short that there really isn't much time to enjoy it, so I just **** about.

I'll give it a go. But in the previous game it drove me up the wall, I got so sick of chasing them as they just kept turning. It isn't the defending part, its when they're at the half way line.

That said, I'll give the harder difficulties a go. If I smash a controller, its on you Mikey.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Kirby wrote: »
    Tried playing a night game with Juve as the home team? The lights don't come on. It's like playing in the dark.

Martin Tyler keeps telling me about the "brand new stadium Juventus has!" How new is it if they can't afford bloody floodlights! :p

Haven't tried a night game yet but apparently the ruling family of Abu Dhabi have not been paying the Electricity bills in Manchester!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

anyone knows if we are going to get an update for the kick-off mode, based on the weekend's results? like, I seriously need that, as Arenal won 6-1 haha :D

I can't wait to get started on my Vitural pro and play with the boards.ie online Pro Clubs Team. Last year I played for "RedCafe Newbies" A team made up of Manchester United fans. We were very successful winning over 24 cups in the season.

Midfield was my position. I played in the Xabi Alonso role. Creating chances going forward but also holding in defence off the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had a game of this earlier on 2 player, man there is some difference from fifa 12! Absolute great laugh! The pace and skill is just perfect. Gonna have some great online games with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Question for the seasoned FIFA vets on here.

I'm wondering is there anyway to effectively use a target man in Fifa 13 i.e. to lump it up to your number 9 for him to knock it down to supporting players or get the ball out wide and swing in a teasing ball. I'm talking high pressure, high temp kind of play.

I wouldn't mind adapting my style of play but because of the way opposing players play the game it just end up with me giving away possession and getting dominated against teams who keep the ball on the ground.

Sometimes I find the tippy tappy passing gameplay a wee bit boring and one dimensional.

Thanks for your time,

Advertisement