Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They should stick in some cheat codes. Turn players into cars, or dinosaurs, or something fun.

Seriously though. I didn't play the new fifa street, but some of the game modes they had in that looked fun. I'd like to see them stick in some of them, just without the huge emphasis on skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

They should stick in some cheat codes. Turn players into cars, or dinosaurs, or something fun.

Seriously though. I didn't play the new fifa street, but some of the game modes they had in that looked fun. I'd like to see them stick in some of them, just without the huge emphasis on skill.

Just play FIFA Street online, noone uses skill :D Unfortunately it's sweatier than FIFA 12 could ever hope to be. While they said that indoor isn't possible due to differences in the engine, I would have liked to see Futsal implemented. Who knows, maybe they'll spring a surprise.

I enjoyed some of the old cheat codes where you could alter gravity, have a trail after the ball or alien bodies, but they seem to be trying to simulate soccer fully without distraction.

🤪

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Looks sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Career mode needs a fair bit of improvement, as I often found myself starting new ones after one or two seasons just out of boredom.

Another thing they need to get sorted are the player's faces, they have hardly any real ones compared to PES, and I'm sick of seeing the same, generic faces on every second player (and all the Liverpool players).

Another nice touch would be the coin toss at the start of every match, to choose which end you'd like to attack first. Be A Ref would also be fun, and the UEFA license since PES seems to have finished their contract with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

Liam O wrote: »
    Love the way he goes on about predictably unpredictable, yet 99% of standing tackles in FIFA 12 no matter what angle the defender comes in at are successful, be it a player with 60 strength tackling a player with 80 strength. I mean I was playing there today and Pazzini off Inter made a one touch standing tackle and shrugged off Badstuber like he wasn't there.

This bothers me too; just after playing a game where Robinho did it to Adil Rami in a Brazil v France game and scored. He'd bounce off him if he did in real life. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

the moving clubs in career mode mid season would be a big one for me, if you decide to leave its luck if there was a job available but itd be cool to be approached to take over and save a team from the drop or steady the ship at an under performing big club, something along those lines. other issues are player stamina, like was said above you need two teams to compete! the generic player faces get irritating after a while

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

they need to make career mode a bit more realistic and less boring

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

could do with makin the ratings a bit more realistic, ferdinand 85???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Wow the trailer looks identical to FIFA 12. Same sh*t differnt day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I don't like the sound of this part:

That sounds to me as though it will encourage a hell of a lot more negative noobish ground passing.
    I play a LOT of long balls
    , I measure them well and play them wide(from CB) or to the strikers(from wing back over the heads of the midfielder he's trying to block the ground pass with).
    This addition sounds like it will kill long passing and turn the game into a ground fest where anything over 20 yards away is out of range.

Also makes crossing sound like less of an incentive and will result in even more cutting inside.

Also have to laugh at this particular line .... In my opinion they went too far with limiting weaker players physical attributes, as if the worse a player is the weaker, slower and less agile stats he gets. Those stats have no bearing on ability and really makes playing with lesser star teams a chore.
    Now theyre adding that a LOI style player doesn't have the same touch of a ball that a top class player would have so we need to correct it :rolleyes:

LOL :pac:

joe123 wrote: »
    LOL :pac:

There's a significant difference between a ''long pass'' and a loofted through ball.
    I use LONG passes, not lofted through balls. I clip balls over midfielders head from my wing backs to my strikers.

Nothing noobish about it, and I find myself in a very small minority playing anything in the air.

There's a significant difference between a ''long pass'' and a loofted through ball.
    I use LONG passes, not lofted through balls. I clip balls over midfielders head from my wing backs to my strikers.

Nothing noobish about it, and I find myself in a very small minority playing anything in the air.

Fair enough, to be honest I dont mind how people play. But people who play possession football are somehow noobs? :confused:

Fair enough, to be honest I dont mind how people play. But people who play possession football are somehow noobs? :confused:

I'm presuming (and I could be wrong) he's talking about the one touch pinpoint accuracy passing that shouldn't really work, but every single team can manage it.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Sabre0001 wrote: »

I'm presuming (and I could be wrong) he's talking about the one touch pinpoint accuracy passing that shouldn't really work, but every single team can manage it.

The ping pong passing that was suposse to be fixed from FIFA 11 ?

The ping pong passing that was suposse to be fixed from FIFA 11 ?

Indeed. First touch feature could be the difference here, but we'll have to see. To be honest, that wasn't one of the things I tried because I rarely, if ever, try that tactic.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Before they start adding things such as first touch I think they could at least fix the basics, i.e kit clashing! C'mon like, simple stuff!

But yet he complains that his long balls will no longer work?

In Fifa if people complain about something its just because they find it difficult to play against. People complain about long balls, learn to take control of defenders instead of running back with midfielders. People complain about possession football...learn to pressure/intercept and stop standing off.

Exactly what I meant. When you turn the ball over most people just aim straight down the middle and find a striker and start one touching it like crazy on a counter then.
    I don't struggle against it(or any other predictable attack) my only worry was that unrealistic passing sequence will remain effective while actually playing football and using long passes will be penalised.
    But yet he complains that his long balls will no longer work?

In Fifa if people complain about something its just because they find it difficult to play against. People complain about long balls, learn to take control of defenders instead of running back with midfielders. People complain about possession football...learn to pressure/intercept and stop standing off.

I didn't complain that they wouldn't work(it remains to be seen, could effect ground passes too)
    I voiced concern that this constant method used in real life football would be taken away to encourage even more ground passing.

And nope I don't find anything difficult to play against actually.
    I dominate most of my games and can deal with any form off attack, my concern wasn't that my way off attacking will be taken away(just a vital option open to everyone, just most don't tend to take advantage same as for crossing.)

I can attack multiples ways and thats why I beat most people.
    If they drop their winger in front of the long pass option I don't give it, if they attack my full back I chip it over them.

My concern was never born out of frustration of losing an advantage, I could ground pass it the whole way up the pitch as well if I wanted.
    The concern is that an integral part off attacking sounds like it will be penalised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

was in gamestop yesterday and they had a september 2nd release for fifa,very early this year :eek:

• Advertisement

was in gamestop yesterday and they had a september 2nd release for fifa,very early this year :eek:

Doubt that will be the release date, more of a placeholder date for now.

The transfer window will only have been shut a couple of days too which makes it even more unlikely.

Doubt that will be the release date, more of a placeholder date for now.

The transfer window will only have been shut a couple of days too which makes it even more unlikely.

oh ya never thought of that,end of the month it is then

The demo usually comes out about a week after that date.

Last 3 years the game has come out around the end of September/beginning of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The demo usually comes out about a week after that date.

Last 3 years the game has come out around the end of September/beginning of October.

Demo normally lands 3 weeks before the game. I know this time all too well. The 3 min half (or less) are absolute torture.

We've got NEWS!

FIFA 13 out in Europe on September 28th (I assume 26th in North America).

Ultimate Edition will return - 24 gold packs over 24 weeks (one per week).

Pre order bonuses:
    AMAZON: 10,000 EA SPORTS Football Club Credits to redeem against in-game items such as special celebrations, Virtual Pro attribute boosts, extra matches in Head-to-Head Seasons mode, and more.
    GAME: adidas All-Star Team comprised of 23 of the world’s top players, such as Lionel Messi, Nani, Karim Benzema and many others. Also features a custom kit that can be used in online Pro Clubs.

- Might be able to pre-order with bonuses from other retailers, but that's all they've listed so far.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Buying extra matches in h2h defeats the whole purpose of it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Tempted by the All Stars team pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Regardless of what changes they make, I'm not buying it this year. Didn't think there was a whole lot between 11 and 12, plus the career mode is poor.

Will be going with PES this year for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I haven't enjoyed PES since 06

• Advertisement

There'll be a collectors edition, where you can get your team on the front of the box, don't think they've said what else you get. Heres the lyon one...

fifa13coverxboxlyon.jpg

Advertisement