Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I have had from fifa 10-12. Played the pro evo demo this year and loved it.

Just don't like fifa anymore. It's not realistic gameplay imo. Too easy to pass etc. When a player is facing away from another player he shouldn't be able play a pinpoint pass.

Played the 13 demo and didn't see many improvements. The first touch only mattered if you ran towards the ball and is easily combatted.

Some other small changes in it to make it look difference like the close control dribble and that but it's not a fave of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ManOnFire wrote: »
    gonna have no thumbs after the weekend!

Hah! My mate was complaining about this the other day. We played about 10 consecutive games and he said his thumbs were in bits, turns out he's one of those players who press down really hard when they want to go a bit faster, or crushes down on the button for a harder shot, it doesn't make difference! It's like those people who crouch behind the controller in an FPS, or act like their controller is a steering wheel around corners in racing games.

:pac:

Well I won't be getting the pass next year anyway. :mad:

The past two days I've been waiting anything from 10-30mins to find an opponent.
    I think it's because I climbed too high(I'm 38th in the leaderboard in D3 I think) and the matchmaking is so strict it's not dropping down through the divisions to find an opponent(when it finds someone it doesn't connect more often than not and this is after a few minutes of searching).

I got about 5 games played today in 4/5 hours.
    I even gave up and tried unranked but the lobbies are empty and can't find anyone doing an unranked search.

Since I can't play FUT(Moved account and had built my team on my old one) and I don't like playing the AI I'm effectively left with a game I can't even play.
    The only option to continue finding opponents for the duration off the season pass is to lose games and remain in a lower division :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

seems like eas server has effectiviely ****ed up my xbox live connection haha
    their that bad
    wow
    played 6 games in the space of 4 hours
    cant find anyone and when i do
    ea servers disconnect
    constant freezes
    bugs in h2h before the match even kicks off im stuck in the arena
    its unplayable

apart from that i love the game itself
    love how it feels, nice and smooth
    the ai are abit tick but overall i like it
    but something needs to be done with their ****ty servers
    cause theirs gonna be about 50-100k more people online tomorrow when its released in the uk and ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have an Adidas All star team code going spare on Xbox. Have no use for it myself. First to send PM gets

• Advertisement

Have an Adidas All star team code going spare on Xbox. Have no use for it myself. First to send PM gets

sent to TINIE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Prick! wrote: »
    I have had from fifa 10-12. Played the pro evo demo this year and loved it.

Just don't like fifa anymore. It's not realistic gameplay imo. Too easy to pass etc. When a player is facing away from another player he shouldn't be able play a pinpoint pass.

Played the 13 demo and didn't see many improvements. The first touch only mattered if you ran towards the ball and is easily combatted.

Some other small changes in it to make it look difference like the close control dribble and that but it's not a fave of mine.

If you change from assisted to manual control you'll see how realistic it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

If you change from assisted to manual control you'll see how realistic it is

Manual is just impossible to play. Fifa is nice to play though. Just little things like shooting, it's realllllly easy to get a shot on target from distance even when you're being closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Hah! My mate was complaining about this the other day. We played about 10 consecutive games and he said his thumbs were in bits, turns out he's one of those players who press down really hard when they want to go a bit faster, or crushes down on the button for a harder shot, it doesn't make difference! It's like those people who crouch behind the controller in an FPS, or act like their controller is a steering wheel around corners in racing games.

:pac:

haha i wouldnt be that bad now but im very hard on the controller id be in bits after an all nighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Prick! wrote: »
    Manual is just impossible to play. Fifa is nice to play though. Just little things like shooting, it's realllllly easy to get a shot on target from distance even when you're being closed down.

There's semi-assisted too, best of both worlds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

stupid question possibly, does anyone know do they usually do a roster update soon after the release, i usually update the international squads when the new ones are announced

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Game Face looks a bit weird! Started a player career with middlesborough. Everyone is so awful though, really bad ball control but you gotta start somewhere I spose. Anyone know if I mistakenly pick control 'my player' instead of all squad can be changed in the options this time? Any time it happened in fifa 11, I had to quit the game and start it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

tesco selling it cheaper tomorrow this year or them days gone?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Anyone know how much it is in Xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Podolski is the greatest player ever according to Fifa... Yeah that's right the moaning has already started. Him and Walcott are faster than Usain Bolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

srm23 wrote: »

€40 in Tesco tomorrow according to a friend that works in there. Gonna head in early to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Podolski is the greatest player ever according to Fifa... Yeah that's right the moaning has already started. Him and Walcott are faster than Usain Bolt.

Playing online? People abusing?

Playing online? People abusing?

Playing online yeah, nah not really played 2 games, as Liverpool against Spurs and Arsenal. Arsenal were just far too good, you could tell the guy wasn't a great player but Podolski and Walcott can just sprint through anyone. He took 4 shots scored 3.

Spurs game I went 1-0 up and then they scored 2 in the last few mins but it was a good game. Defoe was the focal point for him. Bit worrying that pace seems to be the main asset in the game. Liverpool haven't got anyone for the pace (Sterling isn't all that fast he was out paced by Kieran Gibbs) so it will be interesting to see in future games.

Sorry for the long answer you probably just wanted a yes or no :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

No a long answer is great. I thought the first touch thing might make pace abusing a bit tougher than last year. Haven't played the game yet. Didn't bother with the demo as I cant stand only playing 6min, exhibition matches for two weeks.

Started a career as a player just before I go to bed started as Liverpool before I even played a game, Real Madrid offered me a contract. So gone there to give it a go. Starting in a friendly so here's hoping things go ok.

• Advertisement

One problem. Played a career game with Real against Torino, one of their players A. Ogbonna, got a yellow card and it comes up in the top left hand corner, under the score. Only problem is it hasn't left. I am back in the menu getting news items etc and its still there. I am turning off the game now but yeah, not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

srm23 wrote: »

It was 54.99 when I went in at about 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

54.99 and 64.99!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

54.99 and 64.99!

Uuuugh, balls to that :(

I will be extremely peed off if my order don't turn up today

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    One problem. Played a career game with Real against Torino, one of their players A. Ogbonna, got a yellow card and it comes up in the top left hand corner, under the score. Only problem is it hasn't left. I am back in the menu getting news items etc and its still there. I am turning off the game now but yeah, not good.

Exact same thing happened me yesterday in a friendly. Yellow card stayed on the screen and was still there in the main menu.

I had my 3 friendly games for Middlesborough, MOTM in one and scored goals in 2 of them. Then they loan me out to Oldham Athletic in npower div 1 where I'm the best player on the team. How are people gettings transferred to class clubs?

The game is absolutely unreal!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

well impressed! Only ever FIFA experience was 1 day with '11 and hated that. This is far far better. Haha I'll second the Podolski misbelief, he scored 5 against me as Liverpool in season mode :D Although after 4 games I have 3 points which is more than the real Liverpool :P Great how the fixtures are the same. Anyone know if you play cup and european games in season mode? Hope so.

Such a relief to just throw it in and play, no arsing around with the edit file! The big gap behind the goals at anfield annoys me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

well impressed! Only ever FIFA experience was 1 day with '11 and hated that. This is far far better. Haha I'll second the Podolski misbelief, he scored 5 against me as Liverpool in season mode :D Although after 4 games I have 3 points which is more than the real Liverpool :P Great how the fixtures are the same. Anyone know if you play cup and european games in season mode? Hope so.

Such a relief to just throw it in and play, no arsing around with the edit file! The big gap behind the goals at anfield annoys me though.

You play both domestic cups and the europa afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Housebound

How do you play a ranked match online? Can only find unranked in head to head, do you have to sign up to the Ea Sports Arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Housebound wrote: »
    How do you play a ranked match online? Can only find unranked in head to head, do you have to sign up to the Ea Sports Arena?
    Go to Seasons on the main menu :)

Advertisement