Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The games broken online, terrible servers. Over the top saves from the keepers, they just pounce on balls too. The computer automatically switches on to players when you don't want it too and don't get me started on the touches way too over the top. Players struggle to trap a floater of a pass , not liking this FIFA at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

The games broken online, terrible servers. Over the top saves from the keepers, they just pounce on balls too. The computer automatically switches on to players when you don't want it too and don't get me started on the touches way too over the top. Players struggle to trap a floater of a pass , not liking this FIFA at all.

Turn off automatic player switching ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Oof. Collision is still a bit ropey. Just had a someone run into the back of Vidic in my box, bounce off and roll a good few yards, somehow a penalty. The ball wasn't even nearby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The keepers are woeful. I was playing UT yesterday and the other guy shot from about 45 yards out and my (80 ovr) keeper dives backwards and totally misses the ball. Then I try the exact same thing and his keeper gets a slight touch but the ball still goes in. There wasn't much pace on either shot. The rest of the game pretty much consisted of both of us trying to shoot from distance and being blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

What do ye all make of career mode?

Playing be a pro mode in career and it could be a lot better
    You either start or aren't in the team at all, you can't be a sub
    Got Walsall to the playoffs only to find out that there was no play-offs
    Have been injured for for months of the season, there's a lot of scope for improvement in career mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

anyone notice that around the box if you put a low shot in, keeper will never save it?
    Have to say though im absolutely loving this years fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

TheGunns wrote: »
    anyone notice that around the box if you put a low shot in, keeper will never save it?
    `

yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Just finished a game on seasons and was in div6 with 17 points so had already qualified anyway drew the last game now i'm in div5 with 1 point already without playing a game and it put down 2 draws on my record bit odd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask. I'm waiting for my copy to be delivered but my brother has a copy so if I use the 2 day free trial for online and then use the online pass from my copy when it arrives, will that work?

Probably over-thinking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

are you playing as a player?

Yupp
    marvsins wrote: »
    Turn off automatic player switching ;)

Ah I didn't know that could be turned off, thanks man. I am finding it is switching to people when I don't want to either so this option will definitely help.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

what's the best way to beat a player, pass/pass/pass and through ball seems to be quite a common tactic as does just try and outsprint someone with a nippy player but very rarely do you see a player just beat another player which is strange consdiering there are about a million skill moves possible in the game, only time i see a player beating another player one on one is just going around them with the control stick, do any of you guys find it easy to beat cpu opponent defenders 1 on 1 and do you use skill moves often?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Anyone else have problems with the Online Pass? When I got the game I entered the code that came with the game, it then downloaded something and (I assume) auto installed it. Now any time I try to go into Online Mode I get a message saying "you are not permitted to register an online pass".

Very annoying, the main reason I got this was so I could play online tournaments with some mates. I haven't played a FIFA since 10, and if I cant get the online thing sorted in 13 I'll be reverting back to 10, as I find the gameplay in 13 very frustrating.

Any help with this online pass thing would be sweet, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

RVD420 wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems with the Online Pass? When I got the game I entered the code that came with the game, it then downloaded something and (I assume) auto installed it. Now any time I try to go into Online Mode I get a message saying "you are not permitted to register an online pass".

Very annoying, the main reason I got this was so I could play online tournaments with some mates. I haven't played a FIFA since 10, and if I cant get the online thing sorted in 13 I'll be reverting back to 10, as I find the gameplay in 13 very frustrating.

I got it a few times. Just quit the game and go back in. Should work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

why do prefer 10 gameplay to 13? surely the point of new releases is to improve the game not make it worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm getting this now too.

Have just quit the game and turned off my PS3 so it better not be still happening when I get back into UT.

donfers wrote: »
    why do prefer 10 gameplay to 13? surely the point of new releases is to improve the game not make it worse

I find the tackling very annoying, the player just seems to hold off rather than getting stuck into the tackle. The set pieces, especially penalties are atrocious. I guess it will just take a bit of getting used to...

Got the online stuff sorted, thanks stiffler123. It was a matter of just quitting and restarting.

Bit glitchy, I left online and playing an offline head to head and the time/score bar has vanished, along with the player indicator and name bar...making set pieces impossible cos ya can't see the power bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I find the tackling very annoying, the player just seems to hold off rather than getting stuck into the tackle. The set pieces, especially penalties are atrocious. I guess it will just take a bit of getting used to...

I'll never understand why people complain about the new penalty system. The new system at least requires a bit of skill - the old system just required you to point the analogue top left or top right and you'd score most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The penalties in FIFA are absolutely brilliant. If you dedicate 10 mins to practising you should have no problems.

Whats the alternative? 4 possible locations and 50/50 if your player puts it there or misses? Needed a change big time and got one that works.
    I find the tackling very annoying, the player just seems to hold off rather than getting stuck into the tackle..

Just want to make sure you know it's 2 buttons for tackling in 12 & 13? Holding A/X will jockey and stand off the player, but you need to use B/O to actually make the tackle and get stuck in.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The penalties in FIFA are absolutely brilliant. If you dedicate 10 mins to practising you should have no problems.

Whats the alternative? 4 possible locations and 50/50 if your player puts it there or misses? Needed a change big time and got one that works.

Just want to make sure you know it's 2 buttons for tackling in 12 & 13? Holding A/X will jockey and stand off the player, but you need to use B/O to actually make the tackle and get stuck in.

Didn't realise this, was only using X. Cheers, that's made an improvement alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was taking a look through the catalogue. Apparently you can buy a win if you need to get promoted in head-to-head seasons. That's a bit cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was taking a look through the catalogue. Apparently you can buy a win if you need to get promoted in head-to-head seasons. That's a bit cheap.

That's Abramovich in Division 1 then

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Anyone know anything about online squads? Basically I like the idea of the influence of form into exhibition games but I don't like the way to to have this turned on the game changes your formation every time you start a new game- it's an awful pain changing it back each time. Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

What do ye all make of career mode?

Loving it so far. I'm not going to bother with the Pro Career (i.e. as a single player) so just started with Coventry. Blew my whole wage budget getting in Raheem Sterling on loan :D

Fans were calling for my head after my first defeat however. Harsh crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The set pieces, especially penalties are atrocious.

As others have said - the penalty system in FIFA is brilliant. I was sceptical when they introduced it a couple of years ago but it really is perfect and allows a real sense of risk/reward.

I'm unconvinced with the new game. Played a couple of online matches last night and won them easily (I'm not reading much into that as at the start the divisions are pretty unbalanced) but the game just seems a fraction too quick and it doesn't feel like the players are running on grass. They feel to me more like they're skating on ice. I was playing as England and Walcott, Young and Defoe were just strolling through the opposition's defence with ease and were way too quick to get caught.

Plus it seems way too easy to score with low shots and most of my goals yesterday were tap ins from rebounds which makes me question the goalkeepers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Xbox League Season 15 Sign Up thread is now up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056769153

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Playing seasons H2H online with Everton and seem to play Newcastle 9 times out of 10, they seem to be the 4.5 star team of choice, powerful with Ba n Cisse up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

frankled wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about online squads? Basically I like the idea of the influence of form into exhibition games but I don't like the way to to have this turned on the game changes your formation every time you start a new game- it's an awful pain changing it back each time. Any way around this?

Don't really know what you mean by form the players ratings stay the same and squads are saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well Ive only played it against my brother and nephew, dont really play it against computer, think its defintly an improvement, shooting way better, players make better runs, so far my bro has won 7 then I stopped his streak :D got to 4, then we drew 6 games much to the ire of my nephew, but I finally beat him to get my streak to 5, my nephew however ruined it in the next game :mad:, should say we random teams though, could see it getting boring playing with same teams, which is the reason I dont bother with online, loving it atm though

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Don't really know what you mean by form the players ratings stay the same and squads are saved.

Say on previous FIFAs, when I go to exhibition game my saved squads will be in use. This is the same now- but only with EA Sports Live Season Form (or whatever it is called) turned off. If that is on then the game applies current form- including lineup. I want the form to be applied but with my team selection.

• Advertisement

It has been the best Fifa since Fifa 10 IMO.
    I mostly play clubs BTW.

Advertisement