Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

In Career Mode, I usually play with a custom 4-2-3-1 with a false nine 4-3-3 as a go-to formation if I'm struggling to break down the opposition.

On UT, either a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

4-4-2 Holding, 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 Holding in Seasons. I've yet to try 4-1-3-2 but I really like the look of that.

4-4-2 on Ultimate Team.

I used 4-1-2-1-2 a lot on FIFA 12, but it doesn't seem to work half as well in 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

False 9 has been working wonders for me going through the lower ranks. Yet to see what it's like against very good opposition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Ah fifa 13, where do I start,

When I play it I feel like all my players are drunk, it just feels very sloppy, every pass I play i feel like the opposition team will just nip the ball away, this first touch thing while I think it's good is very hard to get used to. It's like ice-skating or something. Hopefully I'll get used to it the more I play. Does anyone else think that there's a slower response time from players after pressing a button on the remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Started online there. First 3 games I could buy a goal. Then switched to Madrid and scored 8 in 2 games but conceded 4. Have a record of 3-0-3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I'm getting it at the end of the week. I hope it's better than 12, I hated 12, and I actually had a positive record and let in fewer goals online than on 11 and 10. It was just a bit silly sometimes....

4-2-2-2 is a great formation if you have no ANY.
    The transition for AI to user is good.

Anyone getting bored with the game, should be playing online clubs with Virtual Pro, it will take a fair amount of time to build your pro up and you get a sense of achievement when it all works out against a team of 8 players online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

colly_06 wrote: »

When I play it I feel like all my players are drunk, it just feels very sloppy, every pass I play i feel like the opposition team will just nip the ball away, this first touch thing while I think it's good is very hard to get used to. It's like ice-skating or something. Hopefully I'll get used to it the more I play. Does anyone else think that there's a slower response time from players after pressing a button on the remote?

Noticed that for crossing and shooting mainly, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads ive been playing PES for the last 6 years before finally giving in. i got FIFA yesterday. can someone give me a very brief run down of the different game modes especially online? Im finding it very hard to understand! cant get my head round this Ultimate Team thing at all! do you have to buy the Ultimate edition to play it??

sorry for all the questions but iv only played it offline against the brother..i want to get into online tournaments and what-not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

akelly02 wrote: »
    Lads ive been playing PES for the last 6 years before finally giving in. i got FIFA yesterday. can someone give me a very brief run down of the different game modes especially online? Im finding it very hard to understand! cant get my head round this Ultimate Team thing at all! do you have to buy the Ultimate edition to play it??

sorry for all the questions but iv only played it offline against the brother..i want to get into online tournaments and what-not

Ultimate team is a brilliant mode. Basically you start off with a weak team of players. As you win matches you earn coins, which you can then spend on players packs. you can also buy and sell players on the auction market with other users. Many players buy cards cheap and sell them on at a higher price to make profit. Your squad have a chemistry rating depending on a variety of factors such as nationality, formation and position. The challenge is to build a competitive squad, with strong chemistry, to compete in the online leagues and tournaments. You can play with any edition, ultimate just gives you a little head start.

Other online modes are head to head seasons, effectively ranks matches, and pro clubs, in which you create a player and play in an online club against others. That's a great mode too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Thanks Pudsy33, Ultimate Team sounds like the way to go for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

This wrecks my head, Back in the day I used to be unreal with FIFA 02, 03 etc!
    I cant get the hang of FIFA these days, getting beaten 3/4/5-0 online against players who really are not that good! My attack buildup is shocking! I dont know whats happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

This wrecks my head, Back in the day I used to be unreal with FIFA 02, 03 etc!
    I cant get the hang of FIFA these days, getting beaten 3/4/5-0 online against players who really are not that good! My attack buildup is shocking! I dont know whats happened :D

Same as, gone are the days when you could score from the halfway line:pac:
    I've been getting progressively worse since fifa11

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

colly_06 wrote: »

Must agree with all your comments there. Every pass i play feels like a lottery if it is going to make the player i intend. Shooting i feel is very unresponsive.
    I think overall it take a lot of getting used to but just very frustrating right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I can't score and I can't defend. Scoring is an issue even when straight through. If defending my players can't tackle for ****e. I'm conceding alot from through ball over top. And shots from outside the box.
    When I last played Fifa it wasn't even on line. Fifa 96

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In Player Career mode, I have unlocked 'New Celebrations' 2, 3, etc. through accomplishments but the only celebrations I can see are locked until you buy them in eas fc.

Can anyone tell me how the Celebration packs are used. I think there are 10 of them that can be unlocked but there is no sign of them on eas fc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

akelly02 wrote: »
    Thanks Pudsy33, Ultimate Team sounds like the way to go for the time being

Personally, I've never 'got' Ultimate Team. I played it the first year that they brought it out but I never got any real enjoyment out of it and got sick of playing against teams much better than me, played by complete ****.

To me, if you're playing online then head to head is the way to go. Balanced matches every time and with targets to aim for (promotion).

Clubs is FIFA's best online mode though. Create a Pro, join a Club and don't look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Got this game the other day and I must say its taking a bit of getting used to. I wasnt super good in FIFA12 (only got to Division 4 before I stopped playing much) but I seem to be playing horrendous in this game. Players making runs from having space to into their defenders, running the ball into people, passing getting intercepted constantly. Its quite frustrating at times but I'm sure I'll start to get the hang of it again. I'm liking the potential of this new first touch control thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Right, what is that annoying noise I hear throughout ... during games n all. Sounds like some sod sharpening a knife!!!!

Can it be removed? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Liamalone wrote: »
    Right, what is that annoying noise I hear throughout ... during games n all. Sounds like some sod sharpening a knife!!!!

Can it be removed? Ta
    I had that for the first few days wrote bout it already here but went away the weekend thank god though I was goin mad for a while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Still loving the one player, playing a premier league season with Liverpool on professional. Besting most games but still having trouble winning them. Bloody ball over top from the computer is a bit ridiculous.

Online though is a disgrace, I'm not goin near it again until a patch is released. I've already had to shut down my PS3 after it completely stalled a couple of times, can't be good as it has to do the disk scan on reboot. Also keep getting stuck in the practice arena before games. 3 outta the 5 games I've actually been able to play were ok. Not good enough at all from a game of this reputation and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

I've played a few games so far and am liking it. One thing that does my head in, it's happened two games in a row with me - if an attacker is bearing down on my keeper and I rush the keeper out, he'll dive at the attacker's feet, gather the ball but concede a penalty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

- bo - wrote: »
    I've played a few games so far and am liking it. One thing that does my head in, it's happened two games in a row with me - if an attacker is bearing down on my keeper and I rush the keeper out, he'll dive at the attacker's feet, gather the ball but concede a penalty :(

Last year the keepers could take out attackers on one-on-ones and no penalty would be given. This year, if you bring your keeper out he'll take down the attacker, get a yellow/red card and give away a pen more often than not. It seems they tried to fix it but created the opposite problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Having fun playing as Chelsea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Temaz wrote: »
    Having fun playing as Chelsea!!

I'm finding them the most balanced team aswell Ramires is the man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I'm finding them the most balanced team aswell Ramires is the man!!

I stuck Oscar into the first team and he's running the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Anyone know where I could get a ultimate team code? Gamesnash ran out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

gotthebug wrote: »
    Liamalone wrote: »

Can it be removed? Ta
    I had that for the first few days wrote bout it already here but went away the weekend thank god though I was goin mad for a while

I've been playing it since release on a monitor with no sound, only got it on the big TV today and boy did that noise annoy me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Always have it on mute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Anyone hanging in the arena when going in for a match? happens me loads!

Advertisement