Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Anyone hanging in the arena when going in for a match? happens me loads!

Yea happened me last night, must have been there for at least 5 minutes. I eventually quit out.

Very annoying that problems like this occur year after year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I just checked there and you can change it. Go into Settings in the main menu, then to Audio and the option is there
    German yeah ?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Dont have xbox live set up so just play career and against brother/friends.
    I like the freedom and look of the game and the career mode is improved with transfers etc. i normally play as arsenal as im a fan theyre okay borussia dortmund are my fav to play with!

Things i dont like are computer over the head balls splitting you open out of nowhere? Passing seems a lil akward or clumsy but early days yet i guess
    Tackling is something i dont like since it changed in fifa 12

An improvement from last year slightly but more diferent than improved in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

the_monkey wrote: »
    I just checked there and you can change it. Go into Settings in the main menu, then to Audio and the option is there
    German yeah ?

Yeah, there's 12 different languages including German

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

the_monkey wrote: »
    German yeah ?

Yeah, there's 12 different languages including German

I can only select English, Dutch and German?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

any do much editinng with the aul sliders??

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I can only select English, Dutch and German?

I think it's just the PS3 so that gets the full compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

astonaidan wrote: »
    any do much editinng with the aul sliders??

Ah no, that makes it too easy

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Anyone hanging in the arena when going in for a match? happens me loads!

Yes, it's happened to me many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Playing the last week with Fulham on the second hardest level. I love the new touch system when receiving balls. It didnt matter who I played with in FIFA 12,11,10, the ping-pong passing meant i could beat any side. The new system is a lot more challenging ie if you lose possession youre f**ked and youre rushing to organise defenders.

I love the realism too. Was playing WBA and went a goal up and got cocky and went all out attack and Odimweinge annihilated me on the counter attack, lost 8-2. My heaviest defeat ever in my FIFA by a mile. Then got cocky again against Cardiff in league cup and got hammered again. Played Man City and defended like a dog. I didnt have one shot at goal and it was like the alamo in our box. Schwarzer had the game of his life. City had 20 shots on goal and ended 0-0. I gave Mancini a bit of stick before the game so maybe that got to them or something.

In previous FIFAs it was 50-50 who would win when I played against the top teams no matter what team I had. This time around you really feel like youre up aganst one of the top four. Im dreading the Chelsea game.

Waiting for the transfer window, going to go after Subotic and Vorm.

Norwich 1-0 (won)
    Man Utd 0-2 (lost)
    WBA 8-2 (lost)
    Cardiff 2-5 (lost)
    Man City 0-0
    Southampton 1-1
    A Villa 3-1 (won)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads,

ive only played 2 online games (one with a mate and one with a stranger in some league) but in both games it was really slow, game stuttering, press pass and it would take at least a second to make it etc etc

reckon its my broadband, or anything i can do to resolve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

akelly02 wrote: »
    Lads,

ive only played 2 online games (one with a mate and one with a stranger in some league) but in both games it was really slow, game stuttering, press pass and it would take at least a second to make it etc etc

reckon its my broadband, or anything i can do to resolve this?

It could be your broadband, however it could equally be the EA servers as they are overloaded at the minute and can be very unreliable.

How are you connected to the internet, do you have wired broadband (eg. Eircom) or a wireless dongle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I bought FIFA 13 for the 3DS Nintendo.

While FIFA 12 was a major upgrade from it's predecessor in every respect, the latest version is little more than a re-package of last year's game. From what I can see, there are no discernible differences apart from some very minor adjustments to the game play.

Very disappointing indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could just be unlucky too. Have a look at the latency bars before accepting game next time. If it's yellow you will feel a difference. Also, check your NAT type - may have an impact.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

What is the story with the goalkeepers? I'm scoring with nearly every shot on target.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    It could be your broadband, however it could equally be the EA servers as they are overloaded at the minute and can be very unreliable.

How are you connected to the internet, do you have wired broadband (eg. Eircom) or a wireless dongle?

I know nothing, and i mean nothing about broadband! i have WIFI with Three. Whats a dongle?

I literally just switch the wifi on and thats it. I played MW3 a few months ago and played fine online. ( cant try it now though, traded it in towards FIFA :pac:)

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Could just be unlucky too. Have a look at the latency bars before accepting game next time. If it's yellow you will feel a difference. Also, check your NAT type - may have an impact.

Sorry but iv no idea what a NAT type is.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

akelly02 wrote: »
    I know nothing, and i mean nothing about broadband! i have WIFI with Three. Whats a dongle?

I literally just switch the wifi on and thats it. I played MW3 a few months ago and played fine online. ( cant try it now though, traded it in towards FIFA :pac:)

you should go to speedtest.net and pingtest and that will tell you if theres any problems at your end. it could also be that your NAT settings arent set up correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What is the story with the goalkeepers? I'm scoring with nearly every shot on target.

Take it off assisted shooting maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Take it off assisted shooting maybe?

Maybe, I've just played with the default settings for the last 4 FIFA games and this one just seems incredibly easy to score.

I've only played about 15 or so games yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Virtual Pro is class! Delighted there's no cheaters this year... yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Playing the last week with Fulham on the second hardest level. I love the new touch system when receiving balls. It didnt matter who I played with in FIFA 12,11,10, the ping-pong passing meant i could beat any side. The new system is a lot more challenging ie if you lose possession youre f**ked and youre rushing to organise defenders.

I love the realism too. Was playing WBA and went a goal up and got cocky and went all out attack and Odimweinge annihilated me on the counter attack, lost 8-2. My heaviest defeat ever in my FIFA by a mile. Then got cocky again against Cardiff in league cup and got hammered again. Played Man City and defended like a dog. I didnt have one shot at goal and it was like the alamo in our box. Schwarzer had the game of his life. City had 20 shots on goal and ended 0-0. I gave Mancini a bit of stick before the game so maybe that got to them or something.

In previous FIFAs it was 50-50 who would win when I played against the top teams no matter what team I had. This time around you really feel like youre up aganst one of the top four. Im dreading the Chelsea game.

Waiting for the transfer window, going to go after Subotic and Vorm.

Norwich 1-0 (won)
    Man Utd 0-2 (lost)
    WBA 8-2 (lost)
    Cardiff 2-5 (lost)
    Man City 0-0
    Southampton 1-1
    A Villa 3-1 (won)

Er..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I love the realism too. Was playing WBA and went a goal up and got cocky and went all out attack and Odimweinge annihilated me on the counter attack, lost 8-2.
    Prick! wrote: »
    Er..

Er......

8-2-win-Manchster-vs-Arsenal1.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Anyone having problem with seasons? Seems like everytime i play a game the result gets counted as double..last game i played, which i lost, counted as two losses against me, previous game a draw counted double to...odd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Er......

8-2-win-Manchster-vs-Arsenal1jpg

:P

That's not a realistic result though ;)

opengoal wrote: »
    Anyone having problem with seasons? Seems like everytime i play a game the result gets counted as double..last game i played, which i lost, counted as two losses against me, previous game a draw counted double to...odd.

That happened to me during the Early Release(haven't played a game since I got the retail so only 40 games experience)
    It counted in every way, in my last 5-6 game bracket, on my overall record and lost a game in my season.

That's probably why they put in extra games in the catalogue :pac:
    I said I wouldn't use them, but I definitely claimed that extra loss back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Fifa has finally arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Fifa has finally arrived

Thats absolutely outrageous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Fifa has finally arrived

who did you order with? i am still waiting on mine...ordered from thehut.com i knew id be waiting a few days but its driving me a bit mad lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

markie29 wrote: »
    Fifa has finally arrived

who did you order with? i am still waiting on mine...ordered from thehut.com i knew id be waiting a few days but its driving me a bit mad lol

Game.co.uk , it was supposedly shipped Tuesday of last week

Advertisement