Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone else having serious grief getting a game setup in seasons on the 360?
    Getting a lot of opponent found then connection lost errors.

I'd say only 1 in 10 games are actually starting for me.
    Seems like they may need a patch soon maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

You're a United fan and you're 13 ? Your opinion is soooooo valid :rolleyes:

I would have thought that '1999' referenced Man Utd's treble, though he is acting like a thirteen year old

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

akelly02 wrote: »
    is clubs where you create your own player?

You create a player and then join an online club. So it's an online mode, it's not the offline career mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You create a player and then join an online club. So it's an online mode, it's not the offline career mode.

Thanks. I take it you pick whatever position you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Defending from corners and crosses is dreadful against the computer anyway. Man can be in the perfect position but most of the time the best he will do is half block the strikers header.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You're a United fan and you're 13 ? Your opinion is soooooo valid :rolleyes:

Its as valid as yours or anyone elses, not that this particular post of yours has any point to it. Keep the smart arse comments to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't edit my player in career mode, it says "Barcelona have too many players, you will now become a free agent" But it doesn't even leave the screen, have to turn the console off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

IMHO, Dortmund are the most fun team to play as in the game.

Their attacking movement is just brilliant. Gotze can open teams up with through balls, Kuba & Reus are very fast on the wings, Lewandowski is strong and great in the air. Very solid defensively with Gundogan & Bender in CM. Hummels and Subotic are excellent too.

Worth a go if you haven't tried them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Got my first Seasons game to work the other night.
    Picked Dortmund. Stormed into a 3-0 lead. About 75 minutes the game started to freeze.
    Kicked back to the menu, had been logged out of the servers and Xbox live.
    Logged into seasons yesterday, still showing as no games played.
    I was certain it was going to be a loss for me :)

Got a few games in on the online friendlies with a mate, got hammered.
    I'm shocking at this game against human opposition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Defending from corners and crosses is dreadful against the computer anyway. Man can be in the perfect position but most of the time the best he will do is half block the strikers header.

It just seems completely random to me. A guy I was playing put in a cross to Walcott who I was marking with Badstuber but in a shoulder to shoulder jump, Walcott someone managed to overpower him and smash a header into the top corner.

• Advertisement

They should be ashamed to have released this game and I'm disappointed it wasn't slated in the reviews on the basis of how buggy it is.

To expand:

Started the game, went into Pro Clubs and the results page. Tried to back out but I was stuck navigating the page. Had to sign out of PSN and instead of it saying I lost connection the screen went black and I was back on the XMB. :rolleyes:

Restart the game, press search in UT and I'm told I've no online access. For the second time in 2 weeks, I'd to deleted the game data and redownload the online pass.

Reboot the game again, find a match and go 2-0 up. The game freezes and crashes.

I'm sick to death of it crashing. It's beyond a poor effort, it's bordering on being unplayable.

Two nights ago I had to restart the game 8 times due to it crashing. One included a HT freeze in a Clubs game. Today was the second mid game crash I've had.

I've been put back to the first round of cup in UT about 6/7 times due to losing connection/game crashing(In previous years that would only occur if you lost connection/froze after finding an opponent and starting the game, this year its happening even when I crash searching. :mad:

Hmmmm, there isn't a title for each division? Seems a bit crap.

I won the D10 & D9 titles, but it just shows as "Bronze league title x2".

It kinda means you can get the trophy for winning Div2 if you win Div4 (eg).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, there isn't a title for each division? Seems a bit crap.

I won the D10 & D9 titles, but it just shows as "Bronze league title x2".

It kinda means you can get the trophy for winning Div2 if you win Div4 (eg).

I'm up to Division 5 now and have won all 5 titles along the way (3 bronze & 2 silver). But I would have been perfectly happy with just promotion and no titles at all like last year. The Division 1 League Title is all that matters imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

never have i played a game with so many freezes in it. still love it tho. i can only hope that when the patch comes out it solves the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Sooo, there seems to be an awful lot of RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE in this thread, and I'm trying to decide whether to buy the game or not. I haven't bought a football game since PES6 so my apologies if I unconsciously tell you to get off my lawn at any point.

Are the online issues really as bad? There seems to be a wide concensus that the servers are taking a hammering. I'd rather not buy it this week and find it unplayable until some kind of patch or improvement is sorted out.

Thank yiz kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

colly_06 wrote: »
    Ah fifa 13, where do I start,

When I play it I feel like all my players are drunk, it just feels very sloppy, every pass I play i feel like the opposition team will just nip the ball away, this first touch thing while I think it's good is very hard to get used to. It's like ice-skating or something. Hopefully I'll get used to it the more I play. Does anyone else think that there's a slower response time from players after pressing a button on the remote?
    I play both FIFA & PES and I find in FIFA you have to press the shoot button a split second before you acutually want to shoot. PES shooting seems more responsive. Liking FIFA this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Sooo, there seems to be an awful lot of RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE in this thread, and I'm trying to decide whether to buy the game or not. I haven't bought a football game since PES6 so my apologies if I unconsciously tell you to get off my lawn at any point.

Are the online issues really as bad? There seems to be a wide concensus that the servers are taking a hammering. I'd rather not buy it this week and find it unplayable until some kind of patch or improvement is sorted out.

Thank yiz kindly.

Got this game on release day, haven't experienced all these issues even though i only have 3mb boradband. I've played 4 online league games, all perfect, no server problems and i played cup games online over the weekend. Had a few issues over the game stopping at the arena screen pre match but once in the game, everything has been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

yeah in the game is fine , But sometime trying to find a game is a nightmare :/

Christ. Lost the last two games by an aggregate score of 4-0. Had 24 shots to my opponents 5.

I dominate nearly every game from start to finish but I'm finding it very difficult to translate pressure, possession and shots into goals...if the other guy gets one chance, I end up conceding.

Any tips, apart from "shoot better"? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay problem here, whenever i create a custom formation for a team and save it, the next time i go into seasons and try to apply it its not there anymore. Any ideas on the reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Christ. Lost the last two games by an aggregate score of 4-0. Had 24 shots to my opponents 5.

I dominate nearly every game from start to finish but I'm finding it very difficult to translate pressure, possession and shots into goals...if the other guy gets one chance, I end up conceding.

Any tips, apart from "shoot better"? :(

Lace the ball! Much more over powered this year towards the fineese shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sooo, there seems to be an awful lot of RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE in this thread, and I'm trying to decide whether to buy the game or not. I haven't bought a football game since PES6so my apologies if I unconsciously tell you to get off my lawn at any point.

Thank yiz kindly.

Ah PES6.. Arguably the best football game made, which I played up till 2011.. the only football game I felt I actually got my money's worth from :pac:

But you should buy Fifa second hand or rent it, it's throwing 50 quid down the drain buying it.. Career mode, pro clubs can only satisfy for so long, a lot of my friends have sold the game already

The online issues will obviously be fixed they're not that bad if you have a decent Internet connection

Hmmmm, 4 seasons games in a row now that the opposition keeper has gotten man of the match. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

ShaneU wrote: »
    I can't edit my player in career mode, it says "Barcelona have too many players, you will now become a free agent" But it doesn't even leave the screen, have to turn the console off.

Happened to me aswell with City,luckliy had it saved before I went into edit and will save it everytime just in case.Went onto the EA forums and theres a few people with the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hmmmm, 4 seasons games in a row now that the opposition keeper has gotten man of the match. :(

Try manual shooting?! (Yes Im pestering another person to play manual fifa:p) Unless ya dont already, it might be the solution to your problem as your in total control of every shot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Having awful trouble trying to get out of Division 6 is pro clubs. Winning first 3 games and then losing the rest or getting a draw to stay in it. Serious pain in the ass. Drawn near 40 games in the record.

Loving pro clubs this year though, the upgrades you can purchase in the EAS FC are pretty good, the more you level up the more is available.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Having awful trouble trying to get out of Division 6 is pro clubs. Winning first 3 games and then losing the rest or getting a draw to stay in it. Serious pain in the ass. Drawn near 40 games in the record.

Loving pro clubs this year though, the upgrades you can purchase in the EAS FC are pretty good, the more you level up the more is available.

I didn't even know of this >_<

We are in Division 6 ourselves and just missed out on promotion there. It really comes down to stats.. and if we come across an entirely ultra defensive , counter hoof, sorry, over the top passing dependent team. Fairly confident of making it into the Division 1 over time. But that's our issue this year, time. Trying to find hours amongst us where we can put in some serious Prob Club sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/clubs/391A0001/149519/members

Also division 6! Didn't get promoted at 1st try but need 1 win from 5 now to make it up. Playing vp keepers just wrecks my head though, the filter needs fixing ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gillington wrote: »
    Happened to me aswell with City,luckliy had it saved before I went into edit and will save it everytime just in case.Went onto the EA forums and theres a few people with the same problem

My player being transferred twice in the same window, can't edit my player and now the worst bug yet..... THE BALL IS NOW INVISIBLE!

I've tried reloading my save and it's the same, did anyone actually test career mode? it's a disaster. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I didn't even know of this >_<

We are in Division 6 ourselves and just missed out on promotion there. It really comes down to stats.. and if we come across an entirely ultra defensive , counter hoof, sorry, over the top passing dependent team. Fairly confident of making it into the Division 1 over time. But that's our issue this year, time. Trying to find hours amongst us where we can put in some serious Prob Club sessions.

They're not a major boost but the do bring your overall up +1 or 2.

About the over the top passing, I'm not going to say we don't do it, because we do, but a lot of on the floor passing build up to a cross is more so the way we play.

Biggest gripe has to be the referees this year, some of the fouls/offsides/general decision making is poor. I don't know if this is bothering anyone else, but its getting to me. Getting caught offside while being at least a yard or 2 on when clear on goal with good scoring oppurtunity.

Advertisement