Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

In division 5 at the moment on pro clubs l, finding it dificult to get promoted, we nearly got it last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

ShaneU wrote: »
    My player being transferred twice in the same window, can't edit my player and now the worst bug yet..... THE BALL IS NOW INVISIBLE!

I've tried reloading my save and it's the same, did anyone actually test career mode? it's a disaster. :mad:

Finished my first season on career mode and I get the message about contracts having to be renewed which I do. Start the new season and half the players who's contracts I renewed have left the club!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

They're not a major boost but the do bring your overall up +1 or 2.

About the over the top passing, I'm not going to say we don't do it, because we do, but a lot of on the floor passing build up to a cross is more so the way we play.

Biggest gripe has to be the referees this year, some of the fouls/offsides/general decision making is poor. I don't know if this is bothering anyone else, but its getting to me. Getting caught offside while being at least a yard or 2 on when clear on goal with good scoring oppurtunity.

Well I did say dependent. Sure, we do it ourselves occasionally but that's just it. Occasionally. I don't mind opposition individual players or Pro Clubs using it from time to time, but if you're team has better stats, more players thus more movement influencing the play, etc. There isn't much excuse for cowardly, ****house tactics from start to finish - ultra defensive, counter and L1 + triangle or whatever it is on the Xbox. It wasn't overly bad in FIFA 12 tbh, likewise FIFA 11 which gameplay wise with Pro Club had it near right. But in FIFA 13, all I've seen from the so called better teams (:pac:) is this football, and it's the main reason why we just missed out on promotion from Division 6 last night.

There is no learning or adapting to it since it's ingrained into the usual FIFA player mentality as it is very simple to do and more often than not, with great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Biggest gripe has to be the referees this year, some of the fouls/offsides/general decision making is poor. I don't know if this is bothering anyone else, but its getting to me. Getting caught offside while being at least a yard or 2 on when clear on goal with good scoring oppurtunity.

Same. I remember picking up the pre-release box for FIFA 13 and it said the refs would make better decisions which I was delighted about.

They are awful. Conceded two random penalties in the same season match last night, then I got booked for two standing tackles where my player won the ball. Add to that my winger gets chopped down with a slide tackle, no penalty.

Winning via a sh!t decision isn't rewarding. Losing due to one is quite frustrating. Why can't they just have refs that make proper decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Well I did say dependent. Sure, we do it ourselves occasionally but that's just it. Occasionally. I don't mind opposition individual players or Pro Clubs using it from time to time, but if you're team has better stats, more players thus more movement influencing the play, etc. There isn't much excuse for cowardly, ****house tactics from start to finish - ultra defensive, counter and L1 + triangle or whatever it is on the Xbox. It wasn't overly bad in FIFA 12 tbh, likewise FIFA 11 which gameplay wise with Pro Club had it near right. But in FIFA 13, all I've seen from the so called better teams (:pac:) is this football, and it's the main reason why we just missed out on promotion from Division 6 last night.

There is no learning or adapting to it since it's ingrained into the usual FIFA player mentality as it is very simple to do and more often than not, with great success.

Chances are we might have come up against your team last night. I'm with 'Tea and Spliffs' (*EDIT:Just noticing now you're on PSN). Very rarely in the last few days have we gotten more than a 1 goal lead in a win. Scraping 1-1 draws or losing 1/2-0 is the common theme at the moment.

Opponents often have 5ft2 forwards, and just catch on the break with the through-ball, f*cking annoying. Don't get me wrong I like to play a lofted through pass to a winger and let it build from there, but our players aren't bloody midgets, its ridiculous the speed of them.
    Rooney10 wrote: »
    Same. I remember picking up the pre-release box for FIFA 13 and it said the refs would make better decisions which I was delighted about.

They are awful. Conceded two random penalties in the same season match last night, then I got booked for two standing tackles where my player won the ball. Add to that my winger gets chopped down with a slide tackle, no penalty.

Winning via a sh!t decision isn't rewarding. Losing due to one is quite frustrating. Why can't they just have refs that make proper decisions?

Couldn't agree more here, have been through the exact same situations over the weekend. Once again in pro clubs we have been lifted out of it and there is no mention of a foul or 'play on', on the other hand, I get in a 50-50 standing challenge, win the ball clean in my opinion and concede a free kick and receive a yellow card for my troubles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    My player being transferred twice in the same window, can't edit my player and now the worst bug yet..... THE BALL IS NOW INVISIBLE!

I've tried reloading my save and it's the same, did anyone actually test career mode? it's a disaster. :mad:

Forgot to mention, according to the news flashes, my pro has made his debut for England about 15 times now. :rolleyes:

Started manager mode as Everton. For some reason Lille seem to have a sh!t load of the players who don't have clubs (Drogba, Quaresma, etc).

Bought Henry, Drogba, Beckham, Nesta. I tried to get Forlan and Ronaldinho but they recently moved. The average age is going to be about 47, but f*ck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Started manager mode as Everton. For some reason Lille seem to have a sh!t load of the players who don't have clubs (Drogba, Quaresma, etc).

Bought Henry, Drogba, Beckham, Nesta. I tried to get Forlan and Ronaldinho but they recently moved. The average age is going to be about 47, but f*ck it.

Sounds great :pac:

I've not really had any problems (yet) with the referees or anything.
    Some very harsh red cards but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sooo, there seems to be an awful lot of RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE in this thread, and I'm trying to decide whether to buy the game or not. I haven't bought a football game since PES6 so my apologies if I unconsciously tell you to get off my lawn at any point.

I would say hold off for another few weeks at least. I have never seen such a bug-ridden game in my life. I can't even play it at the moment (career mode is broken).

I don't who they employ in their QA team in EA sports, but they have just mugged millions of people with this joke of a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Just wondering if there's a boards league knocking about on the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭mossie

I haven't been able to play a seasons game for days, I keep getting a "connection to your opponent has been lost" message and son't even get to the training arena. When I do get there it's with players not from my chosen team and then it goes to the match and I get the connection lost message again. So frustrating:mad:

Just got to the arena now and stuck there for 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I brought huntelaar and robben :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can Alan McInally's score updates be turned off in career mode? He is annoying the hell out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

mossie wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play a seasons game for days, I keep getting a "connection to your opponent has been lost" message and son't even get to the training arena. When I do get there it's with players not from my chosen team and then it goes to the match and I get the connection lost message again. So frustrating:mad:

Just got to the arena now and stuck there for 5 minutes.

Me too. The online matches are completely screwed. They need to patch this asap.

Have they even acknowledged there;s an issue though?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Batesy wrote: »
    Me too. The online matches are completely screwed. They need to patch this asap.

Have they even acknowledged there;s an issue though?!?

Literally about fifty times on their Twitter page

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can Alan McInally's score updates be turned off in career mode? He is annoying the hell out of me

Not a bad idea but very poorly executed. He sounds so un-natural.

You'd think, that his job being popping in and describing a goal, he would be able to provide that service for a game without it sounding like he's doing a voice-over for a children's TV show. Terrible voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea but very poorly executed. He sounds so un-natural.

You'd think, that his job being popping in and describing a goal, he would be able to provide that service for a game without it sounding like he's doing a voice-over for a children's TV show. Terrible voice acting.

Drog-heee-dahh United

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thank god for the trading aspect in Ultimate Team. Otherwise I'd struggle to find anything I truly like about the game since release bar the addition of divisions into numerous online game modes, but even that leaves a sour taste after the removal of single online games in FUT and Pro Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

All my results in seasons are still duplicated i.e. when I play and win that counts as 2 games played and six points, similarily for draws and losses . Really messes up my stats, gonna give it a break till its fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

But you should buy Fifa second hand or rent it, it's throwing 50 quid down the drain buying it.. Career mode, pro clubs can only satisfy for so long, a lot of my friends have sold the game already

Don't agree with this, and the incredible size of the online community even when the game is 10-12 months old shows that I'm not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This wont turn it off, but pressing select or whatever the button is called on X box will switch it to another song and stops it

Yep. If you go to the last screen before you start a game, on the bottom of that menu there is a goal updates menu.

I think you can press Y/Triangle to disable them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yep. If you go to the last screen before you start a game, on the bottom of that menu there is a goal updates menu.

I think you can press Y/Triangle to disable them.

"And Manchester United have scored, over to Alan McAnally"

"Yes, goal for Manchester United, one nil".

Alan McAnally sounds like he can barely read tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

I think his reaction for the sendings off are the best, I laugh every time, but I give it a week before I turn him off all together!

Overall the commentary package is a big improvement, but it'll be a year or two by the time it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Anuone else playing Career Mode and you're still an International Debutant according to the news feed when youve already played about 10 times for your country?

Also if they can have club stats they should be able to have International stats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Anyone have some bug spray, their driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But you should buy Fifa second hand or rent it, it's throwing 50 quid down the drain buying it.. Career mode, pro clubs can only satisfy for so long, a lot of my friends have sold the game already

Don't agree with this, and the incredible size of the online community even when the game is 10-12 months old shows that I'm not the only one.

^^^ I don't agree with this, and the enormous size of the Internet even when 50% of bald people are men shows that I'm not the only one.

What don't you agree with? I suggested he buy it second hand or rent it as in my opinion the 'improvements' arn't worth paying 50+ quid for. You disagree with something and then don't give a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thank god for the trading aspect in Ultimate Team. Otherwise I'd struggle to find anything I truly like about the game since release bar the addition of divisions into numerous online game modes, but even that leaves a sour taste after the removal of single online games in FUT and Pro Club.

I bought you today for 1,500 coins

Bargain, I can get at least 3000 out of you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is there any lobbys in fifa where ya can go in and play 2v2 where you share the players not just one each or is it just pot luck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

^^^ I don't agree with this, and the enormous size of the Internet even when 50% of bald people are men shows that I'm not the only one.

What don't you agree with? I suggested he buy it second hand or rent it as in my opinion the 'improvements' arn't worth paying 50+ quid for. You disagree with something and then don't give a reason.

If you buy it 2nd hand or rent it you're only getting about 25% of the content as you'll have no online pass.

Advertisement