Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭mossie

Batesy wrote: »
    Me too. The online matches are completely screwed. They need to patch this asap.

Have they even acknowledged there;s an issue though?!?

Finally got to play 2 games last night after at least 50 attempts (this is not exaggeration), but it's very hit and miss as to whether or not it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

^^^ I don't agree with this, and the enormous size of the Internet even when 50% of bald people are men shows that I'm not the only one.

What don't you agree with? I suggested he buy it second hand or rent it as in my opinion the 'improvements' arn't worth paying 50+ quid for. You disagree with something and then don't give a reason.

There's huge longevity in Fifa, I was playing 12 right up until Fifa 13 came out and I'm sure it will be the same with this. The first touch and attacking intelligence updates make a big difference to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads,

I can only seem to score in fifa 13 either from a corner, cross&header or keeping the ball and relying on the odd through ball that pulls off. Any tips?

Also I get caught on the break so many times, I'm thinking of trying out 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 to help this but I think there is other ways of preventing this?

Didnt know whether to start a new thread or not so just posted it here.

yours,
    Not converted yet ex Pes2008 player,
    Trilla :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Trilla wrote: »
    Lads,

I can only seem to score in fifa 13 either from a corner, cross&header or keeping the ball and relying on the odd through ball that pulls off. Any tips?

Also I get caught on the break so many times, I'm thinking of trying out 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 to help this but I think there is other ways of preventing this?

Didnt know whether to start a new thread or not so just posted it here.

yours,
    Not converted yet ex Pes2008 player,
    Trilla :)

I'll give you 2 tips for your 2 probelms... But it's going to get you a few abusive messages for being a sweaty bastard, in other words if you have thick skin and don't mind being a bit of a slag to get better results, then try these:

To get more chances, you could try lofting through balls more. LB+Y seems to be the way in FIFA 13, send your forward on a run with LB, then as he is about to pass the defender aim a LB+Y in his direction. Pacey players are the most fruitful in this situation. Other than that? Work on skill moves and fake shots to beat a player, when you beat him another defender should be dragged out of position to come to you, in that case a One-Two with your nearest player should draw the man and set you into space, thats done by LB+A and then a return pass with either A or Y. (Im on Xbox so sorry if your PS3, just obviously change the buttons for yourself)

As for not getting countered? Try 5-2-1-2 and set yourself to "Defensive". When the game kicks off hit left on the D-Pad twice to go Defensive.

Now your really setup to play like a whore. I felt dirty even writing that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Skills moves don't seem to work as well as in FIFA 12, very hard to get by defenders using them now.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Skills moves don't seem to work as well as in FIFA 12, very hard to get by defenders using them now.

I find the simple skill moves work the best. The roulette, the stepover drag and the ball roll are far more effective than the Ronaldo chop and McGeady spin that these "skillers" just spam all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The roulette and ball roll are the handiest. Step-overs and the like are fairly pointless if the person you're playing is using contain defending because they just hold X and their leg is magnetised to the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

EA has announced an update for Fifa 13 and maintenance to fix issues.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-13-title-update-02

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I knew there was something else to say.

I've been playing career and downloaded my gameface and that. But it's never on my pro. Either in the menus or in game.

Also, got about 15 games online last night, made my way to division 9 and promptly got relegated back to division 10.
    3 games back in division 10, 9 points on the way back.
    I've never gotten above Division 6 online in any FIFA (yes I'm that bad!) and I often need goals like this one I scored last night to win games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

^^^ I don't agree with this, and the enormous size of the Internet even when 50% of bald people are men shows that I'm not the only one.

What don't you agree with? I suggested he buy it second hand or rent it as in my opinion the 'improvements' arn't worth paying 50+ quid for. You disagree with something and then don't give a reason.

I don't agree with the sentiment that it's only worth buying second hand or renting because the likes of career mode and pro clubs have limited reply value. The fact that it has one of the largest online communities still 10-12 months after its release each year shows that a hell of a lot of people find those modes to still be able to satisfy for a very long time.

Perhaps you and your mates have limited attention spans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Apologies if this has been covered.

90% when starting up FIFA13 (happened with FIFA12 as well) I get the message screen "Your in-game formation settings do not match those on the server. Would you like to keep the ones stored on the server or apply your offline ones?" (Not correct wording as I'm not at home but you get the point).

Any way to stop this from coming up does anyone know? It's not the greatest inconvenience ever but it's pissing me off, FIFA takes long enough to get started as it is.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone else encounters this problem? I get as far as kick off I seasons mode, but then I get a message saying I have different squad to my opponent and that the match is canceled. Anyone know how to rectify this?

frankled wrote: »

90% when starting up FIFA13 (happened with FIFA12 as well) I get the message screen "Your in-game formation settings do not match those on the server. Would you like to keep the ones stored on the server or apply your offline ones?" (Not correct wording as I'm not at home but you get the point).

Any way to stop this from coming up does anyone know? It's not the greatest inconvenience ever but it's pissing me off, FIFA takes long enough to get started as it is.

Thanks.
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone else encounters this problem? I get as far as kick off I seasons mode, but then I get a message saying I have different squad to my opponent and that the match is canceled. Anyone know how to rectify this?

Never heard of either of those problems. Your best bet would be the EA FIFA Forums, be warned, there are an incredible amount of idiots there.

What I do when I have a specific problem like that and I'm getting a message every time, is search google with the full sentence you're getting in between speachmarks to search for an exact quote match, and you'll find a forum where someone else had the issue and you'll probably get the answer.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Never heard of either of those problems. Your best bet would be the EA FIFA Forums, be warned, there are an incredible amount of idiots there.

What I do when I have a specific problem like that and I'm getting a message every time, is search google with the full sentence you're getting in between speachmarks to search for an exact quote match, and you'll find a forum where someone else had the issue and you'll probably get the answer.

Tried a quick search but when I'm home I'll try again. I was trying this thread as I expect the idiot-quota to be lower here! :) thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

anyone else think the ball bounces around alot more and harder to control? it seems to fumble off players and doesn't really stick. and you have to be very exact with the direction of your pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Tried a quick search but when I'm home I'll try again. I was trying this thread as I expect the idiot-quota to be lower here! :) thanks

You'd think that alright :pac:

Ah no, I always find here a good help :)

Where do I go to download the latest squads? That might fix my issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Thanks.

is it the hospitality settings message? if so just click on yes and dont change any game settings after that

is it the hospitality settings message? if so just click on yes and dont change any game settings after that

That's the one. You mean don't change my formations at all afterwards??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

i think it's more to do with game times, rules, etc for online play, is there not an in game option for hospitality settings in one of the menus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Servers down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

J. Marston wrote: »

Nope fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

J. Marston wrote: »

yes, just had a brilliant win and then says the servers unavailable. Hopefully itll be recorded as a win. Very annoying.

TheGunns wrote: »
    yes, just had a brilliant win and then says the servers unavailable. Hopefully itll be recorded as a win. Very annoying.

That happened to me about 15mins ago.
    Won 2-1 to a 90th min goal, was replying to his insult and it popped up :mad:
    Got a DNF notification when I went back into UT and a loss in my seasons so doubt that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

That happened to me about 15mins ago.
    Won 2-1 to a 90th min goal, was replying to his insult and it popped up :mad:
    Got a DNF notification when I went back into UT and a loss in my seasons so doubt that will change.
    Gone from bad to worse, the coins for my league position were not awarded to me either as the DNF on that match meant I could no longer get promoted so the points reset. Completely T'd off now. Was hard enough to get myself into that position and now its gone. Have to say Im loving the game and was looking past the flaws but this has really got to me. You think theyd extend live support later with the amount of problems with the game but it seems after 8 (not sure when support ends) you are left in the lurch if youre not in the US or Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

vader65 wrote: »
    anyone else think the ball bounces around alot more and harder to control? it seems to fumble off players and doesn't really stick. and you have to be very exact with the direction of your pass?

You do know that it's a well publicised feature of FIFA 13! Its now all about first touch control which is nice feature in my view as makes games unpredictable.

It all depends on the player receiving the ball i.e. the spanish national players you would not notice this happen as much, irish national players you will notice it alot more!

Just went to play a kick off, Liverpool vs Chelsea, and all the players have wrong names. This is an almighty cluster****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Seasons is so glitchy. Couldn't get a game last night cause kept getting the connection lost to opponent error. Constantly getting stuck in arena pre-game too.

Game has improved on the whole, don't like the dodgy first touches and dodgy shooting on first touch so far but just something ya have to get used to i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Just went to play a kick off, Liverpool vs Chelsea, and all the players have wrong names. This is an almighty cluster****.

Yeah i went to play as bayern, was david luiz in arena then in-game was chelsea before the connection was lost. Couldn't get a game last night cause of this issue and can't get a game on today either, some load of balls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lads would you say a headset is essential for everyone in a serious enough club ? I think it is and all my club mates seem to laugh it off and say Psn chat is fine .

Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is ?

Advertisement