Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Had my first go at a club game last night, is it normal to have idiots glory hunting or deliberately scoring own goals?.

I`m a terrible player, but at least i try my best...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Had my first go at a club game last night, is it normal to have idiots glory hunting or deliberately scoring own goals?.

I`m a terrible player, but at least i try my best...

Was it just a drop in game? You really need to join a club with your mates. The more seriously it's taken the better it is.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Was it just a drop in game? You really need to join a club with your mates. The more seriously it's taken the better it is.

Aye, a drop in match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Aye, a drop in match.

You'll get all sorts of fools in there, join the boards club or make one with your friends :)

You'll get all sorts of fools in there, join the boards club or make one with your friends :)

Would Boards accept a terrible, terrible, player?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I have done, and I will again (Xbox) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

yes they have me playing on there team :) the more the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Game just froze again when trying to open club in UT. Absolute farce, can't play one game without a freeze or a disconnection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Had a few issues getting games tonight. In one game I got matches with a team a whole star higher rated than mine. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So when is that patch coming out lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bleh. Just had one of those sessions in Pro Club where no matter what you did, you just were not going to score. Still won the majority of games which is the main thing for me, but even still, tad annoyed at myself :p

I'd say my overall rating is nowhere near the 8.9-9.1 it was the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stevetalk

anyone know how to turn off the guy in manager mode who announces the fixtures and results, its doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bleh. Just had one of those sessions in Pro Club where no matter what you did, you just were not going to score. Still won the majority of games which is the main thing for me, but even still, tad annoyed at myself :p

I'd say my overall rating is nowhere near the 8.9-9.1 it was the last few years.

Ratings seem more harsh this year tbh, I've had games with 1 goal/2 assists and vice versa and still been rated below 7. Other games been rated above 9 without any goals or assists as a CAM, is a bit wierd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

stevetalk wrote: »
    anyone know how to turn off the guy in manager mode who announces the fixtures and results, its doing my head in

You can't turn him off at all. You can shut him up temporarily by pressing the back up button (on the xbox) though. He's so annoying, I can't fathom how they thought that would be a good idea at all. Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can't turn him off at all. You can shut him up temporarily by pressing the back up button (on the xbox) though. He's so annoying, I can't fathom how they thought that would be a good idea at all. Stupid.

for the 1st couple of times its great, after that you want to kill him:D

And i agree with the lads about clubs, much tougher to get good ratings this year, and the points drop off so fast when you don't get the ball for awhile.

Harder to get your rating up too, i'm currently 80 in LM, and 82 up front.

i was 89 at this stage last year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Xbox Boards League signup closes at 6pm tomorrow - sticky at the top of forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Can someone please tell me how to cross to the near post. Every cross I hit goes right to the back post no matter how much power I give it. If its an out swinging cross it goes to he opposite corner of the box. So annoying!! I've played FIFA for years and never had trouble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

jonny666 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how to cross to the near post. Every cross I hit goes right to the back post no matter how much power I give it. If its an out swinging cross it goes to he opposite corner of the box. So annoying!! I've played FIFA for years and never had trouble!!

If you double tap square or the xbox equivalent it should go to the near post

LB & Y with a little bit of power works the odd time too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can someone give me a good reliable defensive tactic

No matter how many changes I make my defence always seems to either just stand on the half way line and let the other players L1 triangle me the whole game or just sit 10 yards from my goal and let the other player just pick out passes and score
    It's just frustrating at this stage, I've no problem scoring but the defending is terrible

My last game in UT I lost 7-3. 3-1 up at half time he changed his defending tactics and he absolutley hammered me, my forwards didn't touch the ball in the second half his players won it every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I think we all saw this coming:

We apologize for a delay in the FIFA 13 Title Update. A knock-on issue was detected in the patch planned for this weekend so it was held(c)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pack of numpties.

It wouldn't be Fifa without these "shenanigans"

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

stevetalk wrote: »

At first it was amusing but it's really doing my head in now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Anyone have the ''Trolling For Goals'' achievement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone have the ''Trolling For Goals'' achievement?

Yep .... But if your stuck just get a free kick at the edge of the box and unleash hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

anyone know if the patch will sort out some of the refs decisions... badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

anyone know if the patch will sort out some of the refs decisions... badly needed

This, for fúck sake. I don't like to think the AI is against me but Christ, some of the decisions are just outrageous.

A ball falls to my player on the edge of my box from a corner, the touch takes him inside the box, the opposing player does a standing tackle through the back of me, impossible for him to get the ball, my player trips and then the opposing player runs over my player on the ground, trips and gets a penalty. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I've mostly benefitted from dodgy decisions online so far - some bizarre penalties given...Was denied a penalty though when through 1v1 - player was being tugged back and eventually DRAGGED down in box. FK on edge of box! Nothing controversial against AI yet (I think!).

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Got a handball outside the box in an online game last night. I'd played a ball through to my striker but he couldn't reach it so the keeper rushed out, caught it but his momentum took him just outside the box. I saw it happen on FIFA 12 once so it's not exactly new but doesn't happen often.

Of course my free kick was woeful. Is anyone any good at them? I really need to find a guide to taking them and then put some practice in.

Advertisement