Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J. Marston wrote: »
    This, for fúck sake. I don't like to think the AI is against me but Christ, some of the decisions are just outrageous.

A ball falls to my player on the edge of my box from a corner, the touch takes him inside the box, the opposing player does a standing tackle through the back of me, impossible for him to get the ball, my player trips and then the opposing player runs over my player on the ground, trips and gets a penalty. Infuriating.

Yep, the dodgy penalties are pretty annoying. Lost twice in a row in div1 of UT on Saturday.

1-0, random penalty for something off the ball.
    2-1, random penalty when his striker fell over after the keeper saved his shot.

I don't use slide tackle or pressure inside the box unless it's absolutely last ditch, so there's not much I can do to stop the fouls from happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Im playing manager mode,I had 4 games in 7 days which I thought was absolutely stupid.Sun-League,Tue-League,Thurs-Europa,Sat-FA Cup.

Players were knackered and a few injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Got a handball outside the box in an online game last night. I'd played a ball through to my striker but he couldn't reach it so the keeper rushed out, caught it but his momentum took him just outside the box. I saw it happen on FIFA 12 once so it's not exactly new but doesn't happen often.

Of course my free kick was woeful. Is anyone any good at them? I really need to find a guide to taking them and then put some practice in.

The Skills Challenge section of the Free Kick Skill Game is great! Pick the player you take kicks with. Pretty confident I could nail any FK now....once the top corner has a cardboard box stuck to it........and I use Xabi Alonso.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    The Skills Challenge section of the Free Kick Skill Game is great! Pick the player you take kicks with. Pretty confident I could nail any FK now....once the top corner has a cardboard box stuck to it........and I use Xabi Alonso.

I'll give that a try!

Do you think it would be possible to score with a lower ranked player though? I play a broad spread of teams but my default side is 1.5 star rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is it possible to use your offline VP in manager mode?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is it possible to use your offline VP in manager mode?

No, they took that feature out! pretty crappy move.... i always used my pro in manager mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'll give that a try!

Do you think it would be possible to score with a lower ranked player though? I play a broad spread of teams but my default side is 1.5 star rated.

Ah yeah. You'll certainly learn the technique anyways - quite easy with Messi and co. :)

🤪

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

skill games are more auto controlled then anything else
    even when it says manual your player still seems to have a very good crack at shooting the target and im not that great
    specialy the free kicks my god i wouldnt come close to making any of them shots in a match where as in the skills game i can aim for the cross bar then go in if i wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

saiint wrote: »
    skill games are more auto controlled then anything else
    even when it says manual your player still seems to have a very good crack at shooting the target and im not that great
    specialy the free kicks my god i wouldnt come close to making any of them shots in a match where as in the skills game i can aim for the cross bar then go in if i wanted

Try the ground passing skill challenge. Defo not auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

-edit-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay problem here, whenever i create a custom formation for a team and save it, the next time i go into seasons and try to apply it its not there anymore. Any ideas on the reason?

Still no reply on this, anyone else been having the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'm sick of this game already, no motivation to keep playing unlike previous titles. First touch is brutal and I'm battering teams 13 or 14 shots to one and still getting beat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's nearly impossible to get a shot off against the CPU, they block everything :mad:

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It's nearly impossible to get a shot off against the CPU, they block everything :mad:

And if they don't one of your own gets in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

dan1895 wrote: »
    And if they don't one of your own gets in the way.

Yeah that too.
    I play with 3 attacking midfielders and would usually shoot a lot from outside but no joy with this game.
    What happens now is I usually pass it around the box looking for an opening that doesn't come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What a great game :)

*Disclaimer: The game isn't really that great, at least until they iron out the bugs. It's just that I felt the need the curb the hate because it's bringing everyone down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It's quite annoying that the ref blends in with the Bayern Munich away kit so well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Has anyone come across the problem where the ball has disappeared? Very annoying, and usually you have to forfeit, and then reload and then simulate the match.

That's the biggest problem I've come across and of course those matches where you have 70% possession, 17 shots, 14 on target, but still lose 1-0 to their ONLY shot on target. Seems worse than previous titles.

These games where you have 15 shots and the opposition have 1 and beat you... are these online or offline?

These games where you have 15 shots and the opposition have 1 and beat you... are these online or offline?

Offline in career mode. Glad its not only me though.

• Advertisement

Check out this for some skewed stats! (i'm the away team!)

Quite annoying

[IMG][/img]IMG_20121002_004450.jpg

One shot on target and they scored twice??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Own goal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I don't think headers count as a shot on target (could be wrong) or it could have gone in off the post. Still, though, very frustrating (it's happened to me on too many occasions).

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

I find the gk will save a lot of your shots when your use the placed shot (not as easy to score as in Fifa 12). Put your laces through the ball and you'll score a lot more directly or from the gk parrying the ball back into a dangerous area :confused:

jamescd wrote: »
    Own goal ?

Aye, twas a stupid own goal! the keeper parried the ball into my path and i couldn't do anything but run it into the goal like a Carragher or a Dunne.

In that game i hit the bar and post 4 times too (they don't count as shots on target!)

That's because they're not on target!

Pens don't count as shots on targets either so I've had that situation before where there are more goals than shots on target as well.

That's because they're not on target!

Aye, i know, i was merely emphasizing my domination of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Anyone find that when a rebound shooting chance comes up on the edge of the box i.e. either you knock it down or it ping pongs into a strikers run path, that 90% of the time it wallops off the post.

The player usually catches it perfectly as well, but it just seems to always be that little bit off going in.

• Advertisement

Anyone find that when a rebound shooting chance comes up on the edge of the box i.e. either you knock it down or it ping pongs into a strikers run path, that 90% of the time it wallops off the post.

The player usually catches it perfectly as well, but it just seems to always be that little bit off going in.

Yep, hitting the woodwork a ridiculous amount.
    Incidently I restarted the whole game again deleting all progress from memory and changed the half length from 4 to 6 mins and the games I've played since seem to be a bit more balanced although I'm still dominating and it seems a little easier to score. Or maybe I've just realised how to play since ranting earlier.

Advertisement