Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Never have I worked harder for a win

jIJBrNZRJFihS.jpg

Also, gotta love the physics in Fifa

51652.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Professional is too easy & world class is too hard. I was playing Legendary on Fifa 12 but it literally seems like the CPU just score whenever they want to/need to.
    Very annoying this year, takes longer to shoot, the defenders just close you down quicker and block every shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Check out this for some skewed stats! (i'm the away team!)

I have that same situation all the time. Slowly getting better at converting the chances though, so it's happening a bit less than before, but I've lost a good few games that I dominated possession, shots, but ended up losing 1-0 to his solitary shot on target.

I wonder how it's possible sometimes. As in, if you are restricting the opposition to so few chances you probably have a fairly tight defense, so how are the chances that you do cough up so seemingly clear cut that you nearly always concede when they shoot? Or are people just really great at finishing that they need less chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Rooney10 wrote: »

I wonder how it's possible sometimes. As in, if you are restricting the opposition to so few chances you probably have a fairly tight defense, so how are the chances that you do cough up so seemingly clear cut that you nearly always concede when they shoot? Or are people just really great at finishing that they need less chances?

I sometimes think that it's the CPU trying to stop cricket-type scorelines. Well, I used to think that, but every year it's the same thing. I wonder when they're testing it do they never, ever come across it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I've won a good few games where my opponent has had far more shots than me. My shots are generally inside the box though while most people I play against are constantly trying 20/30 yard hoofs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

eioneill wrote: »
    I find the gk will save a lot of your shots when your use the placed shot (not as easy to score as in Fifa 12). Put your laces through the ball and you'll score a lot more directly or from the gk parrying the ball back into a dangerous area :confused:

This.

Finesse shot is wayyyyy too hard especially the lesser the player,I'd say 1/4 of the goals ive scored this season are GK parrying it out to another player(Which im not complaining about just yet as long as theyre going in!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Career manager has Javi Hernandez and Edison Cavani on the bench and decides to play Nuri Sahin as lone striker, I then get a black screen and have to turn the console off, this game is seriously broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

I'm sick of it now, I'm saving a few euro for PES and for now going back to FIFA 12, There is so much wrong with this game and I'm not just talking about in match gameplay, large parts of it simply do not work. For example in Creation Centre I paid for upgrades to download more created teams/players/tournaments and then they stopped working after a few days telling me i'm over my download limit (I'm not) and that I need to upgrade to use the teams I've downloaded. My online pass doesn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

dhmusic wrote: »
    I'm sick of it now, I'm saving a few euro for PES and for now going back to FIFA 12, There is so much wrong with this game and I'm not just talking about in match gameplay, large parts of it simply do not work. For example in Creation Centre I paid for upgrades to download more created teams/players/tournaments and then they stopped working after a few days telling me i'm over my download limit (I'm not) and that I need to upgrade to use the teams I've downloaded. My online pass doesn't work either.

I didn't buy any extras but I have found that when I try to go online it wont let me...I haven't enetered my online pass anywhere though....where do I enter this code in (newbie question I know but I'm coming over from PES)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

When you load the game, presuming that you're connected to the internet, the game should search for an online pass and prompt you for one if you've not already entered it. If you try to acces online portion of the game without having entered your online pass again it should prompt you for that then.

Last night the game wasn't recognising my online pass and was telling me there was some error or other. But I rebooted and it was fine.

The game is buggy as hell but then so was FIFA 12. I stopped playing that for months around this time last year because of how buggy it was. When I eventually gave the game enough chance I deleted all the save data, profile info, etc which were saved on my PS3 and to be fair that cleared up most of the issues I was having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I am in mixed mind whether I like it or not. I like the idea of the Skills Arena, but still think that the passing is not quite there. I see that they wanted to make it more realistic i.e. not always wanting the ball to go straight from player to player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I quite like the passing, but I don't know whether that's because I've moved from 'assisted' to 'semi-assisted' passing this year.

I never now get the issue I used to hate which was passing to a completely different player to the one that I wanted to pass to. I do find that my passes get intercepted more than before but they tend to be passes which I would expect in real life to be intercepted and which I'm going for because the last few games the opposition players wouldn't have been quick enough to move to block them.

I'm not too keen on the shooting and goalkeeping though. Seem to see a lot of goals trickling into the corner and a lot of shots being palmed out to onrushing strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

Such a frustrating game. I think Fifa is like a bad addiction. I continue to play it and rarely ever get enjoyment from it. Especially online anyway. The only time I can say I'm enjoying it is when the lads come over and we play fifa and have a few beers. Other than that the game just makes me wanna pull my hair out! Used to be a PES man and seriously tempted to go back to it.

I know exactly what you mean, very close to throwing the disc out the window at this point, don't know why I'm still playing it.

There seem to some games where the defenders have super hero reflexes and block every shot, and the goalkeeper pulls off 4 or 5 wonder saves, fed up really. Most annoying thing they've added though, is how defenders can tug on your shirt for a second and force you to knock the ball ahead of you, and they NEVER get punished for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I bought the ''Scout future star'' thing in the EAS FC for 3000 credits but it isn't in my career mode, anyone know why?

Everything else that I've bought in the store has a tick beside it but the scout thing has a green number 1 beside it. Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So they've managed to make defensive AI worse which I didn't think possible. Players still make no effort to stay with the Ronaldos and Ibras of this world and would rather trot around no mans land instead.

Still allowing auto one touch passing is also ridiculous. I know you can search for manual players but I very rarely get a game like that.

Still no way to shield the ball and defenders can still go through players and cleanly get the ball, not to the same extent of last year but when attackers are able to get the ball off defenders so easily it leads to a big problem imo.

As usual with Fifa they fix some things and break others I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Game update now on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think the game will be good with this patch, is badly badly needed though. Any word on ps3?

Is it possible to save formations permanently? I made a formation in career mode, saved it and when I came back later I had to make it again as it had disappeared. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is it possible to save formations permanently? I made a formation in career mode, saved it and when I came back later I had to make it again as it had disappeared. Annoying.

You should be able to, I had a formation saved from '12 which is in this one so in sure someone will be able to explain how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yeah, I've had the same problem. Everytime I download squad updates, my custom formations/ tactics get deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just downloaded the patch, still freezes. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

Why did I download this patch? More freezes, bugs and fúckery than ever now.

EA are pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

This game is as frustrating as fcuk..

You play online in a tourament and it says "searching for some one with the same star level with you" yet they pair you up with a 5 star team and your a 4 star team. Very fair alright.

Then you play against some little cnut who alls they want to do when they go 1-0 up is pass the ball around their back 4. would make you not want to play online any more..

Previous two games were thoroughly enjoyable playing against lads who wanted to play the game. one game was 4-4 at Half time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lol played an online cup game as Derry City .... matched me with Chelsea :(

The CPU get away with murder in terms of fouls.

It's not paranoia...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Has anyone noticed sometimes when you change to your defenders to track runs they hit a little bit of a wall and get dragged towards the ball instead even when they arent near it?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Starting to get to grips with Pro Club this year :)

Now in Division 4, and we still haven't played anywhere near our very best that saw us as one of the best clubs in GB and I for awhile in the last two years of FIFA. So that's encouraging.

Three times today where I've pressed pause in the middle of a match in career mode and it has frozen. This is after the patch, unreal.

Some bunch of cowboys at EA.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Three times today where I've pressed pause in the middle of a match in career mode and it has frozen. This is after the patch, unreal.

Some bunch of cowboys at EA.
    That's happened to me a few times too

Advertisement