Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

How do you set up a Online league on the PS3 on Fifa 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »
    Three times today where I've pressed pause in the middle of a match in career mode and it has frozen. This is after the patch, unreal.

Some bunch of cowboys at EA.

Make that four times...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

this game really is a joke at times, sick of playing bayern Munich online. 10 men behind the ball, might as well be pissing against the wind trying to break them down. Ribery and robben are like usain bolt on crack.
    as much as this game wants to be, it will never capture the joy that was pes 4 to 6.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

this game really is a joke at times, sick of playing bayern Munich online. 10 men behind the ball, might as well be pissing against the wind trying to break them down. Ribery and robben are like usain bolt on crack.
    as much as this game wants to be, it will never capture the joy that was pes 4 to 6.
    I don't think those titles will ever be matched

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Think ill be trading in this tomorrow while I can still get a good bit of credit against it. In division 1 on seasons and UT (dont play single player) and its the same old ultra defensive then counter attack to pace abusing forwards, LB + Y EVERY GAME. Fifa 12 was much more enjoyable online IMO. Its gone back to this LB + Y crap from a few years ago.

Not to mention the game reeks of scripting and momentum (games where you just know you will loose, as nothing will go your way or shots wont go in the net).
    Also the community is terrible. People doing really long celebrations, passing around defence for ages doing skills while 1 goal up. The game just raises your blood pressure and isn't fun to play anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

pressure spammers do my head in!!! those custom tactics really shouldnt be in ultimate team I think

Why doesnt stamina play a bigger factor in it? Every chance you get on the ball theres 3 players running at you, and they always intercept your passes or make perfect tackles. Really not like the online this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's custom tactics in UT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

i reali hate time wasters and gobs**ites in this game was playing a lad in division 8 and i scored quickly on em before the 40th min. as i type this hes kicking the ball into his own net. watching every replay and drag out the time on kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

i reali hate time wasters and gobs**ites in this game was playing a lad in division 8 and i scored quickly on em before the 40th min. as i type this hes kicking the ball into his own net. watching every replay and drag out the time on kick off.

I hope when this type of idiot gets to old age and looks back on life searching for some nostalgic vibes that he remembers the undoubtedly countless times where he wasted precious minutes of his life being a complete bell end on a game just because he was crap at it. And then I hope they weep incessantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Me and my housemate been doing career together. We were 3 games from the end of the season, last time we played was Thursday.

Just went to load the career (whenever we arent both here, we have seperate careers for ourselves)... The last week of saved games have just deleted, we are all the way back in January instead of end of April!!

Totally ruined the excitement of our final run in, due to being 2 points behind City with a game in hand! Has this happened for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tinie wrote: »
    Think ill be trading in this tomorrow while I can still get a good bit of credit against it. In division 1 on seasons and UT (dont play single player) and its the same old ultra defensive then counter attack to pace abusing forwards, LB + Y EVERY GAME. Fifa 12 was much more enjoyable online IMO. Its gone back to this LB + Y crap from a few years ago.

Not to mention the game reeks of scripting and momentum (games where you just know you will loose, as nothing will go your way or shots wont go in the net).
    Also the community is terrible. People doing really long celebrations, passing around defence for ages doing skills while 1 goal up. The game just raises your blood pressure and isn't fun to play anymore.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

On a more positive note, I usually play with a 1.5 star team but when I play with a 5 star team I've not once been matches with Madrid and only once been matched with Barcelona. It's been a good spread of sides, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

At the champions league final in manager mode at the mo, no mater if I try and play match or sim it, it immediately freezes after an option is chosen. Cannot seem to get past this. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'm pretty sure it is now down to a save filed being corrupted in some way now :( Which will mean deleting the saved file to resolve! Damn you Fifa 13!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Thecon21 wrote: »
    At the champions league final in manager mode at the mo, no mater if I try and play match or sim it, it immediately freezes after an option is chosen. Cannot seem to get past this. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'm pretty sure it is now down to a save filed being corrupted in some way now :( Which will mean deleting the saved file to resolve! Damn you Fifa 13!

Can't say I've had any of the problems mentioned in here. For me the final was being considered as the start of the next season so it took a while for everything to simulate before the match would start. I must be one of the few who is not getting any freezing or glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Does anyone have any tips for levelling up quickly? I'm level 7 now and it seems to be creeping along while all my ps3 friends are miles ahead (in fairness i don't have as much time to play it as them but still :-) )

Were your friends playing last year as well? Because FIFA 13 took my FIFA 12 ranking and just carried on from that. So if they're in the 20s or higher that's probably what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Thats exactly what it is Beefy78 i never use to play fifa by myself so always played in mates house (didnt have decent broadband until this year) ah well just need to play more games so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

jones wrote: »
    Thats exactly what it is Beefy78 i never use to play fifa by myself so always played in mates house (didnt have decent broadband until this year) ah well just need to play more games so.

The EASFC Challenges are a good way to get quick XP, the higher the difficulty the more XP, but you can get 600/700 for only playing a 2nd half in most cases. These can be found when you press X (square on ps3) on the main menu and bring up the menu with catalouge, leaderboards and challenges.

The only other way is to play matches and do skill games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Is there no PS3 tournaments or leagues between posters on here? It's been about 4 years since I've played consoles (still class at FIFA though!). Has the majority switched over to Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

How ****ing hard can it be to get proper servers!? :mad:

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Is there no PS3 tournaments or leagues between posters on here? It's been about 4 years since I've played consoles (still class at FIFA though!). Has the majority switched over to Xbox?

There's been a few here and there. They've not tended to stick like the Xbox lads have managed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zooprune

Lads,
    A quick question.(and apologies if this has been asked already)
    Have had the last 5 iterations of Fifa on PS3, and have played them with no probs.
    Am debating about purchasing Fifa13 but am being put off by the avalanche of negative reviews/comments both here and on Amazon. Can't believe things are really that bad?
    Basically what I wanna know is, If I play mostly off line, is Fifa 13 now stable?
    Is it still better than PES?
    Is it worth buying, or am I better off sticking with 12?

Cheers in advance for any comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

zooprune wrote: »
    Lads,
    Have had the last 5 iterations of Fifa on PS3, and have played them with no probs.
    Am debating about purchasing Fifa13 but am being put off by the avalanche of negative reviews/comments both here and on Amazon. Can't believe things are really that bad?
    Basically what I wanna know is, If I play mostly off line, is Fifa 13 now stable?

I play mostly offline and I havent had ANY problems....I am really enjoying the couple of games I play aswell.

One thing I don't like is if I am playing an obviously lower class of team, my wingers cannot outrun ANY defender

I play mostly offline and I havent had ANY problems....I am really enjoying the couple of games I play aswell.

One thing I don't like is if I am playing an obviously lower class of team, my wingers cannot outrun ANY defender
    Cheers, just what I wanted to hear :)
    Have you had any problems with the Career mode offline at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I started a career but didn't spend too long on it - however for the time I was in it I found no issues...maybe they arise if you get further into it?

I am just doing a tournament now (Premier League)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I've had two separate career modes freeze at the beginning of the second season, both on the 1st August 2013. One before the patch and one after. It's an absolute disaster and seems even worse since the patch

Thats whats I've been reading in a lot of the forums and games sites.
    Thought it might have been something limited to online play, but from the sounds of it looks like the offline part is kiboshed as well :(
    Might hold off buying for a while and see if they release another patch.
    Are you on Xbox or PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I've had no problems with career so far in offline mode. Half way through second season and (touch wood) no problems yet. Bar poxy injuries to my player at crucial times (transfer windows and cup finals!)

nicklauski wrote: »
    I've had no problems with career so far in offline mode. Half way through second season and (touch wood) no problems yet. Bar poxy injuries to my player at crucial times (transfer windows and cup finals!)

Cheers,
    Thats good to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads,

I'm in my 3rd season of career mode and have had no problems. Well, I had one issue with contract renewals but it's sorted now.

The thing with places like here and Amazon, is that they are more of a place to vent frustration, so you only read the bad things. I've bought FIFA every year since 06 and have NEVER played more than 2 seasons of career without being bored, as I said earlier I am now in my 3rd season after around a month. I think the offline in FIFA is better than ever.

Advertisement