Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Playing a career mode with Portsmouth and my midfielder Conor Clifford has just announced that he can't adopt to the culture and living so far away from Ireland. Well if Sligo or St Pats can come up with million or so he's gone :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Playing a career mode with Portsmouth and my midfielder Conor Clifford has just announced that he can't adopt to the culture and living so far away from Ireland. Well if Sligo or St Pats can come up with million or so he's gone :pac:

Clifford isn't in my game. Was gonna call him up for Ireland but he was no where to be seen.

Also just got the invisible ball glitch in career mode :( Anyone know if this goes after a while or am I stuck with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Clifford isn't in my game. Was gonna call him up for Ireland but he was no where to be seen.

Also just got the invisible ball glitch in career mode :( Anyone know if this goes after a while or am I stuck with it?

Just change the match ball to something other than default in the Game Settings before a match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Got this today too. Luckily it was just a pre season friendly but annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tried seasons 4 times tonight. Got stuck in arena once, ps3 froze 3 times. Complete joke really, don't understand how games companies get away with selling broken games. Not fit for purpose. Should be able to get your money back tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Just had a match in seasons where the ball was invisible. Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Cjayses wrote: »

Had this two games running offline vs my 10yr old ...... he thought it was hilarious right enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Same here, first evening off from work in a while, decided to play some seasons, and no ball!!!
    Custom matches are ok, only problem in the Seasons....

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

What's the story with the "World XI"? Surely Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and Xavi would make a team of the supposed best players in the world? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I played a match around the same time with no ball as well..

I stuck it out and got the win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

RVD420 wrote: »
    What's the story with the "World XI"? Surely Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and Xavi would make a team of the supposed best players in the world? :confused:

It was worse last year! Very strange selections though. Pretty sure my mother could name a handful of the obvious ones yet they're nowhere to be seen.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Having an awful time finding matches in Seasons - Opponent found then lost...connection lost before intro screens...and endless searching!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Having an awful time finding matches in Seasons - Opponent found then lost...connection lost before intro screens...and endless searching!

I tried six times this morning to play games in seasons. Three times I got kit clashes and one time the game got stuck on the warm-up bit. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What NAT types do you have?

I get the game freezing in the arena, but I never have problems finding games.

An awful amount of glitches though, when controlling the goalie you can catch the ball when its about 5 yards from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I've never got the invisible ball glitch before but I've now got it in my last 4 or 5 matches. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I've never got the invisible ball glitch before but I've now got it in my last 4 or 5 matches. :(

I was having this problem until I took this poster's advice:
    SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Just change the match ball to something other than default in the Game Settings before a match

Hasn't been an issue at all since I changed the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I got the invisible ball glitch once in seasons. Strangely, they guy I was playing seemed happy to play on with it. He tipped off and then it was a mad dash for me to win the ball before the 5 minute mark so I could quit, which I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

J. Marston wrote: »
    I got the invisible ball glitch once in seasons. Strangely, they guy I was playing seemed happy to play on with it. He tipped off and then it was a mad dash for me to win the ball before the 5 minute mark so I could quit, which I did.

The invisible ball glitch doesn't happen for both people in a match. I had a match earlier and I could see the ball but my opponent couldn't. Similarly, it happened me loads of times and it was fine for the people I was playing against.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/140811579
    best assist ever in pro clubs?? :P thats me being "injured" in the box haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

niallith wrote: »
    http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/140811579
    best assist ever in pro clubs?? :P thats me being "injured" in the box haha

Has to be offside surely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Quick question, is it possible in this iteration to change the difficulty in Career mode after you've started?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Quick question, is it possible in this iteration to change the difficulty in Career mode after you've started?

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but I've changed mine since I started career. I was on 'world class', but got very bored with the whole complete domination, but apparent scripted football matches (ie, losing matches when you really should be winning). I switched to legendary, and while far more difficult, the matches are more realistic and once I started getting goals, it's just a far more enjoyable experience. If you're switching down a couple of levels, it warns you that you can't submit your results to some online thing, but I don't have a very good internet connection, so it doesn't bother me (and you're not warned if you go up a level).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Why the f@ck can't I play online?!!? :mad:

Since when is this poxy code needed to have an aul friendly online game?

Some sh@t along the lines "You cannot use the online code..." or something like that? I bought the game brand new so no one has used it other than me.

I thought I fixed the issue when I went onto the PSN and redeemed my code, it downloaded and installed something and I thought that would be that...but no, still can get on

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but I've changed mine since I started career. I was on 'world class', but got very bored with the whole complete domination, but apparent scripted football matches (ie, losing matches when you really should be winning). I switched to legendary, and while far more difficult, the matches are more realistic and once I started getting goals, it's just a far more enjoyable experience. If you're switching down a couple of levels, it warns you that you can't submit your results to some online thing, but I don't have a very good internet connection, so it doesn't bother me (and you're not warned if you go up a level).

This happens in real football by the way.

Could you imagine Bayern Munich coming off the pitch at full time after the Champions League final in May and saying "****ing scripting! This is a joke! I'm so done with football, I hate UEFA!"

All I'm reading on these forums lately are "OMG Scripting!" It's a bloody video game lads, your not going to win every game you think you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but I've changed mine since I started career.

Yeah for example I want to know if I start on World Class can I switch up to Legendary or down to Professional without losing my progress so far and having to start the season all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

I thought I fixed the issue when I went onto the PSN and redeemed my code, it downloaded and installed something and I thought that would be that...but no, still can get on

:confused:

Happened to me before aswell. Go back into PS store and there's an icon top right of the screen (view downloads, I think). Download the EA pass again and it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Just change the difficulty before a a match? Also in Game settings on the menu where you save it, there should be a bit that allows you to permanently change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Has to be offside surely!

Do you know the rules of football? :confused: If the ball is played back he's onside.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah for example I want to know if I start on World Class can I switch up to Legendary or down to Professional without losing my progress so far and having to start the season all over again.

I believe you can go down one level without it affecting your online records, or whatever. You can definitely go up. As far as I know, you can do whatever you want if you don't care about your online records thingy.
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This happens in real football by the way.

Could you imagine Bayern Munich coming off the pitch at full time after the Champions League final in May and saying "****ing scripting! This is a joke! I'm so done with football, I hate UEFA!"

All I'm reading on these forums lately are "OMG Scripting!" It's a bloody video game lads, your not going to win every game you think you should.

I realise that, and would have no problem with the occasional game happening like that. But 5 or 10 in a row? That would suggest an issue. And just to be clear, I'd have no problem if the other team were actually dominant, but it's never like that. For example, playing as Stevenage against Man City on World Class, I had 70% possession, something like 7 shots on target, but they won by their one shot on target. It's just unrealistic. I was expecting to lose that match, and would have had no problem had they actually been the better team. Having said that, switching to legendary has made a difference. I played Man U and lost 2-0 but they were clearly the better team, with better possession and far more shots on target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The great thing about football is that it's one sport where you don't have to be the better team on the day to win.

Advertisement