Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in Wexford

Options
  • 07-05-2012 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey everyone, 22 female here born and bred in Wex. So was just wondering whats the best way of meeting new people in Wexford male and female. Most of my close friends are after leaving and I am looking to get to know new people. Not really good at sports so joining sports clubs probably wouldn't be the best thing. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Aside from the obvious one, go pubbing, maybe try a non-sport voluntary organisation like the Order of Malta (disclaimer; I'm involved with them so can help you out there) or Civil Defence maybe, or similar. Is there a hobby club that interests you about? If you think you might be into drama, the Oyster Lane Theatre Company, Wexford Light Opera, Wexford Drama Group and Wexford Pantomime Society (I can help with contacts for all of these) encourage new members. You don't have to go on stage they have backstage roles as well. As do the Wexford Festival Opera who are always looking for volunteers (I can guide you in the right direction there, too). Just a few suggestions.

Any more for any more lads and lassies? There's loads of stuff I haven't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Photography club?

Or are you a musician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

Wexford can be a tough place to get to know people, I'd second the voluntary group, or maybe one of the walking groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Donelson wrote: »
    Wexford can be a tough place to get to know people, I'd second the voluntary group, or maybe one of the walking groups.

+1 I moved back a while ago and it is hard to meet people. I still don't know that many!!

Same here by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dinkie wrote: »
    +1 I moved back a while ago and it is hard to meet people. I still don't know that many!!
    klong wrote: »
    Same here by the way!

Y'all get together perhaps for a lemonade and a chat? Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Any of ye in the south of the county?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

it's hard to make friends from stranger type of relationship..

I'm a believer or making friends of friend where the opportunity exist..

Can your existing friends introduce another friend from their circle that you haven't met or known prior?

just a suggestion.. good luck

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Some of us have been away for a while, I found that when i returned to wexford last year all of my friends had moved away.

Also I don't particularly enjoy the pub scene as its expensive and you are usually dependant on others for transportation

There's some great restaurants in town, if we got a group of maybe six or more we could book a big table. If would be like come dine with me, except in somebody else house!

• Advertisement

Sounds like a great idea

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea

Cool :) a few more and were up and running! it will be good crac!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

Cool cool! Ok I'll look around town this weekend and come back with some ideas.
    What sort of foods do you guys like?
    Would you guys be open to a weekend lunch/ early evening?

Cool cool! Ok I'll look around town this weekend and come back with some ideas.
    What sort of foods do you guys like?
    Would you guys be open to a weekend lunch/ early evening?

Good to see someone taking the initiative! Evening would suit moi

• Registered Users Posts: 7 georga

Im also interested in meeting up...who or where do I contact??:)

georga wrote: »
    Im also interested in meeting up...who or where do I contact??:)

Sure keep an eye on this thread :), and let me know what dates/times suit, and I'll cobble something together. (we have one vote for evenings so far)

So I'm going to suggest the Potato market some reviews here on trip adviser.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186643-d2256099-Reviews-The_Potato_Market-Wexford_County_Wexford.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 georga

Evening would probably best suit me aswell
    Potato market seems grand....:)

Evening is good for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    Y'all get together perhaps for a lemonade and a chat? Why not?

You're all welcome !:D

Enjoy yourselves !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭me m

ah the potatoe market..shame its not for breakfast or i would have made an appearance :).

Whats the ages and genders of the people going? I suppose if there were enough going it wouldnt be too awkward at all :rolleyes:

me m wrote: »
    ah the potatoe market..shame its not for breakfast or i would have made an appearance :).

Whats the ages and genders of the people going? I suppose if there were enough going it wouldnt be too awkward at all :rolleyes:

Ah it won't be awkward, I'll just bladder on if need be :)

I'm the big 30, but I don't think it matters much! It's only a bite to eat.

Anyway got a little bit of bad news today and this thread has already cheered me up!

So what about a thursday or friday around 7?

Friday/Saturday work better for me

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Friday/Saturday work better for me
    Cool!

So if we say friday the 25th at 7pm in the potato market, how many peoples would we get ?

I'm up for it

At the moment...I am too

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

So how did your date go guys>??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

So how did your date go guys>??
    Just came back from it in my DeLorean. It went great.

Just found out I can't make friday, campaign meeting commitment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 deeros

I wish I had stumbled upon this post earlier. I would love to meet some people in Wexford, moved back last month and finding it hard to meet people.

Advertisement