Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in Wexford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Im sure so thing else will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

So dod many people turn up? I would also recommend joining a vol organisation. Order of Malta is gr8 1 in wex (member also) but others like SVP etc are good to get involved with. If your livin a bit outside town Macra na feirme is a good 1. Theres plenty of farmers & non farmers in it & generally organise good social events. Very suited towards young people. Some areas are more organised than others so I suggest looking at different 1s before committing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

So if we say friday the 25th at 7pm in the potato market
    So how did your date go guys>??
    I wish I had stumbled upon this post earlier.
    So dod many people turn up? ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Sully wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards.ie. An online discussion forum. I see your struggling a bit to get the hang of things there, so just a tip - you need to post something constructive to engage with the Boards Community. ;)

I thought Chevron's post was a valid contribution he was pointing out where a poster was enquiring how an event went, when it had yet to take place. The poster wished he had seen it in time to attend. No further comment was needed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

oldyouth wrote: »
    I thought Chevron's post was a valid contribution he was pointing out where a poster was enquiring how an event went, when it had yet to take place. The poster wished he had seen it in time to attend. No further comment was needed

You know, its taken me a few times reading to get that. My bad. Sorry Chev!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

Sorry my mistake, So how did it go last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 georga

Hey...I missed the last meet up there...are ye planning any nights out/evenings any time in the near future? :)

I dunno, but if ya want to meet some local you could try a CAHWT meeting, there's one in castle bridge on Monday night and one in Rosslare harbor on wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

georga wrote: »
    Hey...I missed the last meet up there...are ye planning any nights out/evenings any time in the near future? :)

what part of wexford do you live in?

Live near New ross area....is there a group still meeting regularly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

bump!

Maybe a new try?

Hi is it still happening then? If so, let me know what plan is, thanks ! :D

the CAHWT are having a fundraising gig in
    the sky and the ground
    on october 12th
    at 8.30

should be a laugh, I can get the lineup if anyone is interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    the CAHWT are having a fundraising gig in
    the sky and the ground
    on october 12th
    at 8.30

should be a laugh, I can get the lineup if anyone is interested

Seriously the cahwt having a fundraiser, I thought they had disappeared into oblivion, what are they trying to raise funds for?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

hi :) i would also be interested in a meetup i live in the enniscorthy area been living here since august and am struggling to meet new people. Thanks :-D

donalg1 wrote: »
    Seriously the cahwt having a fundraiser, I thought they had disappeared into oblivion, what are they trying to raise funds for?
    well raising awareness is equally as important as raising funds, as you have clearly demonstrated, You may be aware that the first round of threatening letters finaly arrived last week.

The unfair and unjust tax hasnt disappeared into oblivion, so neither shal we.

anyway twas a great craic, only marred by Irelands thumping by the Germans earlier in the evening.

back on topic, anyone got any Ideas about interesting stuff coming up inthenear future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Fireworks for Opera Festival opening?

Pints, fireworks and maybe a Singingpub, could be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roswex09

I am single and in my late 40s and all my friends have partners. I feel it very hard to make new friends. I would be interested in hearing of any suggestions on groups, meet ups etc in Wexford area with people in a similiar situation. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Hi,

I am originally from North Wicklow but have been living down in Wexford now about 6 years. I am married and in my early 30s.
    Like some of you, I find it hard to make new friends as most of my friends have either emigrated or are in Dublin!. I am also the shy type which doesn't help either! lol Would like to make some new local friends, might be interested in a local get-together if any of you have any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

Sapphire3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am originally from North Wicklow but have been living down in Wexford now about 6 years. I am married and in my early 30s.
    Like some of you, I find it hard to make new friends as most of my friends have either emigrated or are in Dublin!. I am also the shy type which doesn't help either! lol Would like to make some new local friends, might be interested in a local get-together if any of you have any ideas?

sounds like a good idea to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MsMaarple

Hi,

I don't know whether this is a living forum or not...I have the same problem as you guys, I moved to Blackwater last October but I still don't know anybody to have a chat with. Plus: I am a 30 y.o. woman from Hungary, I don't like sports, I am a bit shy, and... that's it :) I really like chatting, interested in exhibitions, food, films, music. As Sapphire3 wrote, "a local get-together" would be interesting for me too :)

MsMaarple wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't know whether this is a living forum or not...I have the same problem as you guys, I moved to Blackwater last October but I still don't know anybody to have a chat with. Plus: I am a 30 y.o. woman from Hungary, I don't like sports, I am a bit shy, and... that's it :) I really like chatting, interested in exhibitions, food, films, music. As Sapphire3 wrote, "a local get-together" would be interesting for me too :)

Everyone would be welcome, no matter the nationality. So if any of you have any ideas, do let me know through Private message or just respond here, anything...Let us get this thing up and running!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

It's really hard moving to a new place isn't it. My partner moved to Wexford and I sometimes feel sorry for him cos it'd either work or staying at home. It would be great for him to have a few friends in Wexford. We live just out side Camolin now, in the sticks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MsMaarple

It is, Lolli, I agree. I feel like a product which is trying to advertise itself as "hey, I'm here, do you need my friendship?" :) I have never lived anywhere outside of my country earlier. A lot of people told me that it won't be easy - they were right. But anyway, I am here now, I really enjoy the nature, our house, the quiet lifestyle, now I just need to find my place here.

Is it true that a lot of people emigrated from Wexford or moved to other cities such as Dublin? Once we were in Wexford town on a Saturday evening and the pubs were empty, that was a surprise for me...

A lot of people have moved to Gorey from Dublin in the last few years and probably to Wexford town too, however the majority still commute to Dublin every day in order to work etc.

As for the Wexford "born and bred" people. A lot of them have indeed moved up to Dublin in recent years, for college, work etc. Yet I see a lot of people who have moved down from Bray, Dublin etc. around Gorey and parts of North Wexford. So it is a "mixed bag", if that makes sense?

I find that the pubs and nightlife, are more lively during the summer when people come down for holidays or else, people just go out more around then. Especially, around the village where I am living.

As for Wexford town and surrounding areas, I couldn't tell you that much about it. As I never go out around Wexford town at night-time. Maybe someone else can tell you more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aerith

Hi all sorry dont know if this is still active or not. Im a bit new to all of this ! Im in a similar situation have found that a lot of my friends have move away etc. Im 25 living in enniscorthy area. Just wondering if there are still any meet ups or social groups from this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poppie1

Hi, I am in same boat looking to meet new friends. Just wondering if there are any walking groups around Enniscorthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wexford Style

Hi

Just wondering if this group is still active? Would love to meet up and make friends with people in Wexford area, either for a night out, a coffee or the cinema.

29 year old female, doesn't really know many people in Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Sadler32

Hi Wexford style,

Yeah I had the same problem when I moved to wexford a few years ago. I moved to just outside fethard.
    Took abit of time, but eventually made some good friends...

Always tough moving to a new place. I found that making the effort helped alot.

Have you lived in wexford long?

Advertisement