Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming Grinds

Options
  • 07-05-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some grinds in Java over the summer preferably from someone that has taught.
    How much do they cost these days ?
    Feel free to drop me a pm if you can recommend someone good in Cork.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

is this for a college course? if so you'd be best to ask in the college for someone that's familiar with the course. e.g. the SU in UCC has a website for grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

deRanged wrote: »
    is this for a college course? if so you'd be best to ask in the college for someone that's familiar with the course. e.g. the SU in UCC has a website for grinds.
    OK,thanks.
    Just keeping some options open as I find external lectures better sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Coder Dojo is something you should look at, theres dozens of places in Ireland, dont know how many/where in cork they are but JavaScript is something they cover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

magicianz wrote: »
    but JavaScript is something they cover

Java isn't Javascript though.

magicianz wrote: »
    Coder Dojo is something you should look at, theres dozens of places in Ireland, dont know how many/where in cork they are but JavaScript is something they cover
    Thanks
    And yes you are right DeRanged ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

You should have a look here reciently worked through a load of the exercises and stuff on it to freshen up on my Java, it's really good and entirely free, might not replace the need for grinds but it'll definitly help.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Viper_JB wrote: »
    You should have a look here reciently worked through a load of the exercises and stuff on it to freshen up on my Java, it's really good and entirely free, might not replace the need for grinds but it'll definitly help.

That's Javascript.

There's a good range of Java tutorials here that may help -

http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php

That's Javascript.

There's a good range of Java tutorials here that may help -

http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php
    Thanks,Yes I know Bucky well :D

Are there any good sites that have Java exercises ?
    Im looking for something that starts easy and gets harder as you drill more into the logic etc.
    I tried to use the Deitel & Deitel books but it's geared towards programmers,Im a newb.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement