Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Of The Year 2011-2012

Options
  • 07-05-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Kaboul for me, superb all season, buy a good partner for him in the summer and have caulker involved with the 2. Well Done YK.

Player of the Year 2011-2012 53 votes

Friedel
    0% 0 votes
    Walker
    11% 6 votes
    BAE
    9% 5 votes
    Kaboul
    3% 2 votes
    Parker
    28% 15 votes
    Modric
    35% 19 votes
    Bale
    3% 2 votes
    Lennon
    5% 3 votes
    VDV
    0% 0 votes
    Adebayor
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kaboul Kaboul Kaboul is on fire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Agreed on Kaboul, he's been amazing.

Thing is, we picked Dawson last year, we need him back and on form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hard to pick between Kaboul and Parker,but I went for Parker in the end,he's the kind of player we needed in midfield for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Big Younes Kaboul for me too. Absolute rock at the back for us all season. Hopefully he continues to improve and stay a YIDDO.

He has improved so much over the last few years and I'm delighted for him and us.

Assume he will be in the French team at the Euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I went with Brad. We've so often had someone inconsistent in goal that it's hindered our progress, but for the first time in ages we can say that the person in goal has had nothing but a positive effect on the team - he has just been so solid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Throwing in a controversial friedel vote, wouldn't be in the spot we are with Gomes! Apart from hart and given there isn't another keeper in the league I'd take ahead of him.

Kaboul does deserve it, but friedel should get a very very big mention.

Cheers Granpa Brad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kaboul for me too. The man is an animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Parker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Modric for me, he's the man. The only irreplaceable player in our starting XI. Also our only genuinely world class player. If he goes this summer we will struggle next season, he the guy that makes us tick, similar to Alonso at Liverpool 05-09.

Kaboul and Walker both just behind him. Both been outstanding for us and would start for any PL team bar none. Parker would've have gotten it but he's went completely off the boil the past 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Walker for me. Made the RB spot his and his attacking play was particularly good in the first half of the season before Lennon got injured. Can only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Only 3rd for Parker :O For me, he's what made us tick this year. The difference between the side that got embarrassed by both Manchester clubs and the one that was making them worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kold wrote: »
    Only 3rd for Parker :O For me, he's what made us tick this year. The difference between the side that got embarrassed by both Manchester clubs and the one that was making them worry.

he cant get in the side the past few games :-)

Kaboul for me , followed by walker and friedal

Normally friedal wouldnt get it because he has done nothing that a top keeper shouldnt go but he is so much more reliable than gomes then we all think he is super :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

VDV. Pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Parker for me. As a defensive centre midfielder myself, some of Parker's performances were a pleasure to watch. He led by example throughout the season and grabbed a number of games by the scruff of the neck when it was desperately required.

I've been very happy with Kaboul, as most of the forum have, but I think he needs a calm head next to him - just in case. Vertongen should be a very able partner for Kaboul next season - with Dawson/Caulker sharing the load.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

mickman wrote: »
    he cant get in the side the past few games :-)

and look how we've fared :/ Don't get me wrong, love Sandro but Parker has more positional sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

SuprSi wrote: »
    I went with Brad. We've so often had someone inconsistent in goal that it's hindered our progress, but for the first time in ages we can say that the person in goal has had nothing but a positive effect on the team - he has just been so solid.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Voted for Parker, even though Kaboul has been immense all season, i think Parker really brought the solidity to our midfield that we lacked over previous seasons. I think his dip in form over recent weeks is due to the sheer intensity and commitment he has put in over the season.

Has won so many tackles and broken up so many dangerous situations by putting his body on the line, alot of which i think has gone unnoticed.

Plays the game like a man that loves the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

mushykeogh wrote: »
    . I think his dip in form over recent weeks is due to the sheer intensity and commitment he has put in over the season.

Has won so many tackles and broken up so many dangerous situations by putting his body on the line, alot of which i think has gone unnoticed

Or he is trying not to pick up a injury before the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

celt262 wrote: »
    Or he is trying not to pick up a injury before the Euros.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Friedel has been a great signing, Walker great prospect, Kaboul our most improved player, Parker best attitude and has raised us all with his passion, Modric makes us tick.

But I've voted for Bale cos he is our best player, he is the only player I can remember at Spurs who I can say would get in any team in the world. He is the player the opposition is terrified of. He has developed his game and matured a bit. Possibly got a bit big headed and got ideas about roaming the pitch a bit too much, but its hard to blame him for wanting to come off the wing and get involved when he has so much ability. His attitude has been superb and he has sprinted at defenders all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

THFC wrote: »
    Modric for me, he's the man. The only irreplaceable player in our starting XI.

Everyone is replaceable mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Between Brad ( pity hes not 10years younger), Kaboul and Parker (pity hes not 5years younger) ........and my vote goes to Parker. The protection he gives the back 4 is what this Spurs team needs and only makes Kaboul's & Brad's job easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Kaboul for me, Parker close second. Interesing how all the front runners are defensive players. Says a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Kaboul for me, Parker close second. Interesing how all the front runners are defensive players. Says a lot...

Bigtime, it's the first time in a long time I can remember anything over 2 players getting votes :D, it's normally dominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Mullo76 wrote: »

I find that club players of the year are very often defenders. The papers and plastic fans give their acclaim to the exciting attacking players, but the dedicated fans who watch every game like to recognise the more subtle efforts of defenders or workhorse midfielders.

Personally I find it amazing that I'm the only one who has voted for our best player, Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i gave it to kaboul too but had modrics form before christmas continued i think he would have been my choice. parker and walker were very close too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Friedel gets my vote, but Walker, Parker and Kaboul were all excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

I had to give it to Bale. He wasn't as spectacular as the last few years and he has his flaws but if you asked any opposition who they least liked to play against out of spurs I would say nearly all would say Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Friedal is a distinctly average keeper who cost us plenty of soft goals this season because he wouldnt leave his line. Just because he isnt making any howlers ala Gomes or letting every shot from 35 yards or more go in ala Robinson doesnt mean he is a good keeper. We really need to upgrade him this season.

Bale while he hasnt been all season at his best is world class and the only players in the team that come close is VDV and Modric. Parker has been solid but like Friedal the benefit has been more to do with the fact that we havent had a player like him for years when we have glaringly needed it. Sandro is the better player but there should be enough games in the season to give both of them plenty of game time

• Advertisement
Advertisement