Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Of course it's normal. The video is just a tiny glimpse into the everyday of nature. But it's a big nope, at least for me. A newborn animal (if that's what you can call it), being ripped to shreds before it even got to open it's eyes, made me at least frown. That doesn't mean I'm some naive innocent fool who's blind to the reality of life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hagz wrote: »
    Of course it's normal. The video is just a tiny glimpse into the everyday of nature. But it's a big nope, at least for me. A newborn animal (if that's what you can call it), being ripped to shreds before it even got to open it's eyes, made me at least frown. That doesn't mean I'm some naive innocent fool who's blind to the reality of life :pac:

err we were talking about the poster who had an issue with an owner feeding their snakes live mice....?

GreeBo wrote: »
    err we were talking about the poster who had an issue with an owner feeding their snakes live mice....?

Ah well in relation to that, I'd have to agree that it was pretty sick. I think the owner had the option of giving the mouse a more merciful death and chose otherwise for his own entertainment. Of course someone is bound to say that it has to happen that way or the turtle won't eat the mouse, but I'd be inclined to doubt that theory.

Ah well in relation to that, I'd have to agree that it was pretty sick. I think the owner had the option of giving the mouse a more merciful death and chose otherwise for his own entertainment. Of course someone is bound to say that it has to happen that way or the turtle won't eat the mouse, but I'd be inclined to doubt that theory.

and our point was that its just as normal for the snake/mouse as it was for the lions and the warthog.

Why do you have a problem with one and not the other....its the exact same thing...nature...being recorded by someone?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why do you have a problem with one and not the other....its the exact same thing...nature...being recorded by someone?

I'm sorry but I'm just not in agreement with that line of logic. Firstly, because it's not the exact same thing. In the lion video, someone is videoing actual nature, i.e they stumbled upon what happened in nature. They had no interaction with the events and it was right for them not to interact. In the turtle video, it's the complete opposite. He didn't stumble across nature, he put it in a tank in his house and he didn't stumble across his turtle eating a mouse, he threw the mouse in there. By your line of logic, you must disgaree with him owning a turtle in his house because that's not what happens in nature. Hell, some turtles starve in nature so maybe he should have made a documentary of his turtle starving.

Secondly, I am of the belief that if you have the option to minimise suffering of any living thing, than you should do that. That doesn't mean leaping into a lion feast and putting down the babies before they get torn to shreds, but it does mean trying to give a mouse a more merciful death.

Actually, now that I think of it, there's so many flaws to your argument about it being the exact same thing that I could go on for ages. The point I'm really concerned about it is that people shouldn't be made felt naive or foolish for having pity on a dying creature. And whereas you might reply that people shouldn't be branded sickos for posting videos such as the mouse and turtle, I greatly disagree.

P.S. Sorry for clogging up the thread. I won't continue with this unless the poster want's to pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh dear god.... Why did I open this...

Seen this one before, made me puke a little in my mouth...

OMG...I envy that woman so much.

I'm just putting this out there.... if anyone here ever has a sebaceous cyst, please get in touch with me. I will gladly pay for the opportunity to squeeze it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

acid_picdump_01.jpg

I'm sorry but I'm just not in agreement with that line of logic. Firstly, because it's not the exact same thing. In the lion video, someone is videoing actual nature, i.e they stumbled upon what happened in nature. They had no interaction with the events and it was right for them not to interact. In the turtle video, it's the complete opposite. He didn't stumble across nature, he put it in a tank in his house and he didn't stumble across his turtle eating a mouse, he threw the mouse in there. By your line of logic, you must disgaree with him owning a turtle in his house because that's not what happens in nature. Hell, some turtles starve in nature so maybe he should have made a documentary of his turtle starving.

Secondly, I am of the belief that if you have the option to minimise suffering of any living thing, than you should do that. That doesn't mean leaping into a lion feast and putting down the babies before they get torn to shreds, but it does mean trying to give a mouse a more merciful death.

Actually, now that I think of it, there's so many flaws to your argument about it being the exact same thing that I could go on for ages. The point I'm really concerned about it is that people shouldn't be made felt naive or foolish for having pity on a dying creature. And whereas you might reply that people shouldn't be branded sickos for posting videos such as the mouse and turtle, I greatly disagree.

P.S. Sorry for clogging up the thread. I won't continue with this unless the poster want's to pm me.

My point, from the very beginning, is that if you are the mouse or the snake, its *the exact same thing*.
    How *you* happen to feel about it is irrelevant to everyone involved in the exact same way as how the people in the car were irrelevant to the lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I'm just putting this out there.... if anyone here ever has a sebaceous cyst, please get in touch with me. I will gladly pay for the opportunity to squeeze it!!!

I have 6 on my head :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

OMG...I envy that woman so much.

Haha, why is it some people have an obsession with popping stuff?? :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

9317_e3ab_390.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I think thats really cool! I love needles

play-piercing-with-needles-on-belly.jpg
    WTF+-+2009-07-15+-+Corset+6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

acid_picdump_34.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Cyst inside out!!!

Holy fcukin sh!t balls!

Is that hair in there?

I feel a bit ill, not as nice as the popping vids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

weiland79 wrote: »
    Cyst inside out!!!

Holy fcukin sh!t balls!

Is that hair in there?

I feel a bit ill, not as nice as the popping vids

It seems to be a dermoid cyst... they can have teeth, hair and nails.... awful stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermoid_cyst

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But how do you bend down to tie your shoe laces ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

<broken video link removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

6vvZHD.gif

I fúcking love, hate, love, hate, love, hate, love this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭e04bf0c8

video showing how he got burnt, blisters forming through to fully healed!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYZFAuhFV4

MJUSZxH.gif

NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!
    I hate blatant littering like that!

play-piercing-with-needles-on-belly.jpg

elnrIUO.jpg
    zOI7YRW.jpg

And finally.....

sWureaV.jpg

HA! Check him out. Vasily ****ing Zaytsev!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

They all look like something from Pokemon or one of them cartoons.
    Pretty cool looking. Didn't make me wanna scratch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Even worse than the blackhead is the way it's being dug into. I can't imagine that it wouldn't have hurt like mad to have someone digging into you with a tweezers like that.

<broken video link removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

They all look like something from Pokemon or one of them cartoons.
    Pretty cool looking. Didn't make me wanna scratch though.

Ya they look like something from a cartoon, mad mad looking things!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The last mite thing reminds me of my avatar :L

Advertisement