Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Loa loa is a filarial nematode (roundworm) species that lives within humans and other mammals’ bodies, specifically their eyes. It is commonly known as the ‘eye worm’ and its maturing larvae occupy the subcutaneous layer of the skin of humans, causing disease. The larvae develop in horseflies and are passed to mammals like humans through a fly bite. If it gets into the eye tissue, hosts can feel it moving in the eye and can see it floating in there if it’s big enough. The worm is easily killed using antibiotics or is extracted through minor surgery, though it can live inside a human for up to 17 years.

7X3NZg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

acid_picdump_94.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

<broken link removed>

1.45 - spaghetti!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

oI72dU4.gifoI72dU4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

^^Kept bees for a while, you'll be suprised how docile they get when they get used to humans around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

^^^^^^

that's just deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

^ I don't think it's nope or deadly - I mean what's the point of it? What an absolutely ridiculous animal that needs help when starting to eat, finishing eating, and after eating. And it probably never goes anywhere coz it can't decide which way to go.
    Also, I don't see why each head needs to eat - surely one would be enough to nourish the body.

^ I don't think it's nope or deadly - I mean what's the point of it? What an absolutely ridiculous animal that needs help when starting to eat, finishing eating, and after eating. And it probably never goes anywhere coz it can't decide which way to go.
    Also, I don't see why each head needs to eat - surely one would be enough to nourish the body.

It's stare haunted my soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^ I don't think it's nope or deadly - I mean what's the point of it?

What's the point of it? What does that even mean in context of a living animal?
    What an absolutely ridiculous animal that needs help when starting to eat, finishing eating, and after eating. And it probably never goes anywhere coz it can't decide which way to go.

You make it sound like something the owner should send back to the shop under warranty. It's a snake with a deformity, & is quite unusual. It would have likely died in the wild, & the fact the owner takes such care of it is pretty nice I think. "A ridiculous animal"...if only I didn't hate the rolleyes emoticon so much...

They're predatory snakes, higher reasoning probably goes over their heads slightly. It's obvious both heads are completely independent to each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

If one head is eating and the other isn't, it will attack itself in order to get the food.
    While both heads are part of the same body, they are acting independently so it will not realise that the food is going to the same place.
    More interesting than nope I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Was something removed? Where's this snake you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Was something removed? Where's this snake you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Myrddin wrote: »
    What's the point of it? What does that even mean in context of a living animal?

You make it sound like something the owner should send back to the shop under warranty. It's a snake with a deformity, & is quite unusual. It would have likely died in the wild, & the fact the owner takes such care of it is pretty nice I think. "A ridiculous animal"...if only I didn't hate the rolleyes emoticon so much...

They're predatory snakes, higher reasoning probably goes over their heads slightly. It's obvious both heads are completely independent to each other

Ah, is it just a deformity?! Ah right. I thought it was a breed of snake!

oh and also re the 2 heads - yes the heads are independent, but the body is not, therefore can't possibly need both heads to nourish it.

Edit: Ah, I see /V\etalfish answered my question already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

More interesting than nope I think.

I find it fascinating, and nope in the sense of, I can't help thinking about it being a HUGE, fully grown, man-eating snake (like an anaconda or something) with TWO heads... Mother of GOD..... *shudder*

Yes, I am afraid of snakes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

oh and also re the 2 heads - yes the heads are independent, but the body is not, therefore can't possibly need both heads to nourish it.

It's a deformity, what more can be said :) Definitely more interesting than nope, creatures like that have roots in mythology etc, hence the 'Medusa' name

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ah, is it just a deformity?! Ah right. I thought it was a breed of snake!

Edit: Ah, I see /V\etalfish answered my question already.

The body doesnt know it has two heads, and the brain doesnt know its part of the same body as the other head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

On the other hand...

kGWyl8O.jpg?1

Guill wrote: »
    Double Headed Sheep in a Glass Case.Sheepg

Has it got a bluetooth on it's head?

5rMuBVp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Oh dear sweet mother of god. Scrolling down, wow she looks happy then blughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Augmerson, you are a swine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Awwwwww & yeeeeuuwwww and the same time :)
    Poor lil guy.

Oh dear sweet mother of god. Scrolling down, wow she looks happy then blughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Augmerson, you are a swine.

I love you and I always will, what I do, I do for you, to make you stronger. Bless you my child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Any context on that photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yakuza wrote: »

ecoli infection after intestinal surgery - she's posted on Reddit with some more pictures http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1okza1/abdominal_surgery_really_bad_e_coli_big_hole_in/

Yakuza wrote: »

Think it said something about getting some stomach surgery and e-coli was present so they had to have it opened for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Looks like watermelon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

mother of baby jayziz

tumblr_mupb0klDUX1qgfez2o5_500.jpg
    tumblr_mupb0klDUX1qgfez2o4_500.jpg
    tumblr_mupb0klDUX1qgfez2o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_mupb0klDUX1qgfez2o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mupb0klDUX1qgfez2o6_500.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Why would a good looking girl like herself do that?

On the plus side, she probably can give amazing BJs now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Tinie wrote: »
    Why would a good looking girl like herself do that?

On the plus side, she probably can give amazing BJs now.

Answered your own question their!

Advertisement