Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dublin airport car parking

• 07-05-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

yesterday I was two mintues in the car park just pick up my mother and I had to pay 3euro to get out. I couldn't even park at the departure just to pick her up. What a rip off.

Should they allow the first ten- 15 mintues free.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Yes.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Dublin Airport forum != Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Ahh ill have a large chip, a cheese burger and a can of fanta please...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Are those my feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Just use the departure level set down area. If you're quick no one will say anything to you.

Or pull in around Aer Lingus HQ. Theres a risk you might get moved on, but thats all they can do,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

mod can move if they want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Just use the departure level set down area. If you're quick no one will say anything to you.

Or pull in around Aer Lingus HQ. Theres a risk you might get moved on, but thats all they can do,

I did get moved on. PLoice were out yesterday. I really think you should be able to pick someone up is this area. two mintues wasn't going to kill anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Do what I do, reverse very slowly into Arrivals, they won't know if you're coming or going.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

The tag on my jeans sometimes sticks out.
    Its on the side for god sake.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive found a really huge free car park at the airport. Just becareful of planes coming around you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Don't have this issue in Shannon
    Not a problem to park out front for free

But then everything is better out whest :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Shannon is basically just a car park/industrial estate. Of course there'll be parking spaces :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

cena wrote: »
    I did get moved on. two mintues wasn't going to kill anyone.

No offence OP, but it ain't just about you & what you do not killing anyone. If every one was let park there for just two minutes, two minutes would become five minutes, five minutes would become ten minutes & it would rapidly become a free for all zoo. Which is why they built a car park. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No offence OP, but it ain't just about you & what you do not killing anyone. If every one was let park there for just two minutes, two minutes would become five minutes, five minutes would become ten minutes & it would rapidly become a free for all zoo. Which is why they built a car park. ;)

Anyway...

Yes I think 15 minutes free would be fair. But since when does fairness come into anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

I did get moved on. PLoice were out yesterday. I really think you should be able to pick someone up is this area. two mintues wasn't going to kill anyone.
    It's the departures set down area and it's busy enough as it is, if they let every cheapskate park there to wait for the arrivals there would be chaos for both those departing and those arriving and being collected.

Stick your mother on the 16 into town if you're so cheap. You can meet her at a bus stop (you can even park beside a lot of them for free!) somewhere along the way, everyone is happy that way, no?

At the end of the day, the airport is a business that is trying to make its money. Why would it give people 15 minutes free when those same people will end up paying the €3 anyway?

Their long term rates are very competitive anyway so I'm not going to complain about them.

Let us know what Joe Duffy says when you ring him to let him know what a disgrace it is tomorrow afternoon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

yesterday I was two mintues in the car park just pick up my mother and I had to pay 3euro to get out. I couldn't even park at the departure just to pick her up. What a rip off.

Should they allow the first ten- 15 mintues free.

Been a while since I collected someone at the airport but I suggest you colect them at arrivals rather than departures. I usually work by mobile phone to drive in just on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

my mate picked me up sun morn in dublin airport. parked his car think its 3.50 for the hour then 4.00 euro for every hour after that. got a bite to eat went to pay and the machine said 7.50..... we were 2 mins int the next hour and it charged us for the full hour!!! robbin cnuts!!!! surelyb it should have charged us 2 mins worth or an extra 50 cent or somethin to that effect and not the full hour. i get we were into the next hour but i mean 2 mins over and charged full whack!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

€7.50 for parking while you ate in their own restaurant. Get out of the airport asap and eat somewhere else that provides free parking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement