Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question re: the 30 days notice and cancellation.

Options
  • 07-05-2012 11:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says this is a question regarding the 30 days cancellation notice. Firstly when we went to cancel last week we were told it had to be in writing (good stuff from a telecoms company), so it is likely 45 days which is in itself a bit scandalous. That it was tacked on to a contract after it was originally agreed is another matter.

However, my point is that Eircom have quite clearly not been providing the service and meeting the Terms of the Contract. There has been numerous attempts at contact and resolving the issue but they've fallen far short of expectation. If Eircom have failed to meet their end, why should I have to give any such notice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Weepsie wrote: »
    As the title says this is a question regarding the 30 days cancellation notice. Firstly when we went to cancel last week we were told it had to be in writing (good stuff from a telecoms company), so it is likely 45 days which is in itself a bit scandalous. That it was tacked on to a contract after it was originally agreed is another matter.

However, my point is that Eircom have quite clearly not been providing the service and meeting the Terms of the Contract. There has been numerous attempts at contact and resolving the issue but they've fallen far short of expectation. If Eircom have failed to meet their end, why should I have to give any such notice?

Hi Weepsie,

The 30 day cancellation notice has to be applicable to every customer when a process is set up. I have looked over your contact history with ourselves and broadband technical support. The broadband terms and conditions state that the "broadband speed is not guaranteed".

We have tried to insure that we maximise the speed on your line and limit the disconnections as well.

However the 30 day process can not be negated on the basis that you outlined I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've never expected the speed to always be at its highest, or that it would in fact be 'always on', but being disconnected several times an hour is not what I would call making sure the connection is always on.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've never expected the speed to always be at its highest, or that it would in fact be 'always on', but being disconnected several times an hour is not what I would call making sure the connection is always on.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Hi Weepsie,

No problem.

Regards, Mark

Advertisement