Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in St Patricks Mills in Douglas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

We've had to deal with the threat of Clampers for the last couple of years in Douglas village , mainly in St. Patrick's Woolen mills. Now since the 1st May, Cork Co. council have opened a new Public Car Park at the rear of St. Patricks Woolen Mills. Not many people know about this but I've been assured that there will be an information booklet about parking options in Douglas distributed by Cork Co.co. in the next couple of weeks.:)
    Parking in this new Car park is well lit at night has CCTV and is Free between the hours of 6.30pm and 8.30am so you can go for dinner or a couple of drinks and pick the car up in the morning. During business hours there is a charge of €3 for 24 hours. This is'nt the complete answer to the parking problem in Douglas but I know many of our customers at the South County are happy not to have to risk getting clamped again.
    Meanwhile street parking is now 'pay & display' all over the village and is 80c an hour during business hours (again free after 6.30pm). You can also put 20c in the meter and get 15 minutes which is handy to know.....

Welcome to Boards Tom/Colm. You never know who you will bump into on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

We've had to deal with the threat of Clampers for the last couple of years in Douglas village , mainly in St. Patrick's Woolen mills. Now since the 1st May, Cork Co. council have opened a new Public Car Park at the rear of St. Patricks Woolen Mills. Not many people know about this but I've been assured that there will be an information booklet about parking options in Douglas distributed by Cork Co.co. in the next couple of weeks.:)
    Parking in this new Car park is well lit at night has CCTV and is Free between the hours of 6.30pm and 8.30am so you can go for dinner or a couple of drinks and pick the car up in the morning. During business hours there is a charge of €3 for 24 hours. This is'nt the complete answer to the parking problem in Douglas but I know many of our customers at the South County are happy not to have to risk getting clamped again.
    Meanwhile street parking is now 'pay & display' all over the village and is 80c an hour during business hours (again free after 6.30pm). You can also put 20c in the meter and get 15 minutes which is handy to know.....

Is the new car park in operation at the moment ? Heading out Saturday nite and would be useful to leave the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

That's very handy to know that but I would not like to walk back there too late at night on my morning perfect for over night or 3 euros for 24 hours so u could sleep till 10 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SamV

Barr wrote: »
    Is the new car park in operation at the moment ? Heading out Saturday nite and would be useful to leave the car.
    Yup, has been since May.
    Janedoe10 wrote: »
    That's very handy to know that but I would not like to walk back there too late at night on my morning perfect for over night or 3 euros for 24 hours so u could sleep till 10 ?
    Not sure if I understand your question but you get 24 hours from the time you buy the ticket.

The Lion House car park on Church Road has the same rates (€3=24hrs).

Advertisement