Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Azor Ahai Theories **ADWD Book Spoilers**

• 08-05-2012 1:04am

So who's your money on to be Azor Ahai?
    The prevailing theory is Jon obv because of the whole reborn thing, and Melisandre seeing him in visions leading up to his attack at the end.
    Contenders are Jon, Stannis, Dany, Egg 6th? any other theories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Think it's clearly Jon.

Stannis has been fairly obviously counted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Only just finished the chapter in ADWD where Jon had the dream where he was in black ice armour and wielding a flaming sword (lightbringer?) fighting on top of the wall.

Up until now, I believed Dany to be Azor Ahai reborn, but now I am pretty sure its Jon (if this Azor Ahai reborn thing isn't a load of crap that is :pac:) and I never believed Stannis was.

I always thought Melisandre was a fraud, and just leading Stannis on, this may or may not be the case.

Anyways, since I am only at the chapter in the book, I better not come back to this thread till I have finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

has to be jon, but knowing GRRM it will probably turn out to be patchface

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

I'm sticking with Dany, and the dragons being Lightbringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

We dont know where or how Lightbringer will appear. One idea I had revolved around the Iron Throne, a structure made from hundreds of swords. What better way to create the one ultimate sword than by melting down the hundreds contained in the Iron Throne. Possibly by dragon fire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Lightbringer was forged of love in the original story, it took a special kind of commitment from a smith

There's only one smith left in the book

darragh666 wrote: »
    We dont know where or how Lightbringer will appear. One idea I had revolved around the Iron Throne, a structure made from hundreds of swords. What better way to create the one ultimate sword than by melting down the hundreds contained in the Iron Throne. Possibly by dragon fire?
    Think you'd need to be a giant to wield it though!

Combining both of the suggestions of the last two posts: could Gendry end up re-forging Ice to be Lightbringer by melting down Widows Wail and Oathkeeper? Or is that just a bit too tacky!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

If it was Gendry, who'd be the sacrifice? I dunno what I think really, Martin could be trolling all of us :D

Arya would be the most likely candidate in that case. It'd have to be done *really* well though to justify killing my favourite character!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Daith

Sleepy wrote: »
    Arya would be the most likely candidate in that case. It'd have to be done *really* well though to justify killing my favourite character!

Arya is def going to die isn't she? Hopefully she'll reunite with Nymeria and destroy the Frey's before she does though. Knowing Martin she'll probably get attacked, switch to Nymeria chasing to reach Arya, Arya dies, Nymeria eats Arya. You can't tame a wild beast!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Unless Gendry forges Lightbringer for Arya, who is Azor Ahai :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Think you'd need to be a giant to wield it though!

Combining both of the suggestions of the last two posts: could Gendry end up re-forging Ice to be Lightbringer by melting down Widows Wail and Oathkeeper? Or is that just a bit too tacky!

I like it, taking a song of Ice & Fire quite literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Gendry is now settled at the Inn so its not unfeasible for him to find love in the next book.

I can't see arya dying in anything other than rounding out her prayer

Advertisement