Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to oz

Options
  • 08-05-2012 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi me and my friend are looking at booking flights to perth on WHV around the first week of sept for the year i have looked up prices but i'd just like to know can you change flights with all airlines how much does it cost around and does it matter with i book with the likes of ebookers or do i need to go with an airline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

There's no standard charge for changing flights, they all vary. We changed a return flight with.Singapore airlines for 50euro each. We had shopped around and singapore had the cheapest fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

tosh_2006 wrote: »
    hi me and my friend are looking at booking flights to perth on WHV around the first week of sept for the year i have looked up prices but i'd just like to know can you change flights with all airlines how much does it cost around and does it matter with i book with the likes of ebookers or do i need to go with an airline

No you don't need to go with 1 airline. Although you can if you want. From heathrow anyway. Very few will bring you all the way from Dublin airport.

I'm coming back and the cheapest I found was Turkish airlines. Istanbul to Dublin. Singapore to Istanbul. It's quantas to Singapore tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Try ebookers.ie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

i have checked many sites ebookers does seem the cheapest €1,073.28 with Emirates leaving the 5th sept but can only get flight back 20th march then i'd change the flights for my really return dates

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

ring the airline and ask them, i can't see why they don't allow you book a return flight for 12mths time.
    also when i went on my WHV i got an open ended ticket to return on whatever day i wanted just had to give the airline a few weeks notice 6 or 4 weeks if i remember correctly:confused: allthough that was nearly 20yrs ago:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

can you still get open return tickets cause i didn't see any

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

booked mine in the travel agent at the time as the interwebs didn't exist or at least it didn't exist where i lived.
    ring the airline or even ring ebookers and enquire if they still do them.

ok i called emirates today about flights they said i can change my flights once for free then 100 euro after that. they told me 1,100 each i feel thats good maybe i'm wrong

Advertisement