Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At what time is it too late to do something?

• 08-05-2012 5:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Ok, 5 a.m. is usually too late to do anything, or maybe for you it was 1998.

Any regrets?

I regret putting on that pizza 5 minutes from now and burning the place down.

But, retrospective regrets, like not going to college are equally acceptable.

I'd better not nip out now to get some coleslaw to go with that pizza I won't be putting on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Get the coleslaw. Put on the pizza. Go to college. Regret nothing. It's never too late. It's never too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't really have regrets! Yes I have made bad choices and had bad times, but everything that happened led me to be who I am now. And I used to be a pretty crappy person, and I think I'm a pretty good one now :) And probably all the crap times, and stupid things I did, and lousy people in my life led to this! Wouldn't go as far as to thank all the assholes though!

I do regret eating a lot of travel sweets tonight leading to my awakened sugar high, but that's no big deal really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

strobe wrote: »
    Get the coleslaw. Put on the pizza. Go to college. Regret nothing. It's never too late. It's never too late.

Don't actually know where I could get some coleslaw at this hour of night/morning.

But, the pizza is on. \o/

*peruses college prospectuseses*

I don't really have regrets! Yes I have made bad choices and had bad times, but everything that happened led me to be who I am now. And I used to be a pretty crappy person, and I think I'm a pretty good one now :) And probably all the crap times, and stupid things I did, and lousy people in my life led to this! Wouldn't go as far as to thank all the assholes though!

I do regret eating a lot of travel sweets tonight leading to my awakened sugar high, but that's no big deal really!

Nice post Peach. But, most importantly, did your tin of travel sweets have a picture of Warwick Castle on the lid? :pac:

Okay, sorry for the delay. Pizza,done to a turn. Oven turned off.

Just trying to figure out now how much Lea&Perrins to add to the pizza.

And I didn't burn the house down. WooHoo.

Choco

*dances off to college*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I regret nothing!! Life is too short to have regrets...just terribly made choices :p

Why bother tormenting yourself with stuff you have done in the past? It's in the past, no point in looking back and regretting it...it may have been a terrible decision but move on and make better ones! :)

i should really sleep right now but its too late i have to be up in a little bit oh well :pac:

Om nyom nyom!:pac::):D

I regret nothing!! Life is too short to have regrets...just terribly made choices :p

Why bother tormenting yourself with stuff you have done in the past? It's in the past, no point in looking back and regretting it...it may have been a terrible decision but move on and make better ones! :)

i should really sleep right now but its too late i have to be up in a little bit oh well :pac:

Tell someone you love them today Pixie, because life IS short....

.... but, don't forget to shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.:P:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I don't know about too late, but 5 a.m. is way too early to do anything. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I'm just after waking up and will soon be on route to the gym...

I usually regret doing that at around half 10 when i'm really feeling the pain:D

You should only ever regret the things you didn't do, there are a lot of things I've done that were wrong for me, but I don't really regret them as I've used them as a learning experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

i regret being up all night cramming a hole semester for an exam this afternoon...im crashing and cant stomach any more red bull:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I regreat not having my kids earlier so i could have more. They are really the best thing ever. I know its a cliche but its genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

skinny90 wrote: »
    i regret being up all night cramming a hole semester for an exam this afternoon...im crashing and cant stomach any more red bull:mad:

I've done that before. All nighters are rarely worth it, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Je ne regrette rien, rien!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I regret not eating the rest of that apple tart back home. I think it's gone off now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I've liked a girl for about two years now, but didn't say anything at first because it was a really bad time for something like that. That, and I wasn't exactly captain courage back then.

I'm certain she liked me too, but I've left it too long now. We still hang out from time to time, but I really wish I'd asked her out back then. I sometimes wonder if she still likes me.

Tell someone you love them today Pixie, because life IS short....

.... but, don't forget to shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing.:P:pac:

ICH LIEBE DICH FRAGE MEINE SCHOKOLADE!!

You're right it is terrfying and confusing! Thank you google translate! :D

ICH LIEBE DICH FRAGE MEINE SCHOKOLADE!!

You're right it is terrfying and confusing! Thank you google translate! :D

"I LOVE YOU ASK MY CHOCOLATE!!"

What?

a fat guy wrote: »
    "I LOVE YOU ASK MY CHOCOLATE!!"

What?

its suppose to be his name....not actually ask my chocolate :o

That's the problem with Google translate.

It never works well with usernames.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Is it too late to be able to competantly learn to play piano at age 25? As far as i'm aware, the best time to learn to play a musical instrument is when you're a kid.

If i thought the question was rhetorical i wouldn't ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Regretting is wallowing and I'm not a warthog. If you fall on your ass get back up and keep running. Life is like a fun run except you're being chased by Death.

Is it too late to be able to competantly learn to play piano at age 25? As far as i'm aware, the best time to learn to play a musical instrument is when you're a kid.

If i thought the question was rhetorical i wouldn't ask

I'm learning the harmonica for summer and I'll be 22 soon.

It's not exactly as difficult as learning the piano, but I think you should go for it anyway.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Shryke wrote: »
    Regretting is wallowing and I'm not a warthog. If you fall on your ass get back up and keep running. Life is like a fun run except you're being chased by Death.

If death was a cheating sod and takes a taxi to the finish line.

You're right though, the pain of defeat is nothing compared to the pain of regret

Advertisement