Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Des Doyle

Options
  • 08-05-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I see in today's Irish times that craft butcher des Doyle is to get an award from the French "brotherhood of the sausage an pudding" (?)... Which butcher is this? Is this the doyles butcher in the industrial estate outside kilcoole?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

I see in today's Irish times that craft butcher des Doyle is to get an award from the French "brotherhood of the sausage an pudding" (?)... Which butcher is this? Is this the doyles butcher in the industrial estate outside kilcoole?

Des Doyle is proprietor of the Butchers shop in Tesco Shopping Centre. He also owns and runs the butcher shop near Lidl at Redford. He is a brother of Joe Doyle who owns and runs the Donnybrook Fair chain. He is a relation of the butcher in Kilcoole, who also operate in Blackrock-Frascati Centre. Another cousin owns and runs The Willow Grove bar while yet another cousin owns and runs the Castle Inn in Newcastle.
    Congratulations to Des on this prestigeous award.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Good stuff, I find the butcher's shop in tesco really good, meat is always top class and their service is always great. I've often gotten advice on how best to cook meats etc. Delighted that the shop is getting some recognition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Good stuff, I find the butcher's shop in tesco really good, meat is always top class and their service is always great. I've often gotten advice on how best to cook meats etc. Delighted that the shop is getting some recognition.

They deserve all the recognition. Their meat and other products are top class and their service just terrific.

However, they don't get that recognition locally. Doyle's should have been invited to join the Gourmet Greystones festival last weekend as a successful and high quality local food enterprise. Instead it was dominated by non-local producers. Now, if the grub is good I'm all for it and I don't care where the producer comes from, but leaving out Doyle's was disgraceful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

They deserve all the recognition. Their meat and other products are top class and their service just terrific.

However, they don't get that recognition locally. Doyle's should have been invited to join the Gourmet Greystones festival last weekend as a successful and high quality local food enterprise. Instead it was dominated by non-local producers. Now, if the grub is good I'm all for it and I don't care where the producer comes from, but leaving out Doyle's was disgraceful...
    How do you know they weren't invited?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

How do you know they weren't invited?

A reliable source, i.e. one of Des' best mates, told me so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I saw lots of local producers at greystones gourmet festival - I fail to see how you have concluded non locals dominated it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement