Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Music Bar below Mrs Robinson

Options
  • 08-05-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Spotted a planning application on Hillside Road seeking permission for late night music bar etc in the basement of Ms Robinson's. This is in the name of Owen Owens owner of the building.
    Surely the town doesn't need this type of "Night Club". We had enough problems with the Theatre and all the problems that it brought to bear. Oppose this planning application.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Brilliant, look forward to it! The town badly needs this type of venue!
    Support this planning application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

vinpaul wrote: »
    Spotted a planning application on Hillside Road seeking permission for late night music bar etc in the basement of Ms Robinson's. This is in the name of Owen Owens owner of the building.
    Surely the town doesn't need this type of "Night Club". We had enough problems with the Theatre and all the problems that it brought to bear. Oppose this planning application.

Would be nice if it was a blues bar/jazz café type of affair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Perhaps you might elaborate on the problems with the Theatre, I wasn't aware of any. What do you think is appropriate?

Good luck to them. I think it's great that Mrs Robinson opened in the first place and better again if they can pull of a decent late night bar with live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snowman224

I'm with MikeDragon.
    Was a real shame about the theatre not working out long term.

Went a few time, thought it was a good venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Anyone living near the Theatre will be well aware of the problems. The noise, the fighting outside it every weekend and the empty cans and bottles everywhere. Badly run all round. At one point it was BYO I think and there were just ppl drinking all over the Meridian. In relation to Mrs. Robinsons I welcome it. This place on the other hand is well run and I am sure downstairs will be that same and they will have respect for their neighbours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭woodsy2

I'll be happy so long as the age limit is lower than 25s! :D

+1 blues bar/jazz café

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

the town needs it, those problems existed way before the theatre was ever there.

there's always problems with teens and drink, they were there in the beach house for years and then in script and then the theatre.

its all down to how the business is run, IMO the propeirters didn't care who their clientele were and just wanted cash in the door.

when sript opened the last time as the woodlands they tried to run a higher class establishment, but couldn't as they were the wrong location.

i think mrs robinson opening an underground late night bar will be excellent for the town.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I would Welcome a Late night alternative to the Beach House (if its still running) Its after taking years for a 3rd Bar in Greystones i Welcome Variety & Choice since there has being a lack of it the past few years i usually Drink in Bray as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

They did a great job with the bar, I can’t wait to see what they do with a late night venue. Badly needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Can't really see the relationship between this and the grossly mismanaged farce that is the theatre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

is it really over 25s that seems like a load of nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Over 25s usually a policy the use to deter any troublemakers but it's never stuck to as face it majority at that age don't have kids or mortgages so have more disposable income. A music venue would be great, would love to see it. If done something similar to a Whelans type place and decent bands would love it.

Advertisement