Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing a smartphone

Options
  • 08-05-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I'm looking at three smartphones and I would appreciate some help in choosing one of them.

Looking at online reviews just confuses me!

The three phones are the iPhone 4S @ 149.99, the Samsung Galaxy S2 for free, and the HTC One X @ 199.99

Given those choices, which one should I go for? Which is the best all around phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm looking at three smartphones and I would appreciate some help in choosing one of them.

Looking at online reviews just confuses me!

The three phones are the iPhone 4S @ 149.99, the Samsung Galaxy S2 for free, and the HTC One X @ 199.99

Given those choices, which one should I go for? Which is the best all around phone?

3 non comparible phones there really. All are completely different, different generations, different screen sizes, single core, dual core and quad core. Have a play in the shop, see which feels right. You may not like a big screen and find the One X or S2 too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭helpmeplease

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    3 non comparible phones there really. All are completely different, different generations, different screen sizes, single core, dual core and quad core. Have a play in the shop, see which feels right. You may not like a big screen and find the One X or S2 too big.

Thanks for the reply.

Someone told me that the iPhone 4S may be replaced with a newer model soon; it would have been my first choice but I'm a bit hesitant since I heard that.

I have a HTC Desire at the minute and am very happy with it, so I'm beginning to lean towards the One X now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bella27

Hey,

I was a bit like yourself. Was due an upgrade with VF but was holding out for the iPhone 5 or whatever one comes next (I am an iPhone lover but also a Samsung lover and have heard the HTC is a super phone). Maybe I'm being biast here but I chose to go with the iPhone 4s, the reason I did is because the last time Apple bought out a newer version of the iPhone 4, there was no huge difference, well maybe there is (Siri, better Camera, quicker etc) but the look and feel were the same so I said why not. I also got to trade my own one against it so it didnt cost all that much after.

I'm not sure if this will help you or not but thats my tuppence worth!

Bella

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭helpmeplease

bella27 wrote: »
    Hey,

I was a bit like yourself. Was due an upgrade with VF but was holding out for the iPhone 5 or whatever one comes next (I am an iPhone lover but also a Samsung lover and have heard the HTC is a super phone). Maybe I'm being biast here but I chose to go with the iPhone 4s, the reason I did is because the last time Apple bought out a newer version of the iPhone 4, there was no huge difference, well maybe there is (Siri, better Camera, quicker etc) but the look and feel were the same so I said why not. I also got to trade my own one against it so it didnt cost all that much after.

I'm not sure if this will help you or not but thats my tuppence worth!

Bella

Thanks Bella, that does help.

Do you know when the iPhone 5 is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bella27

There's no official date yet, if they release it later in the year which I think they are due to, in all liklehood it might be out in time for Christmas. No guarantees though, there never really are until a few weeks in advance.

After that its up to the providers on when they decide to release them. I do remember that the iPhone 4s came out very quickly though, not sure if that will be the case for the iPhone 5 or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks for the reply.

I have a HTC Desire at the minute and am very happy with it, so I'm beginning to lean towards the One X now.

I presume you are also looking at the One S ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Don't forget to look at WP7 based phones like the HTC Titan or Nokia Lumia.

Out of your options though i'd get the 4S, but i am biased against Android. I've used all three OS's and android is my least favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Samsung Galaxy S3 is coming out at the end of this month so I would look at that :) looks to be a fantastic phone..

Advertisement