Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Renewal

Options
  • 08-05-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Quoted €708.37 for 3rd p, f + t. was €800 even last year with fbd. was hoping for under €600! does anybody here know by what standards/calculations these reductions are made? hate paying this much money to cover me for things that might happen is annoying to say the least.
    btw im male 26 with clean full licence and 2 years no claims (just in case you were wondering!)
    can keep ya updated on further quotes also if anyones interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

have heard of some insanely low (by Irish standards) quotes from people with Britton Insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I went through an AA broker and mine is less than 400.
    I am a 26yo female with 5yr full licence and max ncd in my favour :/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Strange company.. heard the same claims and yet was quoted over €120 more than my current policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Misticles wrote: »
    female
    Stops reading there :pac: as the gap between male and female quotes are still stupid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep shopping around. It's the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

the_syco wrote: »
    Stops reading there :pac: as the gap between male and female quotes are still stupid :(

always wanted to get the girlfriend to ring up, give EXACT same details as me but as female, and if they qouted cheaper ring them up and give out about their sexist price structures!

might do that actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

So far.....for 3rd party f + t:
    fbd €708 (currently with them)
    axa €990
    britton - car more than 10yrs old, wont insure
    123.ie €1,040
    25plus.ie €648

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Did you try munster in Clare. My two lads and myself changed to them. All old cars. Will beat any quote by 50 Euro if you have evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Try Aaran Insurance Brokers in Harolds Cross - you can call them up from any part of the country and they seem to deal with a lot of different Insurance Companies and never fail for me or others I have recomended. Their number is 01 - 4782020.

And no I don't work for them or anything, just always get great quotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

watermark wrote: »
    So far.....for 3rd party f + t:
    fbd €708 (currently with them)
    axa €990
    britton - car more than 10yrs old, wont insure
    123.ie €1,040
    25plus.ie €648

there's your problem!

my partner was with Axa, under his parents, they say it was cheaper i have my doubts,

when it came to getting his own this year, he rang aviva and quinn (two of the cheapest out of all the ones we rang)

he got €500 for a 24 year old male, 12 year old car, 1.4 ltr, full licence no claims of 4 years and me fully comp too on his policy.

mine (female) was the similar price maybe 50 quid cheaper, (i have no claims the same as him)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Try getting a quote from Tesco insurance online - they are the cheapest in my experience.

I wasn't happy with my FBD renewal quote so I got a quote from Tesco and rang FBD to see if they would match it. They didn't match it, but I got insured for less than the orginal FBD renewal.
    I still went with FBD as they allow you to pay monthly and the cover was slightly better than tesco's cheapest quote.

Advertisement