Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paradise on King

• 08-05-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

7152006795_3081243bba_c.jpg

7005920646_8418ec123f_c.jpg

7006393388_96585fa8a9_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I'll be honest I wouldn't walk in there without a hazmat suit but they are some great shots right there. Whats the story behind it all? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

All your rooms look the same .... no matter where in the world they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Did you move house?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

They are tester shots for a friends house I'm starting to document. These photos are pretty much what I don't want it to look like. The house is a little all over the place right now as there are people in the middle of moving out and moving in, with some people staying in the living room until they finally move out, that explains the mess.

The house is actually amazing and the images show the opposite of how it really feels. It's a 7 bedroom house, inhabited by the most relaxed, liberal happy people. It's a very spiritual house and until I get the images I really want it's hard to articulate. To accompany the internal shots are going to be a series of portraits similar to this one. Each room has its own personality that reflects the person living in it. The empty room reflects the guy who moved out suddenly leaving 8 weeks rent owed.

6892183716_73e89e17c8_c.jpg

It's more of a long term project for me that can't really be planned out as to when and how to shoot. It's more of a circumstance of being at the house a lot and just shooting it. All the people that live there are really cool/happy about the idea of them and their house being documented. The house has a real soul to it, a real lived in and loved feel to it.

Like I said, the photos are from me just hanging out, drinking tea, shooting photos in the house for 3 hours one morning earlier in the week to see how and what I want to shoot. These are exactly how I don't want it to look but have their own feel and appeal.

@Daz- Yeah, I moved house after being homeless for 8 weeks. Just around the corner nearer Dan Murphy's ;) way cheaper and just as nice! Oh yeah, been having some ripper surfs lately too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

pete4130 wrote: »
    They are tester shots for a friends house I'm starting to document. These photos are pretty much what I don't want it to look like. The house is a little all over the place right now as there are people in the middle of moving out and moving in, with some people staying in the living room until they finally move out, that explains the mess.

The house is actually amazing and the images show the opposite of how it really feels. It's a 7 bedroom house, inhabited by the most relaxed, liberal happy people. It's a very spiritual house and until I get the images I really want it's hard to articulate. To accompany the internal shots are going to be a series of portraits similar to this one. Each room has its own personality that reflects the person living in it. The empty room reflects the guy who moved out suddenly leaving 8 weeks rent owed.

6892183716_73e89e17c8_c.jpg

It's more of a long term project for me that can't really be planned out as to when and how to shoot. It's more of a circumstance of being at the house a lot and just shooting it. All the people that live there are really cool/happy about the idea of them and their house being documented. The house has a real soul to it, a real lived in and loved feel to it.

Like I said, the photos are from me just hanging out, drinking tea, shooting photos in the house for 3 hours one morning earlier in the week to see how and what I want to shoot. These are exactly how I don't want it to look but have their own feel and appeal.

@Daz- Yeah, I moved house after being homeless for 8 weeks. Just around the corner nearer Dan Murphy's ;) way cheaper and just as nice! Oh yeah, been having some ripper surfs lately too :P

Feck off :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Great description and it sounds like a good project. The newer photo you added to the thread, I could swear I saw that recently somewhere and loved the lighting and tones. Well done. :)

Great description and it sounds like a good project. The newer photo you added to the thread, I could swear I saw that recently somewhere and loved the lighting and tones. Well done. :)

I posted it in the random thread a few weeks ago.

7655706478_061509105c_c.jpg

7653464872_bd61621264_c.jpg

7653431374_a7ef8c546c_c.jpg

7650195880_75280003b0_c.jpg

7650173142_fa4562bff4_c.jpg

7650119656_f70d753ae8_c.jpg

7650100630_bf47010466_c.jpg

7650149696_14df4dd337_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

top notch.

Thanks. I'm still only about 1/3 the way through phase 1 of the whole project which has about 3-4 phases (self imposed phases relating to different aspects of the house). These are just the over views of the room before actually exploring the delicate intimacies of the house and the portraits of the occupants.

• Advertisement

7665451268_198b6dfc3e_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Having sat under the big grey softbox of an Irish 'summer' sky for the last few weeks, the light in these is beautiful.

Appetite whetted for more.

7689699956_63644b9da5_c.jpg

7689686680_1aa43f5364_c.jpg

Advertisement