Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad bodyshop work

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi all, new user here,12 months ago i had own damage to a 2006 avensis.My insurance company sent it to to there body shop.Recently the paint has started to flake on bonnet respray and a replaced head light has a lot of condensation,what are my options on this matter if any!will i have to repair it myself or should the shop rectify it?any advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

12 months is a long time for an issue to crop up. If it had been a poor respray job, it should surely have happened after a few weeks, not a year. The headlight full of condensation could be as a result of someone not replacing the covers properly when changing a bulb. Speak to your Insurance company, but after 12 months I'm not sure how much luck you will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check out the Motors or Consumer Issues forums.
    12 months isn't all that long time imo but I'm not a car paint pro.
    Do you have a receipt for the work? Does it state anything about warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tammy 22

thanks for the replys guys,luckily i still have a receipt for the work,but it doesent mention guarentees,also nothing was done to the car since the fixed it,they were the last people to touch it!

Advertisement