Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo with 2 young kids in Aug

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and Mrs.Loire are planning on heading to Sligo for a week in August to visit her family. Can anyone recommend things to do that the kids would like....they're only 4 and 2 years old respectively. Some indoors suggestions would be good in case the weather's a bit dodge. So far we have the usual planned...a walk or 2 along Rosses Point beach!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There are two indoor play areas Happy Days and Funnybones (Funnybones is in Collooney).
    Eagles Flying is a fantastic place to go. It's in Ballymote. They now have indoor facilities too if it's raining.
    Sligo Golf Academy....the kiddies might be a bit young but it's a nice place.
    A picnic in Hazelwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

there is loads of great playgrounds in Sligo .. Mitchell Curly Park (Kevinsfort) is very good. There is a great walk around the base of Benbulbin, at Barnaribbon .. our two love it (6 and 4).

The walk along Dooley Park is also quite good .. but the playground there is prob a bit old for them.

I can also recommed the two indoor places mentioned by Mag.

The grassy area in Rosses Point is also good for Picnics!

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hazelwood is also good to feed the swans at half moon bay.

Also Strandhill for an ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

If you're mobile, you could pop out to Gillighans World in Lavagh (out the Tubbercurry Road). Also if you browse Sligo Tourism, there are plenty of festivals in and around the town and county in August that usually have family friendly events.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Dependant on weather and if you are mobile Mullaghmore is a great place. We take our 4 year old nephew up there. Beach is lovely and a mini walk around the harbour to see the boats is his favourite. You are then only 10 minutes away from Bundoran. If its sunny, crazy golf and the open air fair keeps them entertained and if it rains, there is indoor bowling and amusement arcades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Markree Riding Stables at the back of Markree Castle in Collooney, Funny Bones indoor play centre again in Collooney, fantastic walks and duck feeding in Hazelwood in Sligo, believe me you won't be stuck, best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Have to second Markree Stables, a wonderful family run place with a great atmosphere and they cater for little ones too (but I think it's from 4 years up).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Theres a new play centre opening in Grange.
    www.facebook.com/fivestarfun
    Dont know when its opening though.
    Just seen the posters up.

You have waterworld in bundoran but i havent been there in years to be honest.
    There is a fun fair up there too.

Advertisement