Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday market Naas racecourse

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Just wondering why the footfall is so poor? It is a perfect venue and could be a great family day out. Would people visit if there was a bus service maybe? What sort of things/stalls etc would you like to see there? Would love your input, thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

For me, paying to park the car out there is a joke. And there's not much to view/buy when you get in. I went once, don't think i was 15 minutes in the place. I thought it was crap. There was a bit of a traveller element there too. Not for my liking. I'd rather pay for an hours parking and go to the farmers market on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

beertons wrote: »
    For me, paying to park the car out there is a joke.
    I've gone there for the last two weeks and it was free parking.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

When it opened first, you paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 era030708

beertons wrote: »
    For me, paying to park the car out there is a joke. And there's not much to view/buy when you get in.

I know the parking fee put people off but they have scrapped that now. You say there's not much to view there, what do you think people would like to see? At the moment there is a very good fruit & veg stall, fresh free range eggs, some clothes stalls, a key cutting service, costume jewellery, sweets, household cleaning products, garden products and the usual car boot stuff, as well as a restaurant, playground, bouncy castle and face painting. I ask because I'm thinking of going into market trading myself and I'm just wondering what people would like to see at these markets. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

People selling a decent selection of records.

Go to a car boot sale in any part of the UK and there's loads of people offloading vinyl. Totally different here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Have been a few months ago. A total waste of time. People selling junk mostly. Very few customers around. It would work much better if it became a car boot sale with say 5 eur entry per car. At least you would have a better chance of getting something decent. Would never bother going there again unless something radically changed

Big change today compared to last week, an increase in traders, options and a lot more customers. Busy until about 2pm then slow in the afternoon. It seems a lot of the traders tend to leave around 2-3pm so best to get there early for more stalls. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, it's under new management and I know they are trying to attract diverse traders. There's a furniture auction there next week too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

we went a few wks ago and found it a waste of time & full of junk v.dissapointing...ended up going to fairyhouse instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lugii

Went to this a few weeks back and didnt see too many stalls but I was late enough (2ish) anyone been there since ??

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Hi All,

Sorry to resurrect this thread but was thinking of going tomorrow to have a look.

Anybody been there recently?
    Is it still on?
    Is it worth the trip?

Any other markets around people would recommend? (dont mind driving distance)

Am looking for garden plants mostly (but also for electronic stuff/dvd box sets/and generally just a root around...)

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    People selling a decent selection of records.

Go to a car boot sale in any part of the UK and there's loads of people offloading vinyl. Totally different here.

Lots of vinyl for sale there recently

Advertisement