Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation

Options
  • 08-05-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi

We're heading to Galway for a few days next week and we would like to treat ourselves to a nice dinner out one evening, does anyone have any suggestions of somewhere we could go?
    Not a fan of fish so anywhere that isn't a fish only restaurant!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You didn't say what food you like but the sticky here shows the places recommended by local boards users for various places.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Thanks - it just lists one restaurant though outside the city centre and pub grub stuff... is there anything walkable?
    We like everything really bar fish but would prefer not to go to a chinese/indian since we do enough of that at home!

Just something for a bit of a treat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Vin na Mara, Kai Restaurant sea rd., Malt House, Kirwins Lane.

Can't go wrong with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Cool thanks a mil for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,184 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cava, Creole, Aniar, Kai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Had some exceptionally nice gourmet bar food and pints recently in Massimo's really nice grub! The Galway Arms does some good gourmet pub grub too.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

! The Galway Arms does some good gourmet pub grub too.

Really?
    Is that recent? I remember only seeing a very very basic burger/shepherds pie thing on a board when I passed. but that was a while ago. What kind of stuff do they do?

The Dáil is somewhere I like and reliable - central, comfy and has a pretty wide range of gourmet pub + fare.
    They encourage punters to review them (either way!) on tripadvisor, so have a look there for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Believe it or not Ive never set foot in the Dail Bar, I always end up down the West.

Your right it was a burger I got in the Galway Arms and it was Yum! I was really surprised at how well it was presented and how good it tasted!

Just for balance I like Scottys too (I like my Burgers lol) , was in there the weekend with the Kids, hes changed his chips though and the new ones are not near as nice as the ones he used to have.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Oscars is great, last time I was there anyways. Park House is always good, as is McSwiggans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Creole is the newest restaurant in Galway - does steaks, burgers, baby back ribs, paella, catfish, etc. Worth looking at the menu - its pretty good.

Kai is another lovely restaurant (back the Wesht) - food is glorious, a little kooky but great.

Rouge is also good - french restaurant - very simple - you get a choice of fish, steak, or veggie dish - the steak is to die for (so is the fish) with a choice of potatoes (steamed, chips, chefs, garlic) and four different little appetizers each - 15 Euro for this - excellent - book early - always packed out.

The Front Door, The Dail, and Buskers Browns all have very good food also. These are on Quay Street.

Park House - old and reliable (a little oldfashioned, but very very good).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Wont go wrong in Cava in Dominick st , top class tapas. Get 2-3 per person and everyone will be well fed.

Advertisement