Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Tray

• 08-05-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

Hope someone here can help my m8 purchased a house and hes shower tray, there is not a great flow to the plug hole, resulting in a small amount of residue water always in the tray, Problem is neither of us have a clue is it a big job or small, as we never seen one put in.

The walls are tiled so if we raise the angle will this interfere with the tiled wall?

Is the tray in the first place secured to the floor?

Is it as simple as putting a piece of timber under it to adjust the angle?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rambai

Hi Joey,

Its not a blocked plug hole he has its the tray, it is not tilted properly towards the hole so the water will drain off properly, the plug hole is clean which I do regularly my self at home.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose the hole is in a corner? If you put something underneath the opposite corner the tray may become wobbly.
    Standing water in the tray shouldn't be an issue but sure it might not be the nicest to step into half an inch of cold water.
    He could get an inlay perhaps or just a shower tray mat?

Or a squeegee ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The problem with moving shower trays is you break the seal around them. This could be something that gets very costly...

Can you post pictures.

Advertisement