Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points Table

Options
  • 08-05-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering if any of you are aware of a plugin for Wordpress that allows you to import or input championship points for a sports league such as a motorsport championship or soccer league?

I'm not trying to do a fantasy league or anything, this is based on actual events where we work out the points and then enter them into the website so they are displayed to the site visitors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Hi folks,

I was wondering if any of you are aware of a plugin for Wordpress that allows you to import or input championship points for a sports league such as a motorsport championship or soccer league?

I'm not trying to do a fantasy league or anything, this is based on actual events where we work out the points and then enter them into the website so they are displayed to the site visitors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul.

Would this be any use?

Excel to Table

Depends on how you want to store your data. Is this for a local tournament & you're displaying team info & points on the website. Is there a reason that you have to import the info? Wordpress can be a nice data-entry point for people if you're not the data is being inputted by someone & not from an external source.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Feathers wrote: »
    Would this be any use?

Excel to Table

Depends on how you want to store your data. Is this for a local tournament & you're displaying team info & points on the website. Is there a reason that you have to import the info? Wordpress can be a nice data-entry point for people if you're not the data is being inputted by someone & not from an external source.

Hi Feathers,

Thanks a million for that.

I was hoping there may be a plugin that would let me enter drivers (or teams for ball sports) and then rounds (or matches for ball sports) and then I could just enter the points scored for each driver or team which would then total and sort and display nicely on the website with an added widget for showing the top x on the side bar.

There seems to be a good one for ball sports but it doesn't appear if it can be altered to suit anything other than soccer.

Many thanks

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

What about this Paul, just came across it — http://ianhaycox.com/f1stats/.

It's a paid plugin — €20, but it's pre-tailored to motorsports. It should be fairly straightforward to do this type of stuff yourself with Wordpress, but might be handier to pay for it sometimes :)

If you were to do it from scratch, you'd probably want to add custom fields to your posts, to give each post a date/driver/team/time/points etc. & then use SQL queries to pull out the relevant ones, sum totals etc. There's a guy talking about doing something similar for keeping a running log here, might be a start.

Advertisement