Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Title Deeds.

• 08-05-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi can anyone help! My Mum passed away - we can't locate the Title Deeds of the house but we have the Folio No. from the Land Registry. How difficult is it to get new Title Deeds with new name change?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Sympathies on your bereavement.

Suggest you see a solicitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

If there is a Folio number the title is registered so there will not be deeds as such.

Contact the Land Registry. Website PRAI.ie

You can take up a copy folio, to change the name (change title or ownership) you will need a solicitor to do that. If there is probate to be extracted contact a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pink Lady

Thank you so much for your help! I was hoping to avoid dealing with a Solicitor as not working and don't have the money for one but I guess I'll have to go see one!

Many thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!

PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

Is the property jointly owned with anybody else? If it is then the surviving joint owner can make a withdrawal of name application. If however the property is not jointly owned then it will be necessary to extract a Grant of Probate/Administration depending on whether you mother had a will or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pink Lady

Thank you. The property was solely in my Mum's name. She left a will leaving it to my sister for her lifetime and then to me. We couldn't find the Title Deeds when she passed and I got the Folio No. from the Land Registry but wasn't sure if I had to go to a Solicitor to name my sister solely on it. I guess I'm trying to find the cheapest way for us to do that. I appreciate all the advice I'm getting.

PL

• Advertisement
Advertisement