Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does second year count? Arts. Help

• 08-05-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

In second year doing a joint hons in philosophy and politics. I always thought 33% of my second year grade would go towards third year but i looked at marks and standards and it said something about 50 credit module only counting. Can anyone vertify this for me?

http://www.ucc.ie/admin/registrar/marksandstandards/2012CACSSS.pdf

its on page 9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Ya it's 100% final year. Soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 greeny12

are u sure though?? anyone else know for certain??

greeny12 wrote: »
    are u sure though?? anyone else know for certain??

As a single honours student who went through this a couple of months ago you can trust me, but that doesn't mean you should throw away this year either.

It says that if you're taking 50 credits in either of the two subjects, 33% of your final grade will come from 2nd year

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fifitricks

Im doing Joint Hons too and due to issues during the year my college work suffered and I ****ed up second year...do any marks from this years exams go towards my finals as I really want to do a Masters and think second year results will affect that chance

Well unless we know your subjects we can't answer that but when applying for Masters they will look at your 2nd year results so you may not get any conditional offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

2nd year Arts goes towards your final result at the end of third year. As far as I can tell, it's the average of the two years although this might be a little simple.

Also, if you're doing history and you're told that your grades decide preference of modules in third year, don't believe them. I got 1:1's all year, busted my balls so that I wouldn't have to worry in third... still got landed in the wrong seminar and Charlotte simply replied... "I don't know who told you that"

Advertisement