Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland

Options
  • 08-05-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was jus wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Enterprise Ireland and what were your opinions of them?

I am in the process of setting up my own business. I have done market research on my target market and it was all very positive. So my next step is to try as accurate as possible a costing of my product and all associated expenses. One thing that I very much want is to have my product made in Ireland if at all possible. So i contacted EI and explained to them in some detail what I was doing and asked them would they be able to provide me with a list of Irish manufacturers. I have now done this on two separate occasions and have still failed to receive any response from them. The last email I sent was 14 business days ago and still nothing.

Considering how every one is trying to promote business in Ireland I find it amazing that they still have not sent any kind of reply to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

you should probably start with your local county enterprise board first. They can help you get info from EI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

bget wrote: »
    would they be able to provide me with a list of Irish manufacturers.
    I think you may have hit the 'not my job' wall, you'll have to do that research yourself.
    Let your fingers do the walking.
    Then when you find some suitable candidates, let your legs do the walking.
    Considering how every one is trying to promote business in Ireland I find it amazing that they still have not sent any kind of reply to me.
    Agreed, see above.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience with them??
    Not EI, one of the local boards.
    They do what they do, and in fairness they generally do it quite well. They don't do what they don't do, expect little more than a blank look when you ask if they do something they don't do.

If there are specific contractor / manufacturer / supplier types you want recommendations on, I'm sure there's somewhere appropriate on boards.

Mods, would that be here?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Gurgle wrote: »
    I think you may have hit the 'not my job' wall,

Thanks for you input, I appreciate it tho I do think this is part of their job. On the EI there is a specific section for people who want to be put in touch with Irish manufacturers...

Advertisement