Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience HELP

Options
  • 08-05-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

i was on here a while ago trying to figure a way around not completing my work experience. well i spoke to my tutor and he agreed to give me a week extra to complete it which i did. i went to hand up my journal last week but he wasnt in and i wasnt in college again until today so i handed it up today. he said he had not yet received the supervisors evaluation yet and that it had to be in today so he asked me to ring the hospital and get them to either fax it to him or ring him and call it out over the phone. i rang them and they said that the nurse i did work experience with was gone on maternity leave and that they could not find the evaluation form in her office. i asked them if another nurse could give me an evaluation over the phone and they asked around and said that because i didn't work with any other nurse except the one on maternity leave that they couldn't give me an evaluation because they do not know how i did or my capability or anything. i tried ringing my tutor to explain to him but he's not answering the phone. so it looks like i'm down 30% automatically because it has to be in today. my question is if i am still going to get graded on my journal that i handed in today worth 50% or will they disregard that because i don't have the evaluation handed in!!! at least if they still grade me i will get a merit which is a lot better than a fail. anyone know how fetac handle this sort of situation??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Ok stop panicing first of all, this can be sorted. This is a matter exclusively for your centre and nothing to do with FETAC. The agreement your centre has with FETAC means that they must handle these sort of issues and have procedures in place.The FETAC External Authenticator only comes to check that procedures are carried out and that all is marked fairly.

So contact your centre - if you can not get the Tutor speak to the Course Course Co-ordinator or FETAC Co-ordinator. There is a facility for the Tutor to mark the report if the Supervisor fails to complete it and return it.

If all else fails then there is the appeals process after you get your results - this works on 2 levels - That the marks are fair etc but more importantly that the process and procedures were followed and you were treated fairly.

Best of luck and keep us informed

Advertisement