Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Classes in Mullingar

Options
  • 08-05-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

My girlfriend is currently looking for some kind of fitness class in Mullingar town but she isn't having much luck.
    Many of the classes in the town that she has found are no longer running, as she has no car she thinks the walk to Flex is too far concidering the badly lit road out and the weather at the moment.

If anybody knows of any classes that might help her out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

The boxing club I'm in does a ladies class on a Thursday night. He does a good mix of crossfit, aero-box/boxercise. Would she be into something like that do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I know Flex are still doing kettlebells and spinning.
    she should hop on the bike down there, now that the evenings are longer

'the park' is members only and bloomfield is even farther out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DaveAnderson

Where is the boxing club based? I'd imagine she would like that sort of thing, she has tried Zumba an stuff butt is looking for a more exercise based class. That could be perfect for her thank you.

Have been talking to the park and its full, the Bloomfield is a long way out and could be just a bit too far out. I know there as Zumba classes on Tuesdays in the arts centre and if she likes the boxing/exercise classes on Thursday that would be fantastic

Where is the boxing club based? I'd imagine she would like that sort of thing, she has tried Zumba an stuff butt is looking for a more exercise based class. That could be perfect for her thank you.

Have been talking to the park and its full, the Bloomfield is a long way out and could be just a bit too far out. I know there as Zumba classes on Tuesdays in the arts centre and if she likes the boxing/exercise classes on Thursday that would be fantastic

God, I know it sounds terrible, but I don't know the name of the street! LOL I usually park in Penny's/Lifestyle and walk to the bridge, it's just beside it. Patrick Street I think? I'll check it tomorrow when I'm there and get you more information. The class runs from 7 to 9 as far as I know.

Thanks very much, is it the gym down the lane beside the betting office by any chance? I think its called riverside. Thanks again for being so helpful

• Advertisement

Thanks very much, is it the gym down the lane beside the betting office by any chance? I think its called riverside. Thanks again for being so helpful

That's the one. Riverside Gym. No worries.

Yep, 7pm to 9pm on a Thursday. Costs a fiver.

Thanks a lot for that

Thanks a lot for that

No worries.

OK, I was in there this morning and the ladies class is Tuesday and Thursday, 7 to 9 (ish) and costs €5.00. Go in and talk to the chap, Dave is his name. :)

riverside gym? where's that??

• Advertisement

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    riverside gym? where's that??

Patrick Street. Just at the bridge, beside Clarke's pub.

Patrick Street. Just at the bridge, beside Clarke's pub.
    shouldn't that be Canal Gym??? :D

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    shouldn't that be Canal Gym??? :D

PMSL! Yeah, should be! :pac:

Advertisement