Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fines on Sold Car Still Registered to Original Owner.

• 08-05-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Just trying to get some advice for my boyfriend.
    What would the procedure be for him getting fines in his door for speeding etc for a car registered in his name that he previously sold to a garage years ago? All he knows at this stage is that the garage owner is not co-operating and the car is still registered to him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sonyvision

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just trying to get some advice for my boyfriend.
    What would the procedure be for him getting fines in his door for speeding etc for a car registered in his name that he previously sold to a garage years ago? All he knows at this stage is that the garage owner is not co-operating and the car is still registered to him.

Happened to my uncle a few months back, went to the station explain will his insurance certs for his new car and showed oh his old insurance when it was swapped over, from what I remember he had to go back down to the tax off and file out sum forms....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Oh, never thought of that! I'll pass it on! Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

lousy thing of the garage to do. People should ALWAYS send off the registration book themselves.

Yeah, think he wont be making this mistake again in a hurry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

cursai wrote: »
    lousy thing of the garage to do. People should ALWAYS send off the registration book themselves.
    When dealing with a car dealer you give them the VRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

aujopimur wrote: »
    When dealing with a car dealer you give them the VRC.

Yes and they should always send it off. Sorry post sounded backwards. Duh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The thing is dealers are supposed to do the change of ownership online. Unless you stand there and watch you have no way of knowing if it is done.

He's applied to Aviva for a statement of his insurance anyway so he'll have proof it was swapped over. Hopefully that's enough!

Advertisement