Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best site to host past radio shows?

• 08-05-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

I've been doing a radio show for a community station for a few months now. I have kept it pretty quiet so far as I wasn't happy with my performance, but lately I've been happy with the shows to the point where I want to put them online for people to listen to at any time.

Anyways, I've uploaded last week's show to SoundCloud, but have realised that there's a 120 minute limit on there, so I'd have to delete last week's show to upload this week's show.

Ideally I'd like to have all the shows available, as I interview different musicians each week.

Is there a good hosting service there to use? Preferably free, but I'd be prepared to pay too if the prices weren't as steep as SoundCloud.

Thanks,

JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

What community station are you broadcasting on? Most community stations are streaming online with podcast facilities.
    My own brother is on Dublin South FM. I know his show is available on the web.
    There's only a handful not at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dick Tation

Mixcloud is exclusively for radio programs and is free to upload to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hey all.

I've been doing a radio show for a community station for a few months now. I have kept it pretty quiet so far as I wasn't happy with my performance, but lately I've been happy with the shows to the point where I want to put them online for people to listen to at any time.

Anyways, I've uploaded last week's show to SoundCloud, but have realised that there's a 120 minute limit on there, so I'd have to delete last week's show to upload this week's show.

Ideally I'd like to have all the shows available, as I interview different musicians each week.

Is there a good hosting service there to use? Preferably free, but I'd be prepared to pay too if the prices weren't as steep as SoundCloud.

Thanks,

JB

Have you cleared this with your station management and asked if they have plans to do something similar?

I wouldn't embark on this project unless you have.

Have put in place the relevant clearance with the people that you interview particularly if they perform any music as part of the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭essdee

I use podbean for mine (http://insideeducation.podbean.com/). I find it quite good, and although I have uploaded almost 140 half-hour programmes, it costs about US$20 per month. The stats details the package provides are not as detailed as I'd like.

Advertisement