Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody to catch Sole on east coast

Options
  • 08-05-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey,

I don't have a clue about fishing but I need a catch a few common or sand sole and have them kept alive until they reach a tank (I'm using them in a research project). A boat was charted to do a large scale fish last year but I need so few (maybe only 5) so I was hoping that there may be someone out there that catches them frequently and would be willing to keep them alive until I'd get them. Also if anybody can point me in the right direction that would be great too. Ideally I'm looking for a fisherman on the east coast nearish to Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

Might get a better responce here mate

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/

Why not try catch some yourself, Only place I had luck getting them was Arklow beach south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

You could speak to the people at the fish auction in Howth - they could probably put you in touch with a skipper that would be catching flatfish and then you could get the skipper to keep a few for you. Your method of keeping them alive would have to be simple and not take up much space.
    Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to learn about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Sport Fishing

I would say there is very little chance of anyone catching you a sole (not to mention keeping it alive for you) on the east coast. Are you sure you don't mean Dabs and not Sole?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

I definitely need sole (Solea solea or Pegusa lascaris). I'm working in a research lab looking at the parasites that are found on them naturally in the wild. The fish found on the east coast have been found to be more infected than those on the west coast. I was just hoping someone may be interested if they had a few to throw one in a bucket with an aerator (that I'd give them) and hope for the best until they get back and I pick them up (and pay them whatever they would normally get for them).
    There is also very little chance of me catching any myself, I've don't have a clue about fishing and imagine I wouldn't be able to catch anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

lorimc wrote: »
    I definitely need sole (Solea solea or Pegusa lascaris). I'm working in a research lab looking at the parasites that are found on them naturally in the wild. The fish found on the east coast have been found to be more infected than those on the west coast. I was just hoping someone may be interested if they had a few to throw one in a bucket with an aerator (that I'd give them) and hope for the best until they get back and I pick them up (and pay them whatever they would normally get for them).
    There is also very little chance of me catching any myself, I've don't have a clue about fishing and imagine I wouldn't be able to catch anything.

I posted a link above dude, try asking there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Patolagola wrote: »
    I posted a link above dude, try asking there...

I will, just thought I might reply to the posts ;)

Advertisement