Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a mistake signing my DS-2019 form, panicking!

Options
  • 08-05-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, so I've applied for a J1 visa with usit and I have my embassy meeting this Friday. I thought I had all the forms completed correctly... And then I realised I signed my DS-2019 incorrectly. Instead of putting "Dublin" under "Place" I put "UCD, Dublin" (where I signed the form). I emailed USIT asking them if this was okay, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal, and was told this that this situation has never arisen before so they're unsure as to what will happen. They said I should go to my interview as normal but that they cant tell what the outcome will be, that it depends on what the interviewing officer decides. They said worst case scenario, I need to be issued new papers (which will cost €100) and will need to reschedule my interview date... Aaaaand lucky me, the soonest available date is June 1st, 2 days after I leave for Chicago, so I'd have to pay to reschedule my flights.
    Has anyone else made this mistake (or a similar one) before but just never mentioned it to USIT and not had a problem at the embassy? I rang the visa information service at the embassy but they didn't know either and told me to email the embassy directly, so I did that but probably won't hear back for a day or two. I'm seriously panicking about this because I really cannot afford to pay all these extra charges, and I don't want to have to fly out later than June 1st (and since visa processing takes about 5 days it would probably be after June 6th?). Someone reassure me please :(? I'm such an idiot.

EDIT: just got a reply back from the embassy saying it's fine, what a relief. Mods can you lock/delete this please :)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Locked per OP request, but won't delete if you don't mind, someone else may find it useful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement